Lgm.

Rank 1
Lgm.
PostedOct 18, 2012 1:43 am

dex?

how does it work?
ellosies hunnies,

just a question has there been a change to how dex works or can i go with the things that are figured out back in 2009?

the reason i ask is cos i am building a sin for canta and would like to set some numbers before i start linking.

*kizzy*

Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedOct 18, 2012 5:38 am

Re: dex?

how does it work?
Lgm. wrote:
ellosies hunnies,

just a question has there been a change to how dex works or can i go with the things that are figured out back in 2009?

the reason i ask is cos i am building a sin for canta and would like to set some numbers before i start linking.

*kizzy*  

There hasn't happened an overhaul at the mechanics behind the stats. The effects which got investigated and proved is still valid. ( 1 DEX = +0.2 attack, accuracy = ~ 5/6 + ( your DEX - opp DEX ) / ( your DEX + opp DEX ) ) => still a close estimation.

But, about the amount of stats, it is different if you compare canta between now and in 2009. Having 900+ stats isn't rare anymore. And i didn't have mentioned about enchant level, ele2 lapis and dread gears.

If you want, you can check this DEX theory discussion.

signature of xybolt

Lgm.

Rank 1
Lgm.
PostedOct 18, 2012 6:13 am
tyvm xy,

so the thing to figure out is how much dex people use in canta atm!

anyways that formula is so close to an assumption we (stun bots) used to use back in the days.

so you prolly can help me out on this one to..

canta fighter/war 350 dex?
canta arc/hunt 450
canta sin/ran 500

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedOct 20, 2012 7:43 am
Lgm. wrote:
tyvm xy,

so the thing to figure out is how much dex people use in canta atm!

anyways that formula is so close to an assumption we (stun bots) used to use back in the days.

so you prolly can help me out on this one to..

canta fighter/war 350 dex?
canta arc/hunt 450
canta sin/ran 500  

i've been out of circulation PvP wise, so i cannot tell you a close stat. But what you have posted are close to these which i have seen and noticed when i have played. Since the gear didn't evolved that much ( the newest lapis isn't for canta or lower ), it's high likely that it's still same.

signature of xybolt

MartinBier

Rank 0
PostedNov 08, 2012 4:01 pm
It isn't weird for warrior and fighters to run around with 400+ dex. (at least that's what i gleaned from a convo when 2 fighters were testing)

example (heard in pvp while people were testing Very Happy thought yay good moment to share)
Dutchiee has 600 while reon goes with 550 >.>

Maybe these are exceptions but I doubt it, after the merge there was a huge influx of 'high' ranked canta players making more stat points available, Dread gear is rather common too (more often than not 1 in 8 (yes i calculated this when i still walked around in heroic/worship gear, few weeks after merge) has 1 heroic piece (only 1), yeah legendary pieces were more common then heroic)

Bleh, I suppose it's helpfull to know that people run with about twice the dex you thought they did >.< but best advice i can give is to join the aol raid during the Euro daytime (monday-friday) and just ask in raid. People will be bored enough to answer XD

Hope it's at least a bit helpful,

Mardy

Lgm.

Rank 1
Lgm.
PostedNov 11, 2012 6:51 am
ty mardy.

well basicly its like this atm if you wanna play a sin you have to get atleast 700 dex to be of any use atm.

so basicly the game has exclude yet another class from canta.

wich means dex in all slots and skill points in dex. leaves you with no other chooice.

dun get me wrong here i will still push on to make it with my lil sinni in tue snow but i will discourage anybody with the same crazy idea.

we HAD 3 things over other classes in the past att speed/ movement speed/ and dex (read dodging) all gone now. so basicly we are verry weak versions of a nub fighter. *sigh*

*reskilling to dot chain*

MartinBier

Rank 0
PostedNov 16, 2012 8:50 am
I applaud your escape from that gang in canyon (4:40 game time 16th) it was way epic.

Pro way to use the stunning disruption, also good to see you got some more hp so you won't die by them magic users >.>

O.o advice: don't go out alone or with only 2 xD this time you didn't die, other times dieing is almost sure o.o

good to see you in pvp, keep it up

Mardy

Lgm.

Rank 1
Lgm.
PostedNov 19, 2012 3:02 am
ty mardy *kizzy*

atm i still have the newby advantage, cos the peeps that ganged me still dunno my playstyle. Smile

and for going out alone i do that on purpose every time i have made some improvements in wanna see if they are usefull.

p.s. you really dunno how much QQ i get for trying to addapt to canta in this way!

*kizzy* you are a doll