Kboxermma

Rank 0
PostedOct 20, 2012 10:48 pm

new ships

rumors
Ok.. so who has the new ship blueprints.

Please identify what server you are playing on. And if you found/earned a blueprint, a fragment.. or both.

Also, please tell us where you found it.

For instance, I heard so-n-so Found a BLUEPRINT (not fragment) on Scorpio server... From hitting Corsairs.

I have hit about 200 corsairs maybe more since the patch.. Never seen one.. not even a fragment. As I talk to people who play, they say this is their luck as well. So I will call "LIAR" on the supposed person who found a blue print in a corsair

I have heard of absolutely NO ONE.. getting even a fragment or blueprint from the Instances either.

I and others actually BOUGHT numerous (I bought like 20) items to take you to the end boss. IN the instances where plans supposedly drop. never saw one. And add that to the 20 times I finished the instance normally, without tokens.

THis too is the ratio I hear from others.

So to conclude, I know of no one on my server (old server) who so much as has a fragment.

I know a few people who have bought tokens looking for them in instances. NO LUCK.
I also heard of a person in my alliance who allegedly found a plan in a corsair. I asked him, he denied it. and I never saw him with that ship.

SO I am gonna go on record as saying I do not believe they are in the game. If they are, please post a pic. And not you oberonu, we heard you were given one on patch day. Even if this is true, it doesn't count.
Advertisement

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 21, 2012 12:45 am
Twisted Evil It's in the market atm!

Black pearls = 5400 b creds
Royal Fighter = 14400 b creds
God Wind = 28000 n creds

Also try archemar legendary.

Kboxermma

Rank 0
PostedOct 21, 2012 8:39 am
Oberonu wrote:

God Wind = 28000 n creds

Is this a joke answer?

so we can now be sure that the ships are NOT in the game unless u spend real money for them.
We can now also be sure that they are in fact, NOT in legendary archemar... because if they were, they also would be in PIRATE.

And since people have finished that hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds, and hundreds and hundreds of times. and never even got a fragment. It is of course, NOT there.

So. besides the fact, that 99.999999999% of the players cant pass level 20 of archemar EASY, it is safe to say NO ONE has gotten and finished legendary, and also no one has found any of these frags or blueprints, without spending tens or HUNDREDS of dollars.

thanks for confirming Oberonu. This is exactly what I thought.

So ummmmm. can u ask the devs to put it in the game. FOR REAL.
thanks

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 21, 2012 9:48 pm
Kboxermma wrote:
Oberonu wrote:

God Wind = 28000 n creds

Is this a joke answer?

so we can now be sure that the ships are NOT in the game unless u spend real money for them.
We can now also be sure that they are in fact, NOT in legendary archemar... because if they were, they also would be in PIRATE.

And since people have finished that hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds, and hundreds and hundreds of times. and never even got a fragment. It is of course, NOT there.

So. besides the fact, that 99.999999999% of the players cant pass level 20 of archemar EASY, it is safe to say NO ONE has gotten and finished legendary, and also no one has found any of these frags or blueprints, without spending tens or HUNDREDS of dollars.

thanks for confirming Oberonu. This is exactly what I thought.

So ummmmm. can u ask the devs to put it in the game. FOR REAL.
thanks  

It's in the game. You can buy it or it's an extremely rare drop and I do mean extremely rare. It seems about 1 in a few billion drop, even in instance. However you can report this as a bug and see if the devs can check to see if it's been implemented properly or not. However the drops for the special ships are supposed to be extremely rare.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Kboxermma

Rank 0
PostedOct 23, 2012 8:22 am
Oberonu wrote:

It's in the game. You can buy it or it's an extremely rare drop and I do mean extremely rare. It seems about 1 in a few billion drop, even in instance. However you can report this as a bug and see if the devs can check to see if it's been implemented properly or not. However the drops for the special ships are supposed to be extremely rare.  

omg... IS no developer on to answer???? rofl

Just a GS. lol

first, there is absolutely NO WAY it is a "1 in a few billion" drop rate"

Since you seem to want to answer for the devs, and are now obviously just pulling numbes and stuff out of a hat. Let me explain it TO YOU as a former Pro-Gamer. and someone who also has an MBA in finance.

There has NEVER, and I do MEAN NEVER been a '1 in a few billion drop rate" on anything in a game. Ever... if anyone says there was, they are lying.
Now to show you this is not correct... watch...

Estimated number of ACTIVE players in this game.
Server 1- 50
Server 2- 200
So lets assume this game is EXACTLY like all the other f2p aeria games, and that old servers have very very very few players, and new servers get a nice pop in the beginning.

Lets also be very very generous for your arguement. And say that there is that SAME amount of people who play very rarely (i.e. once every 2 weeks)... and yes, I know I was extremely generous on the above numbers as well..
Let's say a rough "weighted average" of people would be 50+200+(50/14)+ (200/14)= Roughly 269 people.. (again, it is obvious from anyone who plays these numbers are way too high... but lets pretend

Ok so 269 people. divided by 2 servers, equals about 135 people PER server as active. (hahaha, yeah I know.... numbers way off.. but bear with me)

Now lets say EVERY single person. ALL OF THEM. THAT IS EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!! does 10 corsairs a day, and also does a FULL INSTANCE. ( like the pirate one that can drop the ship)

That is 130*11= 1,430 Chances per day. per server to get a ship fragment
Now since it takes 10 fragments to make one blue print. We have do divide that 1430 by 10.
We also have to do your "few billion" estimate.
So first we take 3,000,000,000 / 1430=2,097,902 days
Next we have to take that 2,098,902 and MULTIPLY by 10 (because 10 frags for a blueprint)

So mathematically. there will be (read this.. and laugh...)
1 Fragment found per server EVERY 5,747 years. (2,098k days)
1 BLUEPRINT earned per server EVERY 57,470 years

So yeah.. even if your number was correct. Which it isnt... that is one ship blueprint per server every 57,470 years.

If there were 5 servers. that means every 11,494 years someone in the game will earn a blueprint

So let's reevaluate. Let's pretend by estimate of 130 people is low (it is probably too high by a multiple of 5 lol). lets say that 10,000 active people a day play. And it is only 1 in a billion chance for a fragment

That means 10,000*11 chances=110,000 chances for a fragment a day
1,000,000,000/ 110,000= 9,090 days
That would mean every 25 years someone would get a Blue print per server... or Roughly 1 person in the WHOLE game would find one every 5 years... assuming 5 servers with 10,000 very very very very very active people.. all playing every day

so is it safe to assume
1-- The fragments and blueprints are not in the game
2- The developers do not reply
3- Your estimate of "1 in a few billion" is just a number you made up
4- This is yet another example of something NOT in the game. such as colony ships.

I for one, don't plan on playing this game for 57,470 years for the CHANCE to be the one person out of 130 on my server to win a ship BP.

Let's just call it as we see it. The new server cannibalized the old server. HORRENDOUSLY, (but made them a lot of new cash). and these new ships are NOT in the game, except as a "Pay to Win" item in the cash shop.

can any PLAYER or DEVELOPER comment on if my math is right, or if I am the only one disappointed anothe game function is NOT in the game?

Thanks
PS--- Just woke up, and trying do this math in my head.. so if it is wrong, or I did a wrong variable. feel free to correct it. i am too lazy to double check it
(yeah I changed some numbers to round numbers to help me do the math in my head.. like 135 people to 130... etc..)

Incidentally 57,470 years time 130 people (every one on server) is about 7,471,100 years for all 130 people on your server to have just ONE of the blueprints. For each person to have all 3 ship prints. it is about 22.5 MILLION years. rofl

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 28, 2012 6:03 pm
The fact that you've not been posting this in the bug report might be partly why.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Kboxermma

Rank 0
PostedOct 28, 2012 6:24 pm
Oberonu wrote:
The fact that you've not been posting this in the bug report might be partly why.  

ya know obe.. It would help if you were part of the solution not a part of the problem m8.

1-- You are a GS... that is a LINK between the players and the GMs,

2-- I have reported MULTIPLE bugs in the past, and I get a "canned" reply of "try refreshing browser" or some other garbage.. showing THEY do not read bug reports.

3-- As a GS, i would expect more of a middle man to HELP players enjoy the game, not a fanbois.

Do me a favor, if all you do is defend game mistakes, or bad programming etc.... Please don't comment. Seriously.

If you want to use some of those MANY MANY ways the GMs gave you to contact them (IM etc...) feel free to ask a GM to look into it.

I for one VOWED to never send another bug report to aeria after the TENTH "stock" reply I got to a bug report.

Isn't it funny how 500 views have been on this page. Yet no one confirmed they have a ship.. NOT ONE..

Or not one person agreed with me that the ships are missing. I assume that is because they think an aeria person (You) who is monitoring this, is going to blackball them or something.

I am sorry to sound gruff with you. But you CERTAINLY aren't the first GS or GM I have talked to in aeria games.. (Hi Excelsior, wish you were still around bro).... But you are the first who seems to be AGAINST the players.

I have not read ONE THING.. NOT ONE POST from you, either in forums, shoutbox, or the rare rare rare rare times you are in game, where you do not sound like a fanbois as opposed to a community liason.

Feel free to enter the bug report for me.. Then post the reply you get in the forums. I would love to see yet another "Please refresh your browser, Clear your cache. and if that doesn't work check the forums" email.

(How long before this gets deleted. rofl)

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 28, 2012 6:35 pm
I am not against the player. lol