PartyArt44139

Rank 3
PartyArt44139
PostedOct 25, 2012 1:33 pm
Mmmm.... ive gotten gold sellers request to buy gold from them many times, they were through mail though. But, if i get more ill let you know right away X3
Advertisement

Blitzace9

Rank 0
Blitzace9
PostedNov 04, 2012 12:34 pm
Server:Diamond
Channel: 1

Usually I notice a pattern among this gold seller, their IGN is usually a code of name that randomize from Letters MJL, AB, and ends with Random number indicating the amount of Characters that has been put on. Just an Idea maybe the character creation or account creation is being bot or program into created automatically. They usually target to sell in the most crowded/ market place of the game in this case would be channel 1 diamond. please do a round check and i'm grateful for the GM that has made the game a place of fun and creative.

kingjeriel

Rank 0
kingjeriel
PostedNov 14, 2012 12:23 pm
can you implement this ?

Disable shout @ zone or say for Characters Lv 1-20 or 1-30 in Aven Ch1 to prevent spamming.

<a>Image and video hosting by TinyPic</a>

Hope4Nick

Rank 0
Hope4Nick
PostedNov 24, 2012 9:33 am
I'll be on the look out for these gold spammers.

I've seen way to many in 'Aven' and didn't know what to do. I thought admins just came along and got rid of them. But yeah, i'll help out next time I go to Aven.

Thanks!

xixxis

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 4:24 am
If the GMs are to lazy to go to ch1 in aven and ban them themselves they dont deserve me as a player.
Just go to the market area in aven channel1 and you will find alot of them, reporting them makes it next to impossible scince new spammers popup all the time.
This make truly know why perfectworld wasnt such a bad game afterall, atleast they knew how to IPban spammers...

Merushii

Rank 3
Merushii
PostedDec 05, 2012 7:55 am
xixxis wrote:
If the GMs are to lazy to go to ch1 in aven and ban them themselves they dont deserve me as a player.
Just go to the market area in aven channel1 and you will find alot of them, reporting them makes it next to impossible scince new spammers popup all the time.
This make truly know why perfectworld wasnt such a bad game afterall, atleast they knew how to IPban spammers...  

Oooookay. Hello Xixxis!

Firstly, the GMs are busy keeping this lovely game going, and don't have time to just sit in Aven and poke gold spammers all day. If you are aware of the sheer number of spammers, it's not easy to deal with. On numerous occasions, for the spammers that are using a special create/post/delete/recreate script, I have worked with a GM(s) on trying to report names and grab an IP before they delete the character. Not as easy as it sounds. They are by no means "lazy" in this regard.

Secondly, some of the gold spammers are not using a special script/program that delete and recreate characters after a few posts. There are spammers that hang around for a while, and reporting them is a good idea! I do so, and I know of players that do so as well to help out their community. It's up to you whether or not you want to.

Lastly, you could just use the block function if they really bother you that badly and you don't want to report them, when you visit Aven channel 1 for a length of time. ^_^

Have a good day!

kecapmanis

Rank 0
kecapmanis
PostedDec 05, 2012 8:14 am
xixxis wrote:

my suggestion, don't use general chat (White Chat) you can edit it from your chat box

Merushii wrote:

Oooookay. Hello Xixxis!
I have worked with a GM(s) on trying to report names and grab an IP before they delete the character. Not as easy as it sounds. They are by no means "lazy" in this regard.
Lastly, you could just use the block function if they really bother you that badly and you don't want to report them, when you visit Aven channel 1 for a length of time. ^_^
Have a good day!

Thx for the hardwork GM(s) n GS(s)

xixxis

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:09 am
Merushii wrote:

Oooookay. Hello Xixxis!
I have worked with a GM(s) on trying to report names and grab an IP before they delete the character. Not as easy as it sounds. They are by no means "lazy" in this regard.
Have a good day!

Thx for the hardwork GM(s) n GS(s)[/quote]

Pfft whats point of blocking if they delete the charachters, my blocklist would be filled within a few days at the rate they are making new characters.
2nd; its not my duty to the GMs job, so I wont report them. idc about them to be honest, and it is not hard to IP ban someone.

New contest: catch a GM banning goldspammers in aven ch1 with a screenshot, I'll give you 1000g.(It will never happen anyway)

Short_Amigo

Rank 4
Short_Amigo
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:44 am
xixxis wrote:

Pfft whats point of blocking if they delete the charachters, my blocklist would be filled within a few days at the rate they are making new characters.
2nd; its not my duty to the GMs job, so I wont report them. idc about them to be honest, and it is not hard to IP ban someone.

New contest: catch a GM banning goldspammers in aven ch1 with a screenshot, I'll give you 1000g.(It will never happen anyway)  

Yea, not hard to IP ban someone, however it's very easy to avoid IP bans these days. It's not an effective way of getting rid of spammers to be quite honest. Just 10 years ago, I knew someone who was avoiding IP bans very easily within a day (not on Aeria but another game). And that was 10 years ago, technology advances, and there will be always ways created to get through such protection. To think that an IP ban will do is only being naive.

I help out letting them know of gold spammers also, and report right away. The GM's don't have the man power to have someone sitting there in both servers and just deleting bots. They have other things to take care of, mainly tickets. Personally I think Aeria hosts too many games and don't have enough GM's per game to take care of it but that's another topic and I don't wish to derail the thread.

Yes it may not be your job per say to report bots, but every little bit helps to help make things more bearable then they are currently. Same kind of idea with the world and recycling. It's not your job to pick up other people's litter and mess that they toss on the side of the road, but if you want things to look nice everyone has to contribute a little bit in their own way to make it work.

Offering my 2 cents to the table.

kecapmanis

Rank 0
kecapmanis
PostedDec 05, 2012 11:08 am
Short_Amigo wrote:
everyone has to contribute a little bit in their own way to make it work.
Offering my 2 cents to the table.  

that's how community works, helping each other. How about? make Lv restriction so only Lv30 character can go to Aven, at least this makes gold spammer moving slower. Btw, you can keep the 2 cent but can I have the rest? 2kg maybe :p