LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedOct 19, 2012 9:14 pm
JamesGodden wrote:
Oh and that abs calc is wrong.... or written incredibly badly, as it is implying the bonus of LUC is affected whereas its the total damage.

Absorption is a deductible from the total damage output, nothing more complicated than that,

i.e. if u hit 5000 vs 0 abs you'd hit 4000 vs 1000 abs

Absorb affects every hit in exactly the same way, and also effects everything build in the same way, it doesn't especially hurt any style build.

maximum noncrit

("max"atk-def)*ele - abs

max crit

(("max"atk-def)*ele)*1.5 + LUC*RND[0-1.5] - abs,

in both cases the damage removed by is the same, and also in both cases the abs is a simple deduction which could be rearranged to be a formula such as:

(("max"atk-def)*ele)*1.5 - abs + LUC*RND[0-1.5]

or:

- abs + (("max"atk-def)*ele)*1.5 + LUC*RND[0-1.5]

basically Absorb acts the same regardless of build, class or anything else, and it hurts crits and noncrits for the same amount (i.e. Luc is irrelevant)  

Remember Aes's post? He provided all the details to my argument.
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=610927

This is what I am talking about.

Absorb nerfed the archer class and destroyed the original intent of the damage formula.
Advertisement

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedOct 20, 2012 4:13 am
LoDebar wrote:
JamesGodden wrote:
Oh and that abs calc is wrong.... or written incredibly badly, as it is implying the bonus of LUC is affected whereas its the total damage.

Absorption is a deductible from the total damage output, nothing more complicated than that,

i.e. if u hit 5000 vs 0 abs you'd hit 4000 vs 1000 abs

Absorb affects every hit in exactly the same way, and also effects everything build in the same way, it doesn't especially hurt any style build.

maximum noncrit

("max"atk-def)*ele - abs

max crit

(("max"atk-def)*ele)*1.5 + LUC*RND[0-1.5] - abs,

in both cases the damage removed by is the same, and also in both cases the abs is a simple deduction which could be rearranged to be a formula such as:

(("max"atk-def)*ele)*1.5 - abs + LUC*RND[0-1.5]

or:

- abs + (("max"atk-def)*ele)*1.5 + LUC*RND[0-1.5]

basically Absorb acts the same regardless of build, class or anything else, and it hurts crits and noncrits for the same amount (i.e. Luc is irrelevant)  

Remember Aes's post? He provided all the details to my argument.
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=610927

This is what I am talking about.

Absorb nerfed the archer class and destroyed the original intent of the damage formula.  

misterdude wrote:
With the release of EP4 we saw the implementation of the enchantment system. In regards to armors this means you can add damage absorption. For each level of enchantment, up to 20 per piece, you add an additional 5 damage absorption. It is important to understand that absorption is not the same thing as DEF. The DEF stat simply reduces physical damage taken and it factors in a specific place in the damage formula. Absorption, however, reduces ALL damage taken, be it physical, fixed, magical, LUC based, etc. And Absorption factors in at the very end of the formula after everything else is calculated. If you have 50 absorption and were going to be hit for 1000 damage, you would only receive 950 damage. It's simple and clean cut. Therefore, when decided whether to add LUC or STR, absorption does not really factor in because it will nerf both stats more or less equally. LUC damage bypasses DEF but not absorption.  

i.e. its calculated against the total damage... so it hurts all people the same doesn't particularly hurt LUC archers, if someone has 1k Abs everyone loses 1k of their total damage output, whether they be a 3k str 0 luc buld or a 0str 3k luc build, both lose the same amount of pure damage, i.e. 1000,

Abs can as its a negative addition (a subtraction) can be calculated at any of the places I mentioned just by rearranging the formula.

besides go check what's linked in your x-bow next time you think your nerfed Wink

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedOct 20, 2012 11:30 am
The nerfing hurts the archers more.

When you have 1 stat point, where do you put it? STR or LUC

For an archer with a Bow here is the basic damage formula, and lets assume zero defense and zero absorb, and the attack is solely based on stats.
Damage=(1.0*STR+0.2*DEX+0.3*LUC)*Ele*Crit+LUC*Random(0 to 1.5)

Now lets assume the Ele factor is 1.0 (neutral hit) and there was a Crit hit.

Damage = (1.0*STR+0.2*DEX+0.3*LUC)*1.5+LUC*Random(0 to 1.5)

Now 1 point in STR:
Damage = 1.5

Now 1 point in LUC:
Damage = 0.45 to 1.95
Average Damage = 1.2

With a melee weapon here is the simplified damage formula:
Damage = (1.3*STR+0.2*DEX)*ele*Crit+LUC*Random(0 to 1.5)

Now 1 point in STR:
Damage = 1.95

With 1 point in LUC
Damage = 0 to 1.5
Average Damage = 0.75

For Melee weapons, LUC is a huge waste of stat points for DPS. Except you need enough LUC to get the critical hits (also, lapis restrictions causes you to put LUC in your gear)

When you compare Melee weapons with Bows:
A Strength Comparison
Melee = 1.95 damage
Bow = 1.5 damage

Melee wins

LUC comparison
Melee = 0 to 1.5, average 0.75
Bow = 0.45 to 1.95, average 1.2

Bow wins

Maximum DPS
Melee (STR) = 1.95
Bow (STR) 1.5

Melee wins

Before EP4 and the Absorb nerfing the LUC*Random(0 to 1.5) was guaranteed damage against the target's HP. Thus LUC was guaranteed to score damage regardless of how much Defense a target had. Archers were highly desired in Pando.

But with absorb in this game, the DPS potential of Bows is significantly less than Melee weapons, regardless of class when you do a stat point to stat point comparison. Then when you looks at the skills, Archers don't have any melee skills, thus the damage multipliers of the fighters skills even makes archers DPS potential even worse.

This is just plain simple math. Yes, the Absorb nerfs all classes, but archers are hit the hardest.

Bottom line, if you are an archer, and while the absorb nerfing is still in effect, and you want maximum DPS, focus your stats on STR and only get enough LUC to get enough crits you want (And you still ned DEX to actually hit the target). This is for PvP. I don't know if any mobs have any of the upper level mobs have Absorb. So for grinding purposes against high DEF targets, LUC builds will still have and edge. Low DEF targets for grinding STR is a better way to go.