katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedNov 12, 2012 5:37 pm
joer130 wrote:
RockmanZXZ wrote:
In this video the skill is shown in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL_q93Iq-pA

I wonder if that person just did not invest into this skill cause the damage is really...REALLY low. I also wonder how many times it can stack, you can clearly see it does stack...propably only 3 times though. But I imagine if it gets as "strong" as Dark Parasite and you combine both skills then it can be quite deadly.

But tbh, this is exactly what WL needs as a lil countermeasure against mobs x(  

I evenly distributed my class points towards many skills. I maxed Death Threats and Wild Shout (Very important in PvP, GvG, and TW).

Shadow Arrow is a really great skill. You have 30% chance to leech the damage dealt.

Nightmare Attack would be the deadliest warlock skill. When cast dark parasite, it causes triple hit effect.

PS: What do you mean low? I deal 15~17k damage with awaken staff.

PSS:

Nevermind, my plague carrier is lvl 37 Razz It doesn't seem useful in my point of view because I don't want monsters/players hitting me anyway.  

Is it triple or double? I always only saw two hits, but maybe I'm missing it......

Anyway, I'm trolling and building a P-DPS Warlock. I have 4/5 pieces of Cloth Armor for Atk Speed, Crit Rate, and Crit Dmg, and I'm planning to use my katana on it. Got certs set up for Atk Speed and P-DPS stats.

The downside is this Warlock probably will not be hitting as hard and I have to get in close. The upside is that I'll have a P-DPS that has a 40% Speed buff that heals a bit, a debuff clearing skill. Ranged DoT (one of which slows so Melee dps can't run from me) and a teleport skilll. And if I'm really pressed in a corner, I can do some minor damage with M-DPS at range. Who knows? I might even Stun with Fire Bomb. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the AoE Fear skill. All of this on autoattacking P-DPS.

Advertisement

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedNov 12, 2012 6:17 pm
ye plague carrier is weaker than dark parasite but at the same time if ur in a dgn and cast it on a tank or urself everything that hits the tank will get the DoT saving u the need to cast dark parasite to initiate the dmg boost of nightmare attack saving u at least a few secs
maybe its just my preference tho

criss8427

Rank 3
criss8427
PostedNov 12, 2012 8:13 pm
RockmanZXZ wrote:
In this video the skill is shown in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL_q93Iq-pA

I wonder if that person just did not invest into this skill cause the damage is really...REALLY low. I also wonder how many times it can stack, you can clearly see it does stack...propably only 3 times though. But I imagine if it gets as "strong" as Dark Parasite and you combine both skills then it can be quite deadly.

But tbh, this is exactly what WL needs as a lil countermeasure against mobs x(

Edit:

Wow....I just found this -> http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1337335

The skills does 67 damage per stack when skilled to level 50? Seriously? That must be som kind of sick joke <_<
My Dark Parasite skill is 48 now and does bout 660dmg with 3 stacks.
I seriously hope that Plague Carrier can stack more then 3 times...but somehow I highly doubt it.

Wow..this is a huge disappointment.
Please somebody tell me that at least the final(!) skill you can unlock is somewhat worth it Sad  

Warlock isn't bad at all in my opinion. It is one of the highest single-target M-DPS classes. For warlock, just build up your M-CRIT Rate, M-DMG, and M-ATK as you level up. People will probably look at your warlock the same way when you level up. They are not used much in trials aside for BPing a boss with a dark weakness or if you want to do heavy damage single targeting the boss. Reality is that parties want AOE classes if a M-Dps to finish a trial quick. Thought if warlock got an Aoe skill, a lot of people could start using it again. As for parasite carrier, as rinsha stated casting it on the tank can DoT all the mobs that attack your tank as he or she collects the mobs, but it isn't really used much.

However the last and final skill for warlock is quite useful. "Wild Shout" stacks up the M-atk of your party +944, up to 5 stacks at level 70. Its a nice little buff to help take down a boss further. If you like to play warlock, don't give up on it. Any class can be made OP if you build it right. Just be aware its functionality is low when more people just want AOE classes to clear trash mobs quick.

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedNov 13, 2012 12:34 am
Okay...thx for the insight.

I got some questions on class expertise.

For now I used my points liek this

Dark Magic - 10
Cursed Aura - 5
Life and Death -5

Blood Feast - 10
Blood Contract - 1
Evil Embodiment - 1

Catastrophe - 5
Poisonous Parasites - 1

Total -> 48

Anything I shouldnt have statted?
I wanted to max the damage with Dark Parasite....but I am not sure its worth it.

I also would like to know if you deal more damage with NIGHTMARE the more stacks of Dark Parasite the enemy has.

Thx in advane Smile

joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedNov 13, 2012 7:32 am
RockmanZXZ wrote:
Okay...thx for the insight.

I got some questions on class expertise.

For now I used my points liek this

Dark Magic - 10
Cursed Aura - 5
Life and Death -5

Blood Feast - 10
Blood Contract - 1
Evil Embodiment - 1

Catastrophe - 5
Poisonous Parasites - 1

Total -> 48

Anything I shouldnt have statted?
I wanted to max the damage with Dark Parasite....but I am not sure its worth it.

I also would like to know if you deal more damage with NIGHTMARE the more stacks of Dark Parasite the enemy has.

Thx in advane Smile  

Nope, the damage will still be the same.

hummingkayls

Rank 2
hummingkayls
PostedNov 13, 2012 10:23 am
Plague Carrier is the same as Dark Parasite. Found this out when I accidentally cast it and I kept getting a wall of "A stronger status of Dark Parasite is in effect" because it was a lower lvl as my capped dark parasite. I'm currently working on getting it up there to cap as well.
I am so lazy Cool .

zylro

Rank 0
PostedNov 13, 2012 10:29 am   Last edited by zylro on Nov 13, 2012 10:31 am. Edited 1 time in total
i believe for all lvls of plague carrier parasite will override it, since it does take cast time and i have horrible cast speed, i tend to use carrier to get 1-2 stacks, then if you use parasite it gives you 3 stacks of the parasite. so it's a quicker way to get stacks. last i checked carrier at lv 60 gives a negligible dot amount compared to 1 stack of dark parasite. but in most parties by the the time the mobs get parasite they'd be dead

also nightmare is a double hit, but the multiplier for the 2nd hit is .75 therefore its 1.75 dmg with parasite on, compared to illu's icicle is a triple hit, but the multiplier for that is .5 and .25 which is also .25

in general most double hits are .5, with some exceptions

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedNov 13, 2012 10:30 am
So, its the same as Dark Parasite but weaker? <_<
How does this even make sense?
I thought / hoped it would be a additional DoT effect.... so confused right now :S

zylro

Rank 0
PostedNov 13, 2012 10:33 am
it's good for a 1v1 pvp match because the 1 second you spend trying ot cast dark parasite could mean life or death, so if you put carrieer on yourself to begin with, by the time they atk you and get the debuff you can cast nightmare without having to put the parasite on yourself

ohai