So, I've seen a few topics regarding this already but no actual responses to them. I'm suffering from a similar issue as well.
Once the patcher finishes loading the game and you can hit the Start button, nothing happens. If you open up the Task Manager, grandfantasia.exe is definitely 'running.'
I've done several things to try and fix this error:
- Set the compatibility settings to Windows XP SP2
- Ran it as an Administrator
- Ran actual application itself and bypassing the Patcher
- Loaded it through Aeria Ignite
- Reinstalled the game and repatched
- Reinstalled the game and manually patched
As it stands, it appears as if there's no real solution (though I'm not wholly tech savvy so I'm likely missing out on something). I would love it if one of the tech guys handling GF could investigate this for everybody else having this issue.
I'm totally running Windows 7 and my desktop (which was a Vista) sort of exploded so I'm stuck on this Laptop (which is having this issue). I'm not sure what the problem is exactly~