terra1820

Rank 0
terra1820
PostedOct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Ghosting?

Can someone help me? What is going on?
For some reason, I can no longer stay logged on to my player. I assumed it was my internet connection, but that isn't the issue. My internet is working fine, which means this is the game.

I'm not technically dc'd when this happens, but I cannot teleport, use items, click on NPC's, open vault, kill anything, do much of anything when this happens, other than move around. I can type into chat and enter it, but no one can type back and no one can see my responses.
The weirdest part of this is that everyone around me can't move, but their wings are flapping and pets are moving as they should. So everything seems normal from my point of view until i realize no one is responding to me.

Also, when I refresh the page, it brings me to the page where I can choose my character. But when I click on the normal link to CS where you can choose your server, it takes me to the login page, as if I was signed out.

Can someone please fix this and tell me what is going on??
This has been going on for multiple days and I can't play the game at all without getting booted out of everywhere important because I can't do anything so I have to refresh... and then I have to do it all over again because I can't stay playing normally for more than a few minutes at a time.
Advertisement

Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedOct 07, 2012 8:57 pm
I've only had this happen once and it was a connection problem.. My internet was so slow that it was just barely connected. I could pretty much do everything but nothing was registered on the server end, just on my side.

Anyway, other then your connection, assuming it's fast enough, you could try clearing your internet cookies and cache and also clear your Flash cache. This link is on DDT but it helps with crystal saga too. Also make sure your flash player and java script are up to date.

It sounds like a flash memory problem or connection problem to me. You can try using a different browser (like chrome firefox, waterfox, cometbird, safari, opera, internet explorer, etc.) or using a different computer entirely to see if it resolves the issue.

Hope this helps.~

terra1820

Rank 0
terra1820
PostedOct 08, 2012 12:36 pm
Yep. Everything is up to date and my cache was already cleared. I did it again today, just in case.
My internet was a little shaky today (although it should still have been good enough to hold), but it didn't. It wasn't a good test. I'll try again another day.

The time before this my internet was great and shouldn't have been the problem and it was still happening.

And I'm using Firefox. I've never had a problem with it and CS before. So that would be weird if it's the browser. Other than that, I don't have computers to spare. Lol.

If it keeps happening, I may just have to switch to another game =/

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedOct 16, 2012 9:30 pm
terra1820 wrote:
Yep. Everything is up to date and my cache was already cleared. I did it again today, just in case.
My internet was a little shaky today (although it should still have been good enough to hold), but it didn't. It wasn't a good test. I'll try again another day.

The time before this my internet was great and shouldn't have been the problem and it was still happening.

And I'm using Firefox. I've never had a problem with it and CS before. So that would be weird if it's the browser. Other than that, I don't have computers to spare. Lol.

If it keeps happening, I may just have to switch to another game =/  

It's your connection. I have the same issue at my home. May need your ISP to come check the signal levels, upstream SNR levels and such.

terra1820

Rank 0
terra1820
PostedOct 25, 2012 8:30 am
Yep. It was weird because my connection was better for a few days and I was still having the problems. But my computer was reading something different than what was actually happening.

It is a connection problem and it won't be stopping anytime soon. Still not sure what happened. Thanks for the replies, though.