lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedNov 09, 2012 4:00 pm

The modding question

Please keep censorship discussion out of here
This topic is repeatedly ignored when i bring it up in censorship threads, so perhaps I should make its own thread so we can properly discuss it.

It is common practice to restore localized files to their originals because localization went too far according to your opinion. Be it voices, short characters, sound tracks, blood color. We know it will be done, because that is what people want.

My question is as always if Aeria games would openly support this, or not. The reason to support it, would be PR with your customers. Being told to enjoy the game the way you want it signals caring and understanding. If there is a reason not to support it, I'm not aware of it and it would be interesting to be informed. (Like if your ESRB ratings or something prevent you from even letting the word "unofficial content" leave your mouths)

The follow up question is if Aeria games are going to allow any form of further modding, like WoW did. I have a hunch that the modding part helped the game grow bigger than what it would have grown without it, even if big was always the direction it was heading. I suspect the game won't have actual modding support out of the box though, so it would be more like third party mods.

And please leave censorship discussions out of here. They locked the thread so lets try and give them a few seconds rest before a new guy finds the game and makes a thread about it.
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 09, 2012 4:04 pm
Moding the client files is against the Terms of Service, so no, I do not see it being supported.

ToS wrote:
AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY "ADD-ON" OR "MOD"  

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedNov 09, 2012 4:10 pm
The developer will provide us with a client. We will provide our customers with that client. We do not have the authority to authorize modification of that client. Unauthorized client modification may result in loss of service to the associated accounts.

Clear enough?