grenio20najg

Rank 0
PostedNov 15, 2012 10:13 am

Is it worth to play EE ?

Hey, Im about to download the game but Im not sure if it is worth it
So would like to hear some feedbacks from veterans or so.
Is it pay to win ? Or normal player who dont like to spend money can actualy be able to fight in PvP and beign competetive?
Are people meanie ? I mean do people act liek they takin people to party whoever need it or ' Sorry your items are not over powered you cant be in party with us '
Also I have read somewhere that lags are pretty high and sometiems it is unplayable 'someone confirm'
Advertisement

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedNov 15, 2012 10:29 am
I am a veteran I guess lol, who has been playing since closed beta.

Well regarding the "pay to win" scenario, it does seem that way often. However, it is not completely true. You do not have to purchase AP to gear up and remain competitive in PvP. Instead of paying, you will have to be dedicated to crafting or farming gold via dungeon runs to generate an income. It won't be as easy as a person who buys AP and sells that as a source of income, but it does not prevent you from becoming OP and competitive.

Regarding, "are people meanie?", I would like to say that the community is generally friendly. However with competition, especially PvP, some people get jealous, trash talk, slander others, and just act like sore losers. BUT! Not everyone is like that : P, you will just find some in the higher bracket of PvP. Find a good guild or friends that you can grow with and get better with, and keep your head high. When finding a party it depends on the person who has lead. They might want you geared or they don't care as long as you can sufficiently play your class. As you level up, you may see people "LFM be geared please", but at the lower levels you hardly see that. It shouldn't be a problem to gear up later on if you want to be competitive in PvP. As for the lags, there are server lags sometimes and it can be a huge and annoying delay sometimes but it isn't that bad. I have friends who say they lag a lot but I don't so some of it depends on your connection and hardware.

EE personally is pretty fun to play despite that the grinding can be endless sometimes or items increasingly expensive. But as long as you have people you enjoy playing with and make connections with those you meet along the journey, you should be fine.

yunni006

Rank 3
yunni006
PostedNov 15, 2012 2:53 pm
worth it, trust me c:

liljj1234

Rank 2
liljj1234
PostedNov 15, 2012 4:22 pm
I for one think it's worth it I found this game by accident after my other game closed and was just playing it until I found a game I could play with all my old friends and now I kinda got stuck here xD

Sometimes we're forced to make decisions that we don't want to. It's our job to see things through to the end no matter how bad things get.

shiro4499

Rank 0
shiro4499
PostedNov 15, 2012 4:40 pm
I would say it's worth it.
You will though , inevitably quit.
BUT.. no matter what. You WILL always come back ;3 (my experience anyway)
Just try it ^.^ you'll find its quite fun.

I mostly stay away from people though , so I can only tell you that yeah some people are crappy but a lot of people you meet will be nice and kind and help a lot ^.^! Especially if you join a guild.

So I would say its mostly , meet friends to enjoy type of game yeah? o.o

As for the Pay to win , paying is more of just a easy way out in this game it seems, though you can easily match up to payers with a little work : o.

As for the lag, I find it easy to deal with ^.^.

joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:03 pm
It has the best graphics compare to other Anime style MMORPG out there. Characters are well polished.

There are huge content and many more updates to come.

Lag will always be there from time to time since many players will log in at the same time or the server itself chokes. Pretty manageable.

People will always be a bit mean/rude in any game because of competition. Join a social guild to avoid such drama.

This game is not pay to win. Like many comments, it is an easy way out to gear up quickly but farming gold here is not that bad just takes time and energy.

Overall, Eden Eternal is worth playing and really fun to play.

Glarmeh

Rank 0
Glarmeh
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:28 pm
You don't need AP for anything. You get free costumes when you level, and there are several other chances to get costumes (yes, I am one of those costume obsessed). Yes, at times it may feel like Ap is a necessity in this game, but your perfectly fine without any. You can always save up enough gold, plus, AP doesn't buy you good stat gear, doesn't get you a fantastic playing strategy. So when you reflect on the game, gold and hard work buy you more than AP can. The game does get frustrating sometimes, but you come back to liking it, then hating, then liking, and it goes on.

Jueldia

Rank 0
Jueldia
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:33 pm
I think it's a darn good game for free-to-play. The lag isn't terrible, and only rears its ugly head for a short period of time (not all the time like some games). Usually it lasts 15 minutes or so. If it gets REALLY bad (can't talk to NPCs or in chat because of server lag), I find it clears up if you log out and log back in.

I have been playing for a few months, but I never felt the need to pay to win. I do quite well with what I get in-game. I haven't reached lvl70 yet, but I can honestly say that if people whine about you not being OP enough to play with them... in ANY game... they aren't worth playing with. Find new friends.

As far as I've seen, most of the people on EE are nice. You'll always find a few holier-than-thou people, but they aren't the majority. There are plenty of people who play the game for fun, not as some sort of SUPER SERIOUS second job or what-have-you. And if someone cheats you out of a drop? Goodness, the community will blacklist them faster than you can say NINJA'D!

So, overall I say give it a go. See if you like it. If you don't, move on. If you do, I guarantee you'll find friends here. And plenty of people to run with who won't gripe about your gear. =)

IndoKari

Rank 0
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:43 pm
In my opinion it is not pay to win...I honestly have not ever used AP, and in Arena I am one of the most feared players around. Also, in my opinion, playstyle and builds are bigger factors than gear in most MMOs, and it also seems to be true for the most part in this one. I have not met anyone who has complained about my gear in trials or regular parties (it is no where near the best) nor have I met anyone with a very bad attitude. GMs are usually around in shoutbox or ingame, so I think that even if you do meet someone like that it would not be a big problem. As for the lag, it usually does not lag for me at all...but when it does, it is only lag concerned with NPCs and changing fields. Overall, I think Eden Eternal is a great game with an active GM community.

cuang123

Rank 0
cuang123
PostedNov 15, 2012 6:10 pm
Here are my opinions:

-Its generally ok so far
-Gold can be farmed if you're not a lazy dude
-PvP can get annoying specially if you team up with random people who give up so easily
-Community is ok, some people are friendly some are well not that good, cant say much since I make more enemies than friends so meeehh >_>
-Gears can be obtained without buying AP, like I mentioned above you can get decent items but you need to work for it. But soon you'll come to the point of wanting those 20k-40k-ish stuff which dont really give HUGE boosts since stats are the same, only the looks are cool.

So yeah. Generally thats what all I can say. Have fun. I'll see you soon Twisted Evil

Yeah.. Whatever