dovismickus

Rank 0
PostedNov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

FPS LAG on good specs

Ok so I got AVA around 2-4 days ago and everytime I play it I get a max of 55 frames per second. I currently have windows 8 and a week ago completely reformated my computer so shouldnt be any issues with hard drive and stuff. My spec are :

Intel core i7 3612qm quad core processor @ 2.10ghz per core.
Nvidia Geforce GT 630m graphics card with 2gb vram.
I got 2 modules of ram with each being 4gb(total of 8gb) and run at 1600mhz frequency.
I got a HDD hard drive which runs at 5200rpm.

So I really shouldnt have any problems with there specs but I do for some reason. Any ideas ?
Advertisement

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedNov 16, 2012 3:42 pm
Alt tab from the game and make sure no processes are taking an unnecessary amount of PC resources. For example, sometimes I will find that xfire, skype, or YIM are taking up a whole cores worth of processing power, which is definitely not what should be happening. Also just make sure most background processes are closed in general as they will just clutter things. If you don't have it already, try Game Booster which will help close unnecessary back ground processes in bulk.

However, with this new version you will have to manually close the process after running it, since it conflicts with the new anti cheat, Xigncode.

dovismickus

Rank 0
PostedNov 16, 2012 6:26 pm
I checked the task manager and the process that takes most of the processing power is AVA and it takes around 1 core or less. On windows 7 the game would work with at least 150 FPS but now it works with 60 fps max so it is very annoying. Any more ideas? If not is there any way to downgrade to windows 7 without having the windows 7 cd?(Like downloading it from microsoft and burning it onto a cd) I got the product key for windows 7 home premium which came with the computer so I think you should get the idea.

Thanks in advance.

gazj84

Rank 2
gazj84
PostedNov 16, 2012 9:24 pm
go to your nvidia control panel force vsynce off and turn it on in game that removes the frame cap

further more you can edit the config file and set the smoothframerate options from the defaults to something more like 70 to 150 fps then ingame set smooth frame rate on and frame stabalise on

Flaim2

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 9:24 am

Re: FPS LAG on good specs

dovismickus wrote:
Ok so I got AVA around 2-4 days ago and everytime I play it I get a max of 55 frames per second. I currently have windows 8 and a week ago completely reformated my computer so shouldnt be any issues with hard drive and stuff. My spec are :

I got 2 modules of ram with each being 4gb(total of 8gb) and run at 1600mhz frequency.

So I really shouldnt have any problems with there specs but I do for some reason. Any ideas ?  

i don't mean to be rude, but...
do you really think you could have more fps with such a bad graphics card?
it's not meant for gaming, more like the usual office stuff and some surfing on the webz.
even a toaster gets you more fps.

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedNov 17, 2012 10:36 am

Flaim2 wrote:
dovismickus wrote:

it's not meant for gaming, more like the usual office stuff and some surfing on the webz.

At least he have an i7...I wish I could have one...

Flaim2

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 10:53 am

The2009RKO wrote:
At least he have an i7...I wish I could have one...  

so what? even if he had a dual-cpu server mainboard with double i7 3970X oc'ed to 5ghz and 64 gb ddr3-2300 ram, but the same gfx he still had pitiful fps, as the gfx -which is total **** in his case- defines the max fps.

that's why there's nothing he can do about it with his current laptop, besides throwing it away (or use it for what this particular one was designed for: working) and getting a new one.

don't get me wrong. this laptop is amazing for working purposes, but total crap for gaming, just because of the bad graphics card.

the only suggestion for this one i can give is to try this tool:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1570333

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Flaim2 wrote:

Lol, I'm pretty sure that the Nvidia 630 is the best graphics card on the market atm.

@OP, GameBooster should solve the problem. Download the 3.5.1 Beta. It is better than 3.4 because it closes more programs and tweaks your computer. Also, do what Gaz said and turn off V-sync.

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms and Soldier Front 2. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

Flaim2

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:07 pm

ramsisthe3rd wrote:
Lol, I'm pretty sure that the Nvidia 630 is the best graphics card on the market atm.  

1/10

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedNov 17, 2012 2:15 pm
Ramsis bro, I'm not gona be rude, but please go read up on todays video cards, and how they are labeled based on performance