GoddessOfStuff

Rank 3
GoddessOfStuff
PostedOct 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Client Startup Error

So, I've seen a few topics regarding this already but no actual responses to them. I'm suffering from a similar issue as well.

Once the patcher finishes loading the game and you can hit the Start button, nothing happens. If you open up the Task Manager, grandfantasia.exe is definitely 'running.'

I've done several things to try and fix this error:
  • Set the compatibility settings to Windows XP SP2
  • Ran it as an Administrator
  • Ran actual application itself and bypassing the Patcher
  • Loaded it through Aeria Ignite
  • Reinstalled the game and repatched
  • Reinstalled the game and manually patched

As it stands, it appears as if there's no real solution (though I'm not wholly tech savvy so I'm likely missing out on something). I would love it if one of the tech guys handling GF could investigate this for everybody else having this issue.

I'm totally running Windows 7 and my desktop (which was a Vista) sort of exploded so I'm stuck on this Laptop (which is having this issue). I'm not sure what the problem is exactly~

Indicative [Rain]
Advertisement

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedNov 05, 2012 9:04 am
If you're running windows 7, the first thing I'd suggest doing is disabling User Account Control. UAC does nothing but cause problems for online games.

<center></center>

GoddessOfStuff

Rank 3
GoddessOfStuff
PostedNov 05, 2012 5:57 pm
Ah, I forgot to bullet that too. I disabled it and checked again after your reply to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and it was off haha

Indicative [Rain]

GoddessOfStuff

Rank 3
GoddessOfStuff
PostedNov 13, 2012 9:00 am
Bump~

Is there no solution about this? Additionally, since I did spend AP should I just send an RT and ask for a refund? I literally still can't play and there's been no solution as of yet.

Indicative [Rain]