mm_fighter

Rank 0
PostedOct 17, 2012 9:23 am
the graphics cards are set up as the GTS being the main process one and the GTX is there for fun most of the time/processing speed somehow and wont run for graphics unless the GTS is fully being used which in most cases isnt
my processor is a: intel core 2
cpu 6700 @ 2.66GHz (think its actually higher from overclocking)
this could cause problems as it is old but i still manage to play AVA at full without lagg of any kind but at medium i get a fps boost to 200 and I have played two matches of Tribes at medium/high with little problems soo.......

Advertisement

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 17, 2012 9:38 am
http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/292/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1MDQ4NzkzOS9zaWQvUlpVeGdZOGw%3D <<try this series of answers to the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/review/522-tribes-ascend-performance-test/ <<performance tests done.

The following list are the noted successful test cards. If you have a low card or medium low card, even crossfire won't last long as the memory will run out after a while or it'll cause the graphics card to each its limit and crash.

-------------------------

Test System Specs

AMD Radeon HD 7970 (3072MB)
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 (3072MB)
AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2048MB)
AMD Radeon HD 7850 (2048MB)
HIS Radeon HD 7770 (1024MB)
HIS Radeon HD 7750 (1024MB)
HIS Radeon HD 6970 (2048MB)
HIS Radeon HD 6950 (2048MB)
HIS Radeon HD 6870 (1024MB)
HIS Radeon HD 6850 (1024MB)
HIS Radeon HD 6790 (1024MB)
HIS Radeon HD 6770 (1024MB)
HIS Radeon HD 6750 (1024MB)
HIS Radeon HD 6670 (1024MB)
AMD Radeon HD 5870 (2048MB)
AMD Radeon HD 5830 (1024MB)
HIS Radeon HD 5670 (1024MB)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 (1536MB)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 (1280MB)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1024MB)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 (1024MB)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 (1536MB)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 (1024MB)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1024MB)

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

mm_fighter

Rank 0
PostedOct 17, 2012 9:53 am
so no Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 (1024MB) which is nearly the same as a Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 (1536MB)
for another graphics comparison i can play hawx 2 at full with direct X11 terrain shiz and in side-by-side 3D with sound though HDMI (is scary and awesome at the same time)

also I noticed but my screen resolution is 1280:1024

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 17, 2012 2:20 pm
mm_fighter wrote:
so no Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 (1024MB) which is nearly the same as a Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 (1536MB)
for another graphics comparison i can play hawx 2 at full with direct X11 terrain shiz and in side-by-side 3D with sound though HDMI (is scary and awesome at the same time)

also I noticed but my screen resolution is 1280:1024  

Release date April 12, 2010
Model(s) GeForce Series

GeForce GT Series
GeForce GTS Series
GeForce GTX Series

Entry-level cards GT 430
Mid-range cards GT 440, GTS 450, GTX 460, GTX 465 <<You
High-end cards GTX 470, GTX 480 <<tested and works once everything is updated
Codename(s) GF100 / GF104 / GF106 / GF108 / GF114 (Fermi)
Direct3D support Direct3D 11.0 <<yes
Shader Model 5.0 <<yes
OpenCL support OpenCL 1.1 <<Yes
OpenGL support

The physical aspects of your card actually check out, even though the list does not show it as 'approved'.

Windows 7 32 bit 3GB ram <<Bit low, but 'should' be fine
Nvidia Geforce GTS450 + Geforce 7900 GTX <<both should be fine. I would check to see if there are updates of both cards.

Let's check something else since there are other possibilities. What power supply unit, psu, do you have? It is possible for you to be drawing so much power or needing more power that the graphics cards and ram do not work in sync together well.

Also, is tribes:ascend folder in your antivirus/firewall safe zone and not in the vault?

We are going to go through all of the potential problems with your computer until we find the full cause or list of causes or potential causes if we must

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

mm_fighter

Rank 0
PostedOct 18, 2012 9:20 am
Oberonu wrote:

Let's check something else since there are other possibilities. What power supply unit, psu, do you have? It is possible for you to be drawing so much power or needing more power that the graphics cards and ram do not work in sync together well.

Also, is tribes:ascend folder in your antivirus/firewall safe zone and not in the vault?

We are going to go through all of the potential problems with your computer until we find the full cause or list of causes or potential causes if we must  

all drivers are updated
tribes is in the aeria games folder and has full access from McAffe and wiindows
power wise make use of this

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 19, 2012 6:44 pm
mm_fighter wrote:
Oberonu wrote:

all drivers are updated
tribes is in the aeria games folder and has full access from McAffe and wiindows
power wise make use of this

That's what I was looking for. 550w total output.

450 power req specs

Thermal and Power Specs:
100 CMaximum GPU Temperature (in C)
106 WMaximum Graphics Card Power (W)
400 WMinimum System Power Requirement (W)
6-pinSupplementary Power Connectors

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX Graphics Card

Architecture

• G71

Process Technology

• 90 nm

Number of Transistors

• 278 Million

Die Size

• 196 mm2

Pixel Pipelines

• 24 Pixel Pipelines

ROPs

• 16 ROPs - 16 colour, 16 blend

Core Clock

• 650 MHz

Fillrate

• 15.6 Gigapixels / sec.

Memory Interface

• 4-way 64-bits memory interface
• 256-bits total

Memory Buffer

• 512 MB GDDR3

Memory Clock

• 800 MHz
• 1.6 GHz DDR

Memory Bandwidth

• 51.2 GB/s

Vertex Units

• 8 Vertex Units

Vertex Clock

• 700 MHz

Vertex Output

• 1400 million vertices / sec.

Power Consumption

• 120 W

Graphics Bus

• PCI Express

Shader Model Version

• SM 3.0

NVIDIA IntelliSample Technology

NVIDIA SLI Technology

• Yes

NVIDIA Quad SLI Technology

• Yes

NVIDIA TurboCache Technology

• No

64-bit Texture Filtering and Blending

• Yes

DVI Support

• Two dual-linked DVI, both integrated into the GPU

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedOct 19, 2012 6:49 pm
So short review of it. It sounds like a power supply and could be when both cards are used you may be trying to draw more power than your psu, power supply unit, can provide.

The next thing are the cards were not tested and approved, but that could be here or there and honestly does not mean anything since technically their requirements according to the listed stats do match the requirements needed for the game, aka pixel shader, total ram, etc...

However I do believe others have had similar issues so the next time I see GM Hado on I'll get with him and see if we can track down the core issues/causes to give a quicker solution until the devs find a more permanent solution.

hiphopturtle1

Rank 0
PostedOct 26, 2012 9:11 am

Same question as Pacmanvice

I clearly have ap yet it says i do not?
Hello,
I came here to find out the answer to Pacmanvice question.
Was hoping for a public answer instead of waiting for a reply from the support ticket.
Also does anyone know when maintenance usually takes place for this game?
Please let me know,
tyvm guys
~turtle

doomdragoon21

Rank 2
doomdragoon21
In your house...it's not creepy United States
PostedNov 25, 2012 4:43 pm

cannot install akamai netsession service

every time i try to install the game from aeria ignite, i get the "Aeria Ignite cannot download this game.Cannot install Akamai NetSession service. I COMPLETELY rid myself of all hi-rez type of things (even from program data folder) nothing shows up on the uninstall program list relating to it, and i triple checked all the places hi-rez could be hiding (program files, program files (x86) and program data as previously stated). but still cannot download. What can i do?

*edit the only remaining thing left is the install .exe file in my downloads folder and i emptied the recycle bin as well

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: cannot install akamai netsession service

doomdragoon21 wrote:
every time i try to install the game from aeria ignite, i get the "Aeria Ignite cannot download this game.Cannot install Akamai NetSession service. I COMPLETELY rid myself of all hi-rez type of things (even from program data folder) nothing shows up on the uninstall program list relating to it, and i triple checked all the places hi-rez could be hiding (program files, program files (x86) and program data as previously stated). but still cannot download. What can i do?

*edit the only remaining thing left is the install .exe file in my downloads folder and i emptied the recycle bin as well  

Uninstall Ignite and disable your firewall/anti-virus. Reinstall Ignite and install the game. Re-enable your firewall/anti-virus.