lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedOct 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Safety Guidelines

Protect yourself from becoming a victim.

Find yourself in a sticky situation? Not sure who to contact? How to report and what evidence to include? Here's a guide to cover all those questions!

Notable links
How to take/post a screenshot
How to send in a Request Ticket

1. Scamming, Account Sharing and Gold Selling/Buying

Never give out your Aeria password to anyone, sharing accounts is a notorious method scammers use to scam you.
    Before you go about trading and merchanting, take a look at the Scamming/Account Sharing/Gold Buying & Selling topic on how to take precautions and protect yourself from becoming a victim.

If you are scammed, it is recommended that you report it via Contact Us.

What evidence to include? Everything! But more specifically: When lending items be sure to take screenshots of the conditions of the lending (usually in Tell boxes) where the player agrees to give the item back after they ~try it out. Also, shots of the trade occurring, and completed. If a scammer admits to scamming you, we have a better chance of being able to intervene. Screenshotting a confession will add to your case.

2. Harassment
    If someone messages you in a manner that makes you uncomfortable, tell the player you are uncomfortable with what they are saying and ask them not to pm you again. If they continue, take screenshots and report it. Do NOT harass them or insult them back. For more information, refer to the harassment guide here on the Aeria website.

3. Spammers
    They're in your channels, cluttering your chat and you just can't seem to be rid of them. If you find yourself in a situation with a spammer, get screenshots of them spamming and contact a Game Sage or report them via Contact Us. That includes gold spammers.

4. Other
    When to contact a Game Sage
    Game Sages are here to help you. They are the middlemen (and women) between the player and the GM staff. If a player is spamming up a storm, you can contact as GS and they'll do their best to get it taken care by contacting a GM to handle the situation. If you're not sure whether or not you should contact a GS in a situation, then contact a GS anyway. They'll be happy to help you, and you can never be too careful.

Important:
If you are being harassed, spammed, insulted, flamed, or cussed at, do not return the favor! If you react in the same manner of which you are being treated, it is likely you will both be punished. Simply take screenshots, do not react or respond, and report the matter so that a GM can handle the matter.

**Original post by Chirugai, revamped by GM Greywulf, revamped yet again by me.**
Advertisement

crimson_kamui

Rank 0
crimson_kamui
PostedNov 11, 2012 8:18 am
Can I ask one question? What level of harassment are we talking about here?

In one game I had some user spamming me with questions that I give him mail so that we can ''hook up'', while adding some really vulgar sentences. I was playing with female character and I told him that I'm a guy but he wouldn't listen. Mind you he only sent few mails and whispers on one day and I never heard from him again. Troll or not, I reported that but the GM only said that if that continues they will take action.

So yeah, I'm asking how far this goes before we can report it, because, like it or not, I'm sure this game may produce some... unique players. ^^'

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedNov 11, 2012 10:58 am
crimson_kamui wrote:
Can I ask one question? What level of harassment are we talking about here?

In one game I had some user spamming me with questions that I give him mail so that we can ''hook up'', while adding some really vulgar sentences. I was playing with female character and I told him that I'm a guy but he wouldn't listen. Mind you he only sent few mails and whispers on one day and I never heard from him again. Troll or not, I reported that but the GM only said that if that continues they will take action.

So yeah, I'm asking how far this goes before we can report it, because, like it or not, I'm sure this game may produce some... unique players. ^^'  

If you feel offended, unsafe or threatened because of the actions taken by a player, you can report them regardless of hat they have done. The action taken may vary based on GM discretion, however.

<center></center>

ChibiViolet

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
ChibiViolet
PostedNov 11, 2012 11:15 am
* Please someone correct me if I am wrong:

You did the right thing in that situation, crimson. In the issue you are describing it would be considered harassment. My assumption would be that the player was spoken to hence why he stopped. We should all be given fair chances to prove that we will not commit the same behavior again. That is merely an assumption though. Considering the GMs read every single RT for their specific game and respond accordingly. If you need a little help deciding on what would be considered harassment and what wouldn't be I have provided a link to the Fair Play rules here and the Terms of Service here.

However, some forms are a little different from game to game. I would think it still applies that if you are uncomfortable with how someone is speaking to you, ask them to stop. Such as: "Hey cutie, wanna hook up?" If the player starts off vulgar you may or may not ask them to stop and report it. Another case would be if you ask them to stop but they continue and progressively get more vulgar.

I hope that this has helped.

crimson_kamui

Rank 0
crimson_kamui
PostedNov 11, 2012 4:29 pm
Ok, thanks for the answers, that pretty much settles it. ^^

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedDec 21, 2012 5:30 am
One thing I've always wondered about harassment is if it's limited to verbal or if it can pertain to in game actions as well.. for example, if you're playing in a situation that is supposed to be a large field of pvp players all against each other but one individual singles you out to seemingly ruin the experience for you, or generally tracks you down in a situation like that to a point where it can make you uncomfortable, and you can definitely say it goes beyond the point where it might be a coincidence. Would you guys say this is just part of the game or does this cross the line of harassment? Thanks Smile

LunarAbyss

Rank 0
LunarAbyss
PostedDec 21, 2012 9:24 pm
ok GodofAcid has good question. what happens when u are in PVP battleground and u are targeted by a player over and over again i have been in this kind of situation to the point were i would be targeted over and over and have seen other players pass an enemy by and not get atacked but the second i get close or try passing by i get attacked by the same player even after respawning from death.i have left battle grounds for the rest of the duration in Wartune do to this a few times. so i would really like to hear or see a reply giving insight on if this counts as harasment or not or just part of game so i know what action to take. Thanks

darkly1

Rank 1
darkly1
PostedDec 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Ask the shayia forums, that game majors in pvp from server vs server or region vs region often.

They can give you a more difinitive answer if you ask a game that pretty much mains in the pvp department. heck- in some area's you earn ap as well-- I can't say for sure, but i'm pretty sure if it's "excessive", then it's questionable. Still go ask on the shayia forums.

Ievikokonoe

Ievikokonoe
PostedDec 22, 2012 1:04 am
Will there be a in-game option to block spammers with out typing there name in as these spammers think they are smart by putting a capital i and lowercase L in there name Sad

lestat_anil

lestat_anil
PostedDec 22, 2012 3:03 am
Mmm, all of the games I have played so far you can right-click on the name in chat and block them that way.

Since my QueensBlade (SB's native version) client is not fully patched presently, I cannot test this out and give you a true response to that just yet. I'll edit this post once I can.