Assasin186

Rank 0
Assasin186
PostedNov 16, 2012 10:24 pm
Alajah wrote:
An SS should have half or maybe even 1/3 of the evasion they have.

For close range physical they have a jump back.
For long range physical, they have equal opportunity.
For magical, they should be able to kill one in 3-4 hits.  

I couldn't agree more. Seriously, it summarizes all I think.

xyoojk wrote:
In duels vs Rangers, I don't slip unless I've stunned them, which rarely happens at higher levels considering mongoose duration.  

This reminds me something, what is it "Increases Melee Attack by +1%" or "Long Range Hit by +1.5%"? I mean, berserkers almost doesn't exist in long range combat, rangers in short range neither. That two classes and assassin (I hope I'm not forgetting anyother) are the only classes that have short and long range physical attack, and this hit rate's division almost only affects us, I don't know why does this exist.
I'm not happy with that, but that exists. With their jump and their basilisk shot, they are almost always in a long range combat, when one finaly gets them, they shouldn't have the evasion they have.
To jump we need charge points and luck (because they could use slip) and I'm not asking something similar for them (need charge to dodge) because it would be ugly for that class, I'm asking less evasion for them, because their always far from the hits.
Advertisement

Alajah

Rank 0
Alajah
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:43 am
That other annoying thing, slip cancelling. There's supposed to be an invincible buff along with slip, but it hasn't come.

On-topic, it wouldn't be so bad if there was a sacrifice involved. But there's no real dps loss that comes with the high evasion.

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:47 am
Concerning the last point about evasion.
70+ atleast SS's are not capable of 1 hitting staff sheilding/70 staff based mage classes.
Far from it, I would say it takes several hits.

I can say that my staff-based mystic was very capable of 1-hitting/2-hitting same lvl SS's upon a critical hit (Izzeth has seen this in person like 2 months ago xD).
(Staff spec 4/70 Staff/Flying Eagle Elder Talent Combo/Staff Expert AT/Staff Sheilding 4)

Depleting thier evasion further would make them very delicious food for a class they're traditionally meant to counter.
I would like to see this addressed somehow^^

Alajah

Rank 0
Alajah
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:49 am
They're meant to counter by physical damage killing them before they can cast 2 skills. But classes are broken. Not like magic really bothers with evasion check much.

ThreeLeggedCar

Rank 0
ThreeLeggedCar
PostedNov 17, 2012 4:29 am
what the stupid. How has this even gone on for 7 pages?

Rangers have evasion. Sins have evasion. Deal with it. Things aren't unbalanced.

except sleep sleep is unbalanced get rid of sleep. nghughanad sleep you are evil.

[Grand Fantasia] | SecondShadow Lv 100 Predator | xNanaki Lv 79 Sharpshooter | [Wolfteam] | Sloth L. Colonel | miya makes awesome siggies <3

Izzeth

Rank 2
PostedNov 17, 2012 4:41 am
ThreeLeggedCar wrote:
what the stupid. How has this even gone on for 7 pages?

Rangers have evasion. Sins have evasion. Deal with it. Things aren't unbalanced.

except sleep sleep is unbalanced get rid of sleep. nghughanad sleep you are evil.  

You will change your mind once you get a sleep cape. Q_Q

stormcanuck19

Rank 2
stormcanuck19
PostedNov 17, 2012 5:23 am
Ranger/SS/Hwk has the most Agi of all the classes, so of course the evasion will be large...what did you expect? lol (10 agi = 1 evade)

After mongoose, ranger's next line of defense is well... evasion, we barely got any base damage reduction once mongoose is down (max -12% dmg reduc), defense is quite a joke to be honest you won't see any decent def until you reach 75 at least.

You guys keep saying weasel dodge...that has a 8 second cooldown btw, it's not like it's spammable. If you are a decent/good ranger you should know how to kite targets and know how to shoot while moving.

Alajah wrote:
For magical, they should be able to kill one in 3-4 hits.  

Sure up to level 60, 70 beyond, there is no way in h3ll a SS can kill a mage class that is properly built in 3-4 hits.. in fact it's the other way around...mage will KILL the SS in 3-4 hits if the ss is goofing off.

<center>

| Alice/Bodor/Ponchee | Crimsonited | PhoenixAero: 8X SharpShooter | CrimsonTalon: DarkStalker |
</center>

reoow

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 6:00 am
Assasin186 wrote:
I'm not saying rangers don't deserve evasion, but they don't deserve all that time of mangoose or don't deserve all the evasion of mangoose.

Izzeth wrote:
seems like your hit rate is sort of crappy. Work on it. o.o  

I'm pretty sure my hit rate couldn't be higher if I don't use fruits or anything like that, and if rangers don't need to use them to hit me, I'm saying I shouldn't need to use it to hit them, at least it should be equal for both classes. Yesterday I incite a paladin to fight against me without relic or buff, I had 208 evasion and he almost didn't make any miss -.- . In his equip, he had 27% hit rate, why could he hit me if I can't hit anyone with that evasion even with my hit rate.  

In other word, you are saying that other people have no problem hitting a high evasion class with out buff and specialize items but you have, so there is something wrong with the ranger's evasion, not your hit rate? Good point.

Izzeth

Rank 2
PostedNov 17, 2012 6:05 am
reoow wrote:
Assasin186 wrote:
I'm not saying rangers don't deserve evasion, but they don't deserve all that time of mangoose or don't deserve all the evasion of mangoose.

Izzeth wrote:
seems like your hit rate is sort of crappy. Work on it. o.o  

I'm pretty sure my hit rate couldn't be higher if I don't use fruits or anything like that, and if rangers don't need to use them to hit me, I'm saying I shouldn't need to use it to hit them, at least it should be equal for both classes. Yesterday I incite a paladin to fight against me without relic or buff, I had 208 evasion and he almost didn't make any miss -.- . In his equip, he had 27% hit rate, why could he hit me if I can't hit anyone with that evasion even with my hit rate.  

In other word, you are saying that other people have no problem hitting a high evasion class with out buff and specialize items but you have, so there is something wrong with the ranger's evasion, not your hit rate? Good point.  

Exactly.. s;

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedNov 17, 2012 6:56 am
Alajah wrote:
They're meant to counter by physical damage killing them before they can cast 2 skills. But classes are broken. Not like magic really bothers with evasion check much.  

No it doesn't but this will mean magic will hit even more so, nothing that Mystic magic has nothing that lower evasion unlike AM does (only hit gained here is from the PvP set + Flying Eagle elder talent combo). Not that death due to sleep hammer wasn't bad enough.

Lets see now according to your proposition they deserve to now get screwed over by nearly all magic classes and pallies and zerks so that leaves... wut assasin/darkstalkers and clerics/prophets?

Assasins have things in easy mode till 60, and then can get -100 physical damage taken at 70.
So rangers are screwed there. How about prophets is the ONLY class left a sharpshooter can hope to do decent against under what's being suggested.