Author Message

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
Joined
28 Jan 2009
Posts
4638
Location
United States
PostedNov 15, 2012 3:45 pm
Nexus 7 and Galaxy tab are both wonderful tablet. It all boils down to the price and screen size which are personal preferance.



Personally I bought an 80 dollar Coby Kyros mid33 and it is wonderful. The only problem is the resistive touch (that just means you have to push down on the screen).

I would recommend a capacitative touch (which is just where you can use up to 5 fingers) because it is more convenient. For me though, If I had a capacitative touch, I would waste time and play games on the tablet rather then study and do powerpoints which is why I got the Kyros. I think the newer Kyros have a better touch screen though so you might still want to look into them.

Hope that helps.

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years
Advertisement

whoiskangaru

Rank 4
whoiskangaru
Joined
05 Nov 2012
Posts
3196
Location
Work Camp #22 Korea, North
PostedNov 15, 2012 3:45 pm
snakes1516 wrote:
whoiskangaru wrote:
snakes1516 wrote:
boxofshnerples wrote:
I personally own an iPad3, so what I say will not always be right.
For affordability, I would get the Nexus7, as it is ~200USD for the 16GB version(around 300 for 32GB). For the best android tablet the money can buy, get the Galaxy Tab. Yes, it is more expensive, but you can do much more with it than the nexus.  

Thanks for that, but I'm hoping to spend under 300$ for the tablet and a case for it. The Nexus 7 32 gig is only 250$ on Walmart and I can get a case for ~30$.  
buy the nexus 7 direct from google
don't buy it from walmart ;-;  
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Nexus-7-Black-Wi-Fi-32GB-Tablet-ASUS-1B32/21907347#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1353012916804&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com but it's the exact same price on Walmart, and I already have a Walmart account set up. What's the advantage of buying direct?  
walmart sucks..

m4a1mk3power wrote:
No Kang thread should be locked or closed I said that very line as a gs too!!! Kang is the king get over it

irobbing

Rank 5
irobbing
Joined
02 Jul 2012
Posts
4438
PostedNov 15, 2012 3:46 pm
whoiskangaru wrote:
snakes1516 wrote:
whoiskangaru wrote:
snakes1516 wrote:
boxofshnerples wrote:
I personally own an iPad3, so what I say will not always be right.
For affordability, I would get the Nexus7, as it is ~200USD for the 16GB version(around 300 for 32GB). For the best android tablet the money can buy, get the Galaxy Tab. Yes, it is more expensive, but you can do much more with it than the nexus.  

Thanks for that, but I'm hoping to spend under 300$ for the tablet and a case for it. The Nexus 7 32 gig is only 250$ on Walmart and I can get a case for ~30$.  
buy the nexus 7 direct from google
don't buy it from walmart ;-;  
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Nexus-7-Black-Wi-Fi-32GB-Tablet-ASUS-1B32/21907347#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1353012916804&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com but it's the exact same price on Walmart, and I already have a Walmart account set up. What's the advantage of buying direct?  
walmart sucks..  


What's walmart?

TheNiinja21

Rank 3
Joined
21 Sep 2012
Posts
1203
Location
Seattle United States
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:43 pm
irobbing wrote:
whoiskangaru wrote:
snakes1516 wrote:
whoiskangaru wrote:
snakes1516 wrote:
boxofshnerples wrote:
I personally own an iPad3, so what I say will not always be right.
For affordability, I would get the Nexus7, as it is ~200USD for the 16GB version(around 300 for 32GB). For the best android tablet the money can buy, get the Galaxy Tab. Yes, it is more expensive, but you can do much more with it than the nexus.  

Thanks for that, but I'm hoping to spend under 300$ for the tablet and a case for it. The Nexus 7 32 gig is only 250$ on Walmart and I can get a case for ~30$.  
buy the nexus 7 direct from google
don't buy it from walmart ;-;  
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Nexus-7-Black-Wi-Fi-32GB-Tablet-ASUS-1B32/21907347#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1353012916804&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com but it's the exact same price on Walmart, and I already have a Walmart account set up. What's the advantage of buying direct?  
walmart sucks..  


What's walmart?  

Superstore where everything is cheap

I am the Surgicall.

tsunamiwavess

Rank 2
tsunamiwavess
Joined
08 Nov 2012
Posts
577
Location
United States
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:48 pm
Ipad by far even though it's pretty hefty hefty hefty hefty hefty , anyway all other tablets are just copycatters especially android systems....even got a lawsuit against them from apple

Posted By Aeria Mobile

snakes1516

Rank 0
Joined
18 Oct 2012
Posts
34
Location
NYC! United States
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:57 pm
And of course and apple fanboy comes in and ruins the fun D:. jk but I dont like apple products much, usually overpriced and itunes software is just crap. But is it really better to buy direct, I'm so used to buying off of Walmart, that is one of the only stores my family shops at...

tsunamiwavess

Rank 2
tsunamiwavess
Joined
08 Nov 2012
Posts
577
Location
United States
PostedNov 15, 2012 6:01 pm
If walmart is where you have to go then go. Thats there opinion, but I think walmart is great

Posted By Aeria Mobile

snakes1516

Rank 0
Joined
18 Oct 2012
Posts
34
Location
NYC! United States
PostedNov 15, 2012 6:03 pm
tsunamiwavess wrote:
If walmart is where you have to go then go. Thats there opinion, but I think walmart is great  

Thanks, I think I'll just buy from walmart, never had a problem with their products, and I can just refund Very Happy

whoiskangaru

Rank 4
whoiskangaru
Joined
05 Nov 2012
Posts
3196
Location
Work Camp #22 Korea, North
PostedNov 15, 2012 6:16 pm
tsunamiwavess wrote:
Ipad by far even though it's pretty hefty hefty hefty hefty hefty , anyway all other tablets are just copycatters especially android systems....even got a lawsuit against them from apple  
lmfao....

m4a1mk3power wrote:
No Kang thread should be locked or closed I said that very line as a gs too!!! Kang is the king get over it

cmendonc2

Rank 4
cmendonc2
Joined
28 Apr 2012
Posts
1792
Location
United States
PostedNov 15, 2012 6:39 pm
tsunamiwavess wrote:
Ipad by far even though it's pretty hefty hefty hefty hefty hefty , anyway all other tablets are just copycatters especially android systems....even got a lawsuit against them from apple  


lawsuit from apple means nothing.

didnt they just sue Samsung over CURVED EDGES AND THE SHAPE of the (much better than iphone) Galaxy SIII

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: