It is important for you to be aware of the dangers that may be present to you. Please read the following to avoid becoming an unknowing victim!
All trades are considered final. This policy is found in our terms of service
. If you lose an item to another player, the SB team will investigate it and make a judgment for punishment where necessary.
Signs of a suspicious trade:
NEVER do the following:
- Low-level characters with large amounts of gold or AP items.
- Asking you to give them an item while they go get another character to complete the trade.
- There is no reason a person cannot fully complete a trade on one character. Unless the item is physically displayed in your trade window, DO NOT COMPLETE THE TRADE.
Protect yourself by:
- Never give your account password to anyone.
- Do not give it to your friends or family, either. It is against the terms of service to account share. AGE employees (The GMs) WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD. Immediately report people who ask for yours to Aeria via Contact Us.
- Never "Lend" an item to someone.
- Never give an item to someone so they may "try it on".
- Chances are if someone wants to "try on" your item, they are not intending to give it back.
- Never give your password or account access to someone offering to buy you AP.
- If someone is doing this, chances are they are intending to steal your account. Instead, have them purchase the item for
- you on their account and trade it to you in-game.
- Some items may look very similar! Make sure that you are receiving the correct item before you retrieve it from your mail.
- Taking screenshots of the agreement prior to trade, and the trade itself.
- Never giving your password to anyone, even friends of family.
- Trust your instincts. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Report all suspicious behavior via PM or Contact Us
Account sharing is where more than one person has access of an account. It is a violation of Aeria's Terms of Service
Account sharing creates liability and security issues. If a report is received and it is determined that the base cause of the issue is account sharing, all accounts involved will be disciplined. Prevent this by never giving out your password to anyone.
Gold selling means trading real life money for in game currency. Both buying and selling gold is against the Terms of Service and will result in all related accounts being punished.
If you have any issues please Contact Us.
**Credit for the original contents of this topic go to GM Greywulf. Parts of this topic have been edited due to certain decisions being made on a game-by-game basis, rather than a company-wide policy.**