Well I don't pvp in canta but I will give some troll thoughts cuz well, the server is down and I don't have anything else to do.
1. Is it worth going if you can't afford dread top/pants?
PVP in canta without dread would be like pvp in 70 with Justia, you can do it as long as your expectations are not too high.
2. If you were going into canta with an UM Archer, what stat build would you go with when lvling?
I prefer to add all my stats to STR when lvling and use SS nos and KO nos. I would think you will need to restat after your gear is linked anyway. Dunno the best stats for canta pvp though.
3. What stats would you add the pvp stats to(Vet manager)?
Add whatever you think is lacking when you pvp.
4. What would you link (all shrewd/ all str/ all luc)?
Archers need STR, LUC, DEX so link the highest level of each to get the most stats from your linking. I personally like to survive so Rec, life or abs could make a good 4th link.
5. What is this "Kiting" I hear about?
Its what we do to tick mele DPS off cuz they can't reach us to hit us. All other classes you can call it running but for us its 'Kiting'
6. Other then enchants, would HP max-OJ's be worth it for the little amount it gives, and should any life lapis be linked, despite the max life being lv6?
Dunno and finding out would give me a headache.
7. Is EoM tier the only time they put canta dreads in the tier?
I believe I have seen a dread gear tier but typically it would be EOM.
8. Any advice?
Enjoy your archer they are really fun to play, remember they play a support role, and never stop moving.
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you ^^
There are toons w/o dread top/pants in Canta - broadly they fall into two camps:
1/ Very high ranked toons who have had their gear forever and get away with it 'cos they have the stat points from their rank to balance things.
Group 1 will regularly get in raids and will get the kills accordingly; group 2 might find getting into the main raid tricky and will likely struggle to get kills.
- Personally I would advise that if you are going to the expense of linking 6's, Maxing OJ's and high enchants then you should try and get dreads.
Tina has it right for grinding stats. But for Canta pvp you should know that the community enforces a no noss and no rems policy. As for build then my advice is:
1/ Do your gear first.
2/ Then add stats:
- add dex until you can hit consistently (probably need a minimum of 250 but plenty have more)
- then add luc until you crit consistently (probably going to be +450)
- then put the rest into str.
With regards links then as Tina said you need to be getting the max of dex/luc/str in (after ele's/sonics/flash) after that I'd go with Life6's and skip on abs/rec as you just don't have the slots.
All my gear has max-OJ's on HP (it makes a big difference in survivability when some toons will be hitting you for +2.5K a pop) and then if you can max another go with one of dex/luc/str.
Other advice: mana-shot and stamina-shot are your friends. Even if you can't kill them easily then distracting healers by draining their mana will win you kudos and draining stamina on the enemy dps when they go after your own healers is very much appreciated too.