billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedSep 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Re: Help you get items and game gold easily

items and game
huile998 wrote:
Due to your trouble,please come to [link removed] the most professional platform of buying the CHEAPEST game gold.A huge stock of the cheapest game gold including Aion Kinah, knight Noah, Elsword gold, Perfect World gold and etc. which is not gained by cheat or hack, being absolutely safe of your account.  

While I currently hold little love for Aeria, I hold even less love for criminals like you who do nothing but contribute further to the ruining of our games. Not to say that you also use the information you get in order to provide your gold to later take over the accounts of those naïve enough to make use of your services.

I hope your behinds get caught in a grinder very soon. With an arrest order attached.

(edit - the above quote is from a post today in this thread that was removed for reasons so obvious even I agreed)

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.
Advertisement

cookio

Rank 2
cookio
PostedSep 03, 2012 9:17 am

Why Aria Games likes players sell AP-cards in game?

Superman0X wrote:

Normal players do things like sell Fun Cards for gold/items... and we like them.  

Hey Superman i just dont understand why you can say AP-card selling is a good part of the game.

-im woried when my teenagers play Aria Games, that almost force them to do unsafe transactions - and it seems thats what Aria-games like?

I dont like that normal players have to sell/bye Fun Cards, there are no safe way to do that.
The price of Events like Tiered (in Shaiya) are based on players doing Card-business.
You have to be very rich real-life to pay for that, so offcouse the price is based on how much AP a card-byer can make. And we do get a lot off commersials for it - its like get in cardbussiness.
I know you cant just suddently say no more selling AP-cards (LOL what a drama that would make)

But I hope for new okonomy in next episode, that you could at the same time make a rule AP-cards have to be spend by the user. Its just like bye a piece of software, you cant sell the code.

Keep the game-bussiness in the game + and website functions only.
If sell bye AP-Cards is a part off the way you want us to play the game, make a safe way we can do it.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedSep 13, 2012 2:42 am

Re: Why Aria Games likes players sell AP-cards in game?

/ninjaed by Emaa, whose post I believe set a new word filter record over a span of 10 words. Eloquence is so underrated these days.

cookio wrote:
If sell bye AP-Cards is a part off the way you want us to play the game, make a safe way we can do it.  

Good point.

On one hand, players are encouraged by Aeria to employ common sense as well as trying to conduct safe business in their games. On the other, AP card trading among players, which is a manifestly unsafe kind of business, is also encouraged by Aeria. Spot the logic fallacy.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

Shalghar

Rank 1
Shalghar
PostedSep 15, 2012 6:18 am

Re: Why Aria Games likes players sell AP-cards in game?

billdoor wrote:
/ninjaed by Emaa, whose post I believe set a new word filter record over a span of 10 words. Eloquence is so underrated these days.

cookio wrote:

Good point.

On one hand, players are encouraged by Aeria to employ common sense as well as trying to conduct safe business in their games. On the other, AP card trading among players, which is a manifestly unsafe kind of business, is also encouraged by Aeria. Spot the logic fallacy.  

The question here: how do you make the exchange of a possibly non functioning code "safe" for buyer and seller ?
One of the problems as i see it is the possibility for gold farming bot users to get direct access to AP so creating any "safe" solution must also take this problem into account.

BTT:
Usually gold selling is prohibited in most of these games, some exceptions may exist elsewhere but always run over some kind of system where the publisher takes part of the profits and also control.
Whoever buys gold in games may be supporting any kind of criminals or those who "employ" poor people in asia sitting the whole day in front of the screen, grinding themselves silly for a handful of rice.
This plus the possibility to get the account stolen, banned or emptied should be enough reason not to buy gold at all.

smileybee

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
smileybee
PostedOct 08, 2012 1:26 pm
This question probably got ask before....
can you give someone your AP Fun Card for commission project(s)?

<marquee></marquee>
<center></center>

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedOct 08, 2012 1:37 pm
smileybee wrote:
This question probably got ask before....
can you give someone your AP Fun Card for commission project(s)?  

Yes but GMs/GSs can not assist or support this trade so if you/whoever gets a bad AP card code you're/they're poo outta luck.

misfisto

Rank 2
PostedNov 07, 2012 5:14 am
ps why dont gms on lc crack down on all gold buyers there spammers are 27/7 so lots must be buying gold its sad gold buyers get anead of all other players Sad

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedNov 07, 2012 9:34 am
misfisto wrote:
ps why dont gms on lc crack down on all gold buyers there spammers are 27/7 so lots must be buying gold its sad gold buyers get ahead of all other players Sad  

Gold buyers who purchase gold from the spammers, risk a few things.
1. Getting caught = permanent account suspension.
2. The gold seller may be able to hack your account or leave a key logger or other forms of account hacking malicious software, which then they would remove all your items and gold, then sell it for more gold, and possibly delete all your toons or sell the account illegally if they can gain something. Personally I haven't known many people to buy gold in-game because it's wrong and risky, so I cannot verify the true risk on this issue.
3. Entering any credit details on a suspicious site can be risky.

If it is in-game gold that you need then the easiest way is this:

• Players who buy AP would get more gold for their money than they would buying from gold sellers.
    3 Bill gold = One Small extraction hammer, priced at 349ap (little over £2 -$4).
  • Gold isn't even the main currency anymore unless you just need basic stuff from the board. OP hammers are the real money used for trading things for amazing items.

Best thing to do is report the Gold spammer to a GS when they come online.
If they are offline and you cannot reach another GS in-game, then leave them a forum inbox message or try and quickly grab the attention of any GS/GM on the shout-box.
Otherwise, as stated message the GS with the name of the gold spammer. And if you see loads of Gold spammers in the game at one time, then a few screenshots would help, so you can get them all banned.
GS normally can get the person banned quicker then me or you could, simply because they get direct contact with GM's. The GM's themselves are normally way over their head with work and cannot get in-game as much these days due to a lot of tickets and other forms of workload

kenitic

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
kenitic
PostedMar 23, 2013 12:35 am
The gold spammers and buyers should be logged based upon account and other info. But using solely the IP/MAC address of the offenders isn't a reliable system as these can be spoofed or misdirected. I remember reading an article about a company that, just to prove this point, had their computers "illegally" download software but spoofed the info to their printer. The only way to truly know who and where the person is would be to use software that can follow the traffic until it reaches point of origin (but if a proxy is in use, that can take a long time) and to do this requires serious legal stuff to take place.

Sadly, this makes it almost impossible to track down, stop/prevent, and in some cases prove that this is what is being done. A trick that I remember a company tried to implement that might work and I made a solution that is as follows: Have it to where every account requires some type of bank info (credit card numbers are meh, but like actual account numbers with a name attached is what you need), and even allow for multiple accounts from the same person. With their info, you do a check with their bank to verify that they are them by not only checking with the agency, but doing something like what paypal does, put a small charge on the account and have them report the charged amount and/or the transaction number (lean away form the trans number as I have seen this fail numerous times). Then, you may come up with penalties and even grace periods to allow a person to redeem themselves or prove that they didn't do it. But if they have, negotiate a reward in lieu of a fine if they rat out the account they made the purchase to. First, penalties would be like suspension for like a month on all games. But later, even have it to take them to court and be forced to pay actual money.

I know that can be done, but might want to smooth it out and checked over by legal experts.

Gomen demo... Onamae desu ka

Mr.Guss

Rank 0
Mr.Guss
PostedApr 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Buying Gold issues

There will always be gold sellers in very game, they have teams of people working / botting to get the gold / etc. Take this into mind.

If you look at paypal rec. $150 @ 26250 ap. current market your looking at around 27-33Billion gold. " I know its bad to buy from these sellers but if people think about more bang for the buck "
Sellers - $150 your looking at around 100billion gold. " i never have bought gold nor will i in the future. who is going to win your money? "

the battle will never end between Aeria and Gold sellers. the only way to equal out is to reduce price for AP but do to costs on Aeria side that most likely wont happen. Market now days 10 billion is like pennies. since the merge prices of items nearly tripled from what i have seen. +15 weapons 1-1.5billion.. b5e gear 1-3billion a piece, where is a new lvling toon going to get that kind of money? if you have a high lvl its bit easier to get that kind of gold or if you have a high paying job then money is not a problem. The market for the gold sellers are the people in the low paying jobs or just flat out cant pay these OP items, cant say all do but.

People talking on WoW. ive played it for 3 years gold sellers/bots didnt get bad till around LK-Cata.
cant say that they have a massive issue with gold buyers / sellers killing the AH. heck me and few other FL people bought up all their ores and made gems-etc and made massive gold from them. i can say that people that had hacked accounts is another story. They sold ore for heck of a deal we buy and make 30-50% profit from them. so it was win-win for us. in my days i have reported of man 200+ hacked accounts, bots, gold sellers/their toons to used to sell. Blizzard to anything? nah not really, 1 seller with toons on 25 realms? come on have someone watch it and remove that account. peoples accounts that have been hacked would stay on till they logged off from what a gm said, then few days later they be back again. I have also uncovered many of their massive operations and blizzard from what i know didnt lift a finger like they wanted them there and to do it, so it gives them something to do later on.

Like i said above this will always be an issue no matter what you do, if there is $$ to be made from a game there will be a team of elite hackers right there to make money from it. I know GM ban these guys all day long and what not, wont stop them. why not chat ban them so they stop spamming but their accounts still active so they wont create a new one - maybe or not. It would be a bit hard to get people buying small amounts tracking them. since gold gets traded all day long 24/7 from 1k-30bill., i would think. Then if there was just a few gold sellers on all day moniter their accounts and see who they trade with throughout the day and just hit people like that. Not a GM nor know much on that side of the game so i could be wrong that you cant moniter like that. Cool