tristanleirdrow

Rank 0
tristanleirdrow
PostedSep 24, 2012 3:58 pm

archer vs hunter in pvp

I have a question about uber archer/hunters in pvp.

I am a lvl 71 archer and my gear is max enchanted and i have max oj stats.
My build now is round 1700 dex, 700 luc and 1000 str.
In pvp i notice an Hunterr does hit on me between 5-6k and i cant hit them at all.
When i pvp with a def or dps, i have no problems with them.
Now i was wondering if my stats are totally wrong, because i dont understand why an hunter has this much attack and high defence on my archer, while we same class. Is it the luc?
mabey anyone can advise how to handle an hunter as archer? and how come an hunter can be that strong?
Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedSep 26, 2012 5:03 pm
Do you know the level of the hunter?

If they are already 80 & you are only 71 then that's a huge level difference penalty.

I think it's unlikely that someone has already got fully linked fully enchanted 71+ gear - but that's the only other thing that could be a difference.

There is no real difference between a hunter and an archer other than the faction.

RIP Kizzd

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedSep 27, 2012 3:45 pm
MerlinMcTav wrote:
Do you know the level of the hunter?

If they are already 80 & you are only 71 then that's a huge level difference penalty.

I think it's unlikely that someone has already got fully linked fully enchanted 71+ gear - but that's the only other thing that could be a difference.

There is no real difference between a hunter and an archer other than the faction.  

just adding to what he said (and to what you've asked), LUC only affects once the DEX effect got calculated out.

So if you hit (DEX), then it checks if it would be a critical or not ( LUC ) before calculating damage which got dealt with ( attack )

If it's a miss, then the rest of progress won't be ran through.

It is high likely a level gap effect.

signature of xybolt

tristanleirdrow

Rank 0
tristanleirdrow
PostedSep 29, 2012 8:44 am
The thing is that i doubt about my build atm. I used many stat stones to figure out what is best build.
In pvp i used loads of dex, so most miss on me or hit softer. Now since archers are luc builded, i was wondering if luc is better for defence and more hit. If u have more luc then the other player they hit less on u aswell.
inno there is no difference between archer/hunter but most hunters hit very high on me and they have a very good defence. So i was wondering if it is the dex i need to change into more luc, so my att is higher mabey and defence better,idk.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedSep 29, 2012 12:06 pm
Luck does not do anything for your defence.
The things that affect your defence are rec (1 rec, 1 defence), and the difference in dex between you and your opponent. If you have far more dex than your opponent then they won't be able to hit you often.
I vaguely recall Prince Catali saying he runs with in excess of 2000 dex (it may have been in excess of 2500, though I'm not sure of that). If your opponent has a similar sort of dex and is level 80 then I would expect the results you are getting.

The question I would be looking at for you is what happens with everyone else you come up against.
If this is an isolated incident then I would ignore it - building a toon for the top ubers is prohibitively expensive for most of us.
If you miss most people you attack then I would be levelling to 80 as soon as possible and seeing what happens then. If you still continue to miss most people then I'd consider changing builds.

RIP Kizzd

lolzcrazyboy18

Rank 0
PostedOct 21, 2012 4:26 am

Re: archer vs hunter in pvp

u have done most or us stuff wrongu neeed more luck then dex and str str u dont rarely needi
u have done most or us stuff wrongu neeed more luck then dex and str str u dont rarely need i do 5luck 1dex and 1 str and i win in pretty much most pvps but btw fighter is the best class Smile

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedOct 21, 2012 10:20 am

Re: archer vs hunter in pvp

u have done most or us stuff wrongu neeed more luck then dex and str str u dont rarely needi
lolzcrazyboy18 wrote:
u have done most or us stuff wrongu neeed more luck then dex and str str u dont rarely need i do 5luck 1dex and 1 str and i win in pretty much most pvps but btw fighter is the best class Smile  
Sorry, but this completely wrong. It ignores stats from gear (which are actually the bulk of your stats), and also ignores all the evidence that has been gathered and presented over the last 4-5 years. I do not believe that you have a level 70+ HM archer with a build such as you have given that beats everyone in PvP.
This is poor advice and can safely be ignored.
And the best class is the one you enjoy playing then most.

RIP Kizzd