PostedOct 22, 2012 2:28 pm

HK417 vs Knights SR25

Which one should I get?
Advertisement

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedOct 22, 2012 3:57 pm
Preference based. HK417 usually takes 2-3 hits and has almost no recoil and good ROF. If you can aim a semi well while moving, you can use this. It also has almost no moveshot instability.

SR25, on the other hand, has slightly lower ROF but much higher OHK. It can OHK on the chest within ~20 meters and on the guts up to 45-50 meters. It has a few bars of moveshot instability and slightly higher recoil so you might want to strafe or crouch altogether.

In the long run, I'd rather have the SR25. It has good OHK and penetration for a semi-auto with a lovely 20-shot clip for smokescreen-spamming or simple Annihilation massacre. Its recoil takes some time to get used to. With swap grip, it also has the fastest quickswitch of all snipers and can be used like a higher-OHK faster-QS faster-scope SV98.

SR25 beginner mods: Custom trig, RB, WG, Heavy Stock
Pro mods: RB, SG

IwubCheeze

Rank 2
IwubCheeze
PostedJan 19, 2013 12:55 am
Out of the two and looking at nothing else, I prefer the HK417 because if I'm going to play with a semi, I'm going to play taking into account that the first shot will never 1hk so I need to get that second shot off quickly to get a kill.

Also, I'm an aggressive player and like to rush, even when playing sniper. I've never tried rushing with the SR-25 because looking at the stats, it doesn't seem rush worthy. However I know that the HK417 is great to rush with. There's a mod for the HK417 that increases the magazine capacity to 20 bullets but if I remember correctly, has fewer reserve bullets than the SR-25.

Hope this helps

4lexpk

Rank 4
4lexpk
PostedJan 19, 2013 8:16 am
Knights SR25 , more smexy!

zlzlzlz

Rank 0
PostedJan 19, 2013 8:30 am
None.

If you are comparing those two get a MSG90 borte chino. It is the best semi, how many semis could always do a OHK.

Camp the capsule shop, and gl getting the gun.

MyGun1

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2013 6:15 am
I have HK417 and have tryed Knight's SR-25 on my friend's acc several times. I prefer HK-417 for overall Damage done. Great ROF, easy to handle ( so long as u can aim and "click" at right times ). As far as +10 Ammo mod, it sucks ( ruins stability iirc )

Note: As a Semi-sniper user, you should know that your not gonna have the best possible score, you'll be more of a "Support" for your team ( MOBA term. ), basically even if you die your job is to kill or adleast lit up ( make low hp ) several targets and let your teammates kill them.

Semi-snipers work WONDERS with lazers ( R4 Remmy, XMaid, m4 mk3, AMD65 )

But seriously if you want a Semi-Sniper with high OHKO, consider DSR-1 or even AWM or M40A5, they have really fast potential ROF and high(er) 1HKO.

4lexpk

Rank 4
4lexpk
PostedFeb 06, 2013 7:26 am
MyGun1 wrote:
I have HK417 and have tryed Knight's SR-25 on my friend's acc several times. I prefer HK-417 for overall Damage done. Great ROF, easy to handle ( so long as u can aim and "click" at right times ). As far as +10 Ammo mod, it sucks ( ruins stability iirc )

Note: As a Semi-sniper user, you should know that your not gonna have the best possible score, you'll be more of a "Support" for your team ( MOBA term. ), basically even if you die your job is to kill or adleast lit up ( make low hp ) several targets and let your teammates kill them.

Semi-snipers work WONDERS with lazers ( R4 Remmy, XMaid, m4 mk3, AMD65 )

But seriously if you want a Semi-Sniper with high OHKO, consider DSR-1 or even AWM or M40A5, they have really fast potential ROF and high(er) 1HKO.  

did you ever use the zebra? gosh that one hit kill semi is so awesome o: