Mammas.Man

Rank 0
Mammas.Man
PostedNov 08, 2012 2:16 pm
Just wondering, with regards to the wiping of PLH .. this is about the 6th time I have heard you say you will be wiping them, it seems to be a monthly occurance and every time the date come where you say they will be wiped, lo and behold, they don't get wiped.

Are they really going to be wiped this time or is this just another false alarm. If you are going to be wiping them, then please show you are serious by removing the PLH Mystery Boxes from the Item Mall.

As for the listed Placeholders, they were a joke anyway and yeah get rid of them.

Advertisement

Gods.Child

Rank 3
Gods.Child
PostedNov 08, 2012 2:20 pm
Mammas.Man wrote:
Just wondering, with regards to the wiping of PLH .. this is about the 6th time I have heard you say you will be wiping them, it seems to be a monthly occurance and every time the date come where you say they will be wiped, lo and behold, they don't get wiped.

Are they really going to be wiped this time or is this just another false alarm. If you are going to be wiping them, then please show you are serious by removing the PLH Mystery Boxes from the Item Mall.

As for the listed Placeholders, they were a joke anyway and yeah get rid of them.  

LOL.....
you tested it? WTF.... who would keep a PLH just to see if they get wiped?
Although I believe it could be true. After all, just the threat of them being wiped would keep them from being horded.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedNov 13, 2012 8:06 am
Gods.Child wrote:
Mammas.Man wrote:

LOL.....
you tested it? WTF.... who would keep a PLH just to see if they get wiped?
Although I believe it could be true. After all, just the threat of them being wiped would keep them from being horded.  

I don't think he tested it. He's just misunderstanding the whole concept behind a PLH wipe.

In a nut-shell:

PLH's can be attained by varius means, 99.999999% of which have to do with spending AP. To prevent people from "hording" PLHs, the GMs do a monthly wipe. This does not mean they will be completely removed from the game. This means that the PLHs that are currently in people's inventories, warehouses, or banks will be wiped as if they were not there. This would give room for more PLHs to be purchased at the same time keeping the price for PLHs high (GMs brilliant idea of retaining value Rolling Eyes). That's why you see the same announcement monthly. It is not because they were bluffing and did not go through with their intentions. It is because it is time to wipe the slate clean to make room for yet another series of PLH purchases.

Love what you do and do what you love.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedNov 13, 2012 8:19 am

Re: PLH Wipe!

During Maintenance on 11/14 @ 5PM
pompomfafouin wrote:

Good Idea to wipe those place holder, It might help us to forget it was a scam at the first place. Selling that as helping retain the value of our gear throug next episode....what a joke!

Not to mention that you were taking 3 weeks to redeem the ticket and that by that time, people were already 80 and not looking for 70-74 gear.

Good call, delete them please! Wink  

LMAO, you bought into this hox and we're the ones that gained from this whole "retain value" scam. You fools actually believed that we had sincere intentions by introducing this Trinity Transfer Token shibang. LOL you guys are so gullable. Laughing

P.S. Please don't change.

Signed: -AEGE's Product Managers-

Love what you do and do what you love.