lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedOct 29, 2012 6:08 pm   Last edited by lestat_anil on Oct 30, 2012 12:06 am. Edited 1 time in total

Scamming/Account Sharing/Gold Buying and Selling

Important!
It is important for you to be aware of the dangers that may be present to you. Please read the following to avoid becoming an unknowing victim!

All trades are considered final. This policy is found in our terms of service. If you lose an item to another player, the SB team will investigate it and make a judgment for punishment where necessary.

Signs of a suspicious trade:

• Low-level characters with large amounts of gold or AP items.
  • Asking you to give them an item while they go get another character to complete the trade.
  • There is no reason a person cannot fully complete a trade on one character. Unless the item is physically displayed in your trade window, DO NOT COMPLETE THE TRADE.

NEVER do the following:

• Never give your account password to anyone.
  • Do not give it to your friends or family, either. It is against the terms of service to account share. AGE employees (The GMs) WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD. Immediately report people who ask for yours to Aeria via Contact Us.
  • Never "Lend" an item to someone.
  • Never give an item to someone so they may "try it on".
  • Chances are if someone wants to "try on" your item, they are not intending to give it back.
  • Never give your password or account access to someone offering to buy you AP.
  • If someone is doing this, chances are they are intending to steal your account. Instead, have them purchase the item for
  • you on their account and trade it to you in-game.
  • Some items may look very similar! Make sure that you are receiving the correct item before you retrieve it from your mail.

Protect yourself by:

• Taking screenshots of the agreement prior to trade, and the trade itself.
  • Never giving your password to anyone, even friends of family.
  • Trust your instincts. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Report all suspicious behavior via PM or Contact Us

Account sharing is where more than one person has access of an account. It is a violation of Aeria's Terms of Service.

Account sharing creates liability and security issues. If a report is received and it is determined that the base cause of the issue is account sharing, all accounts involved will be disciplined. Prevent this by never giving out your password to anyone.

Gold selling means trading real life money for in game currency. Both buying and selling gold is against the Terms of Service and will result in all related accounts being punished.

If you have any issues please Contact Us.

**Credit for the original contents of this topic go to GM Greywulf. Parts of this topic have been edited due to certain decisions being made on a game-by-game basis, rather than a company-wide policy.**
Advertisement

Kizuna7

Rank 5
Kizuna7
PostedOct 29, 2012 10:10 pm
Best way to avoid getting scammed is common sense. If it sounds too good to be true it most likely is.

~Lil_Kizuna

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedOct 29, 2012 11:56 pm
Thanks Les, I knew about some of this, but I haven't been playing these kinds of games recently so it's good to get back into the swing of things.

Jordiee

Rank 0
Jordiee
PostedNov 29, 2012 3:08 pm
Can't buy gold? What the Hard. Rolling Eyes

Busu

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedNov 29, 2012 6:00 pm
Jordiee wrote:
Can't buy gold? What the ****. Rolling Eyes  

I think they mean using AP to buy gold from other players. If Aeria provides an option in-game to spend AP to get in-game currency from them, I'm pretty sure that's legit. lestat_anil is just stating that buying gold from other players with AP/selling gold to other players for AP is against the rules, and is punishable.

Dynasty Warriors Online (retired): Chronos.JX1; Chariot General | Grand Fantasia: HeroChronos>Berserker (will update server when I play again) | Aura Kingdom: Chronos Notashi; Ravager/Grenadier; Chimera server

Lokiem

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
PostedMar 15, 2013 1:06 pm
Just to hammer out this nonsense, using AP as a measure to get gold from players isn't the issue. It's spending $10 with gold farmers to get in game currency that is bad, whereas spending $10 with aeria and selling, say, unsealers to get gold is not a prpblem.

Players have always been able to buy AP and sell things they can buy with AP to anyone.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

JimRival

Rank 0
JimRival
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:43 am
Another item that should be covered is "Gold/AP for leveling" that I see some people do(Not in this game yet anyway), basically called "Selling powerleveling/runs" where a lower level player would pay gold/AP for a higher level to get powerleveled up to a certain point. I seen it happen a few times in WoW and other MMO's so I was curious where does that technically fall under?

InCopy

Rank 0
InCopy
PostedMar 21, 2013 2:55 am
Alright Got It im new so im actually glad i read this.

catherinechan

catherinechan
PostedMar 23, 2013 10:20 am
A little reminder is always good ^^ thanks

who_me007

PostedMar 24, 2013 10:40 am
ok so coming from another MMO where scamming is considered normal and expected. contract and trade scams being the norm and weeding out the stupid from the smart.

Am i allowed to say fe say i'm selling an awesome blue set of shoes say and then put a green set in trade. If the mark doesn't realise and gives me my gold will there be repurcussions against my account or is it just buyer beware like irl?

I read through the TOS and the user conduct and this is not mentioned at all.

This clarification would be nice for both sides of the scam Razz

FYI it's for in Scarlet Blade