whitenuts00

Rank 1
whitenuts00
PostedNov 16, 2012 1:29 pm
Are people really "not coming to the store", though? As I see it, it's a minority that complains about the gender lock and actively refuses to play the game with it. Most people just don't seem to care or don't care enough to stop them from playing the game, even if they would like it removed.
Advertisement

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 16, 2012 2:06 pm
deatheater59 wrote:
Think of it from this perspective.
If you were a business owner and you just recently opened up and you figured out why people are not coming in and buying stuff from you store. What would you do? Would you change what is keeping people away or alter your store so that people come and you make a profit?  

What if changing your store would make it the same as the 10 other stores on the street?

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedNov 16, 2012 2:53 pm
If it makes you gain profit why not do it?

Edit:Because mostly every game in the market does not have a Gender lock.Players think that is common. And when a game that does have a gender lock,they think negatively about it.

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
The2009RKO
PostedNov 16, 2012 6:09 pm
Sorry about the noob question but... what's "Lock Class"? o.o

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedNov 16, 2012 6:31 pm
I honestly don't really mind much the gender lock. I've played both genders in pretty much every game I play lol, because it's not like it'll change who you are as a person. But that's just my opinion so I can understand why others would want it to change.

ghepard112

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:21 am
it is a very nice thing for people to can decide what class and gender want to play

ghepard112

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:34 am
The2009RKO wrote:
Sorry about the noob question but... what's "Lock Class"? o.o  

you cannot play like man with sorc and SM only like female

Ryuzo

Rank 0
Ryuzo
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:53 am
The developers are not gonna change it and Aeria is not going to listen. Period.

Aeria only listen to bug fixes and balancing issues (at most). They don't deliver content as requested by players. They never would.

And the lore reason is pretty weak to defend the fact. MMORPG's have near non-existent lores. And even if it did 98% just don't bother to read. How many times have YOU read through all lines of text in the game? Just saying.

Humans don't have female of the species? That kind of lore is BS. If one is to take lore into account, nobody will accept a stupid lore like that.

I suspect they wanted to make a clean PVP themed game with less stress on visual player customization. If you want a MMORPG where you want characters in game to be the same gender as you and that even looks like you, go play Perfect World.