Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedOct 29, 2012 8:22 am

Rotten Final Boss (Unlimited Mode)

It seems like it needs a little... weakening.
Okay, Rotten is a 3-man DGN, the rest of that should be easy until Abby.

Well I think it needs a little nerfing on her buff, which regens her health and grants magic immunity. If that wasn't enough, it can stack. Up to 10! So why make this boss like this? I wouldn't complain if Rotten was a 5-man DGN, but it's not, it's a 3-man only dungeon. So I'm thinking if a reduction to regen amount and maximum stack of the buff down to 5? The only way to actually finish a single Daily or Guild Quest in unli is to get a run from a highbie (or either someone really OP in lvl 35-39, but not everyone can be OP right?)

Some of you might say "It needs a strategy to beat, don't make it too easy" but it can take forever to kill the final boss in there at the DGN's level range.

Advertisement

Millumi

Rank 3
Millumi
PostedOct 29, 2012 1:22 pm
I think it's fine for lower leveled players to get a taste of some challenge before reaching the higher levels.

Here are some strategies:
1. Try 2 dps 1 healer. I think this is one of the most basic strats people did way back in closed beta. I'm pretty sure it was even tougher back then.

2. Try having a hunter dps, they get dazing pierce at 30, which lowers the boss's cast speed, which increases your chance to interrupt and stop it from stacking, also the general dot they have drains mp, so if you can't stop it from healing, it will run out of mp eventually.

3. Having a warrior or something do a timed stun, scroll over the boss's buff and when it has 4 seconds remaining stun it so it doesn't have enough time to stack it again.

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedOct 29, 2012 6:12 pm
Millumi wrote:
2. Try having a hunter dps, they get dazing pierce at 30, which lowers the boss's cast speed, which increases your chance to interrupt and stop it from stacking, also the general dot they have drains mp, so if you can't stop it from healing, it will run out of mp eventually.

3. Having a warrior or something do a timed stun, scroll over the boss's buff and when it has 4 seconds remaining stun it so it doesn't have enough time to stack it again.  

lol, now I remember how I beat her once, I drained her MP. e.e

And yeah, I was preventing her from stacking the Buff up to 3, cause when it reaches 5, she'll be impossible to kill.

crimson000

Rank 0
crimson000
PostedOct 30, 2012 3:35 am
I remember killing this boss with:

Stacking up tons of DoTs on her.

Another way i can think of is bringing an Illusionist, if you see her heal buff stack up at a certain number and you think you need to stop that, cast a sleep on her and let her sleep till her heal buff wears off.

IGN: Sephyria

Zetsumei418

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PostedOct 30, 2012 4:51 am
Having an Illu with a Warrior is awesome. Warrior can stun and Illu can sleep so the boss really has 15 seconds invulnerability to disables cause it to not stack much heals at all. A problem with this strategy is that it will take a while.

Only thing you have to worry about is that it will absorb Illus spells with the heal up, Warrior timing is a bit hard since it's a 2 second stun and it's an instant cast stack and also not waking up the boss when the illu sleeps it. Just be super careful and have a decent team.

amacle12

Rank 1
PostedNov 01, 2012 7:23 pm
This boss can easily be tanked by a melee DPS, allowing 2 melee dps and a healer. Trust me, with 2 MAs thi boss is a breeze. Also, vy the time a MA hits lvl36 or so, he can tank and dps needing only a healer, even using blue gears fortified until SS are needed. Put simply...tank on melee DPS and use a 2nd melee or ranged dps to bypass her m-att immunity and she will crumble.

The idea of using an illi is novel, but the illu will not be able to dmg her once she gets immunity, so a pdps is a better choice. even if she stacks one or two heals, the pdps will easily outdamage the heals.

Key to MA success - wait until bosses heal buff flashes and hits 3 secs - stun her. She will miss the buff and buff will expire, ths resetting stacks.

Stack resetting is a great skill to learn. In vileshark and trial version, axe moss has a stackable stat and attack decrease debuff(10% a stack) a good tank will be able to clear this by kiting, or by using stuns/ sleeps if the party has them. This applies to several other bosses as well.

Hashimate

Rank 0
PostedNov 12, 2012 2:48 am
You only get MA at level 40, of course it will be easy. But no doubt you can tank it with a melee dps. Cuz the last boss don't have any strong attack skills.