LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedNov 08, 2012 10:16 am
Eh I guess i should stop in here and say hi for forum etiquette ;p I'm a gamer, love rpgs, first got into mmorpg thru runescape nigh twelve years ago, shortly after that was introduced to WoW, right before BC came out. However right before the drop of the third expansion I let my membership expire since i was focusing mostly on school and didn't have a powerfull enough computer to play it. been mostly out of the mmorpg scene for several years, till I happened upon aeria, through Crystal Saga via FB. First few weeks wasn't too impressed, but now, i have to say it is pretty interesting. Don't play religiously but i *try* to at least lvl up once or twice when i do get to play. sharing the pc with the bf and working tends to limit time alloted for mindless gaming. ATM I have two mains, i elf Mage, and a Human Priest, 22/21 respectively on Lailah. Aside from lvl 19-20 on my mage, I got both charas there on my own. The two other lvls on my mage, my GL took and twinked my character for a small time one evening while we were both on. However, I have recently decided to leave that guild due to, shortly after that, I haven't seen anymore of my guild on. I'd like to be apart of a guild, but I do know that, for some reason, people find it offensive to see a mage or priest soloing, and I actually prefer to solo more often than not, unless it's a mission that absolutely requires a small party... Smile Over the past month I've come to learn that alot of the Jargon used in my day when I first started mmorpgs, has become obsolete. Such as grinding, some older players still know what that means, however twinking, seems to have been replaced by plvl.

Regardless, yes, you can still call me a n00b, I'm still learning the ropes. I still prefer exploring places, only to find out later, such as in the first pvp area, that there are some places one side cant go cuz it's against the rules. ^///^ (yes, i walked around in the area just exploring, and found the fury's side entrance/castle and wanted to see what it looked like) At any rate I should finish this, didn't want to write a novel here.
Advertisement

Mellijor

Rank 5
Mellijor
PostedNov 08, 2012 10:39 am
Welcome all to SHAIYA Razz

wpgjets1972

Rank 0
PostedNov 10, 2012 3:26 pm

cOMPLETE noob.

I was looking for a realitivly simple RPG to begin online play but have run into some daunting obstacles in the PVP. I am still in the proelium frontier at level 15 and am still getting my *** handed to me. i thought i had found all the nessecery armour and weapons to compete but am stuck. can anyone suggest some stratagy for me? Or is this game just very difficult to succeed at unless you pay for some buffs?I'm also having trouble figuring out attack and moving techniques if someone could save me time and difficulty searching through the info on here It would be appriciated. "HELP" doesn't seem to be doing me any good.

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedNov 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: cOMPLETE noob.

wpgjets1972 wrote:
I was looking for a realitivly simple RPG to begin online play but have run into some daunting obstacles in the PVP. I am still in the proelium frontier at level 15 and am still getting my *** handed to me. i thought i had found all the nessecery armour and weapons to compete but am stuck. can anyone suggest some stratagy for me? Or is this game just very difficult to succeed at unless you pay for some buffs?I'm also having trouble figuring out attack and moving techniques if someone could save me time and difficulty searching through the info on here It would be appriciated. "HELP" doesn't seem to be doing me any good.  

Well, For Proelium, all i can say is i decided to leave and lvl up a bit, but reached lvl 20, and couldn't get back in. there's actually alot of other spots for pvping later on, in the next land there's canta. And in all actuallity, to play a mmorpg like this you aren't required to pvp, I'm sure there are some that have never pvpd, and in fact, you don't even have to complete every quest you recieve either. From my time when I played WoW, most low lvld characters were'nt even allowed in raids or pvp battles, but this game puts a unique twist to it, making it to where the Alliance has no contact with the Dark except in these areas. Which is actually rather helpful early on. I distinctly remember one time running with my friend who was significantly higher than me, and a nother who was significantly higher than her in WoW when the horde came and ganked them, bieng a priest, i decided to heal them, thinking since i wasn't flagged id be good, v_v; didn't know healing someone who was flagged while they're engaged flags me too. However, in here, later on in the game, you will have more opprotunities to pvp.

Also, as to effective attacking. basically, it comes down to an effective hotkey setup. like the only spells i have linked to the number keys above the qwerty, are buffs, whereas I keep my combative spells linked to the 10 key pad, and have them grouped in such a way i don't have to look to know what kind of spell/attack ill do. Doing that, keeps my movement controlled mainly by my left hand, and attacks controlled by my right. I have also appointed HP item, and MP item to the z/x hotkeys (note: hp items have a longer cool down than mp/sp items, whereas mp/sp items, cool down at the same time, regardless if you used an mp item or sp item.

Also, it helps alot if you play around with different styles of attacking, try agains hordes of mobs. what i sometimes do is ill hit long distance with a magic arrow or elemental projectil like then start casting some AoE spell set to go off right as the monster(s) hit me, then while the enemy is there, keep blasting with spells that take no casting time alternating with defensive that radiate out from me. and that's for both my mage and priest. don't play any other types of charas. But that's just one attack plan among several.

icycube99

Rank 0
PostedNov 15, 2012 11:50 am
Light Side - Phoenix Server
UM Ranger & HM Priest (just started playing about 2 weeks ago)
Decided to try the game again after I took a break from it 2 years ago.

Still disappointed at Enchanting, and how much it ruins 1-15 and 20-30 pvp.
It's kinda the main reason I (and some of my friends) stopped playing Shaiya...

Edit:
Will there ever be regular "clean" gear events for 1-15 pvp?
Ex: Every Saturday from 5pm - 6 pm.

Having them happen every 3 weeks is a bit of a disappointment...

denstus

Rank 0
denstus
PostedDec 23, 2012 11:47 pm
Hello everyone, not sure what server or class still updating but i cant wait to see you online!

merry Christmas!!!

rikku287

Rank 0
rikku287
PostedDec 26, 2012 2:03 am

lvl 16 here

need stronger monsters
i need to find where the stronger monsters are so i can lvl up quicker plz send mail

WoOt! ShAy WaZ HeRr ^.^

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedDec 26, 2012 2:37 am

Re: lvl 16 here

need stronger monsters
rikku287 wrote:
i need to find where the stronger monsters are so i can lvl up quicker plz send mail  
A good monster levelling guide is found here

RIP Kizzd

papagmr

Rank 0
PostedJan 08, 2013 7:40 pm

hey there just started playing today any tips or where i can find a tutorial that i can read?

Jedicitus

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2013 7:21 am

Brand New!

Hi,

I am brand new to this game - I've been wandering around for about 20 minutes, didn't find anything to pick up, found it hard to figure out how, or where, I can gain new skills, find missions, etc.

So I am taking to the forum to see if anybody can guide me through the "basics" so I can start to do more than just walking around "talking" to guards...

Please help!

./Jedicitus