LawlAmgad

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Malice

Has anyone ever figured out the actual numbers for malice? I'm just curious, like if you do 1k damage with no malice modifiers do you get 1k malice out?
Advertisement

amacle12

Rank 1
PostedNov 17, 2012 5:46 pm
Noone is really sure how it works. As far as I can tell it goes something like the following

Each attack gives malice equal to dmg +- malice modifiers
IF added dmg(such as elemental dmg) it gets same +- percent. +x malice buffs like dec of anger added to each dmg type seperatly. e.g. you do 1k slash and 150 fire dmg. Both get +-% malice, and both get =x malice added

Te "hidden" factors are twofold

1. It is unkown how much malice is generated by tank skills like provoke and angry punch. The descriptons indicate the force mobs to attack you or add "huge" malice. No definite numbers given. (on an aside, even a successful provoke wont always take aggro)

2. It is unknown how much initial malice is granted for aggroing a mob.

Unless aeria open up the game mechanics to us, we can never be completly sure

LawlAmgad

Rank 0
PostedNov 18, 2012 2:02 am
I thought so, would have hoped someone did some excessive testing. -malice certs barely do anything, so I was trying to figure out what the actual numbers were. If the malice generated was a small number I could see a -8% malice being ineffective. However you have to take into consideration snub and declaration of anger, their numbers as well. Since DoA does make quite a difference, that indicates that the numbers of malice aren't in the high thousands.