KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedSep 06, 2012 8:30 pm

3rd Class Concepts

Mainly for my own amusement
Disclaimer: Iím fully aware the possibility of this coming about is just about nil. I am going through the effort of creating this out of boredom. Might add more to this later, but despite my boredom I am still lazy and donít wanna fill out every single skill and how it all would relate to other classes, at least atm.

Main ideas:

• A new branch on each main class tree (warrior/archer/priest/mage)

• New weapons suitable for said classes and possibly a few other classes.

• New skill type.

Classes:

Warrior-Engineer
Has 3 immobile summons with various effects. Basically a melee version of a necromancer, debuffs included. No shield or duel wield. Uses all melee weps, guns, relics.

Archer-Acrobat
Skill to jump back a very short distance in stealth leaving fake with much less defense where he was. If targeting acrobat, target swaps to fake on casting and cannot tell the difference. Would like to make it a very much focussed on in-game deception where the best way to opose it is to know the class. Uses knives/swords/polearms/guns/bows

Priest-Bard
Powerful heal over time. Curses and buffs. Songs are instant cast with long casting animation. If done from a mask will revert to normal form. Not all skills are songs, but largely focussed on them. Uses knives, staves, hammers. duel wield talent.

Mage-windwalker
Evade/melee mage. Has a melee skill which pushes back to end of spear range and roots, a long range root, a skill which pulls opponent directly in front of caster, and a buff which adds evade, move speed and provides immunity to stun/root. Skill to turn normal attack to magic for 10 minutes, self cast only. Uses staves, polearms, and relics.

New weapons:
Polearms: slightly weak 2h with range from melee to ranger deadzone. Classes which can equip: windwalker/zerk/engineer/ranger/acrobat

Knives: fastest attack speed + crit rate bonuses. Classes which can equip: archer class, bard

Instraments: in place of relic. Needed for song skills. All classes can use, but Bard makes the heaviest use.

New skill type: Songs-no cast time. Long casting animation. Can stop animation whenever you wish. Effect builds up during casting animation and lasts a certain amount of time after cast is cut. Can continue as long as you have energy. Energy is taken xx/sec. Casting can be interrupted, but effect will last as if song was cut by caster. All classes have at least one song. Example: Wizards might have one to restore energy. Theoretically it would be possible for bosses to be taken down by the correct combination of songs.
Advertisement

Killeritzu

Rank 0
PostedSep 13, 2012 9:35 am

Re: 3rd Class Concepts

Mainly for my own amusement
KurysFlame wrote:
Disclaimer: Iím fully aware the possibility of this coming about is just about nil. I am going through the effort of creating this out of boredom. Might add more to this later, but despite my boredom I am still lazy and donít wanna fill out every single skill and how it all would relate to other classes, at least atm.

Main ideas:

• A new branch on each main class tree (warrior/archer/priest/mage)

• New weapons suitable for said classes and possibly a few other classes.

• New skill type.

Classes:

Warrior-Engineer
Has 3 immobile summons with various effects. Basically a melee version of a necromancer, debuffs included. No shield or duel wield. Uses all melee weps, guns, relics.

Archer-Acrobat
Skill to jump back a very short distance in stealth leaving fake with much less defense where he was. If targeting acrobat, target swaps to fake on casting and cannot tell the difference. Would like to make it a very much focussed on in-game deception where the best way to opose it is to know the class. Uses knives/swords/polearms/guns/bows

Priest-Bard
Powerful heal over time. Curses and buffs. Songs are instant cast with long casting animation. If done from a mask will revert to normal form. Not all skills are songs, but largely focussed on them. Uses knives, staves, hammers. duel wield talent.

Mage-windwalker
Evade/melee mage. Has a melee skill which pushes back to end of spear range and roots, a long range root, a skill which pulls opponent directly in front of caster, and a buff which adds evade, move speed and provides immunity to stun/root. Skill to turn normal attack to magic for 10 minutes, self cast only. Uses staves, polearms, and relics.

New weapons:
Polearms: slightly weak 2h with range from melee to ranger deadzone. Classes which can equip: windwalker/zerk/engineer/ranger/acrobat

Knives: fastest attack speed + crit rate bonuses. Classes which can equip: archer class, bard

Instraments: in place of relic. Needed for song skills. All classes can use, but Bard makes the heaviest use.

New skill type: Songs-no cast time. Long casting animation. Can stop animation whenever you wish. Effect builds up during casting animation and lasts a certain amount of time after cast is cut. Can continue as long as you have energy. Energy is taken xx/sec. Casting can be interrupted, but effect will last as if song was cut by caster. All classes have at least one song. Example: Wizards might have one to restore energy. Theoretically it would be possible for bosses to be taken down by the correct combination of songs.  

im pretty sure engineer would be another class change for archers... not warriors.... although "Blade dancer" would be a good warrior class change.

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedSep 13, 2012 2:08 pm
A name is just a name really... The way I was looking at the engineer being played though more resembled a warrior class, though I can easily see a class with the same name as part of the ranger tree. As for the blade dancer, great name, but it sounds to similar to me to either an assassin or bezerker.

"Radical Edward's profile is a seven foot tall ex-basketball pro Hindu guru drag-queen alien." ‚ÄēJet Black

Killeritzu

Rank 0
PostedSep 13, 2012 6:11 pm
KurysFlame wrote:
A name is just a name really... The way I was looking at the engineer being played though more resembled a warrior class, though I can easily see a class with the same name as part of the ranger tree. As for the blade dancer, great name, but it sounds to similar to me to either an assassin or bezerker.  
a blade dancer is no assassin xD, its a class who wields 2 two handed swords with ease.

jay9297

Rank 0
PostedSep 15, 2012 9:39 am
lol did u just go to dragon nest and look at their classes?

Killeritzu

Rank 0
PostedSep 17, 2012 8:56 am
jay9297 wrote:
lol did u just go to dragon nest and look at their classes?  

no, most mmorpg that use classes have these classes... <,< eden eternal even does....

jay9297

Rank 0
PostedSep 18, 2012 8:15 am
exactly so why not make up your own stuff like i did instead of doing the same thing other games do

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedOct 11, 2012 3:39 pm
Actually I've never even heard of Dragon's Nest... I just wanted to come up with classes that had different play styles than the ones we already got here, but followed the general theme... Also, this was mainly for fun since the chances of it happenning are just about nil.

Also Jay, looked up your ideas... Don't see how they're that unique. On a side note, your jester class is just a name. No description of play style except adding a weapon which may or may not be entirely unique to the class. The dark priest is either a necro without summons or if it can heal, another cleric. It just is aligned with a different element. Don't know about you, but I really don't put any thought into the elements (dark, light, nature, etc.) in this game in the first place. As for the last 2, they're both just hybrid classes whith one seemingly focussed on offense, the other defense. Don't tell me that is unique. In other words, please don't just down another guys ideas because they're not yours. If you really want to know my inspiration, it's through playing the game and thinking of how different classes would interact with eachother, both already created and not. I'll admit an anime or 2 contributed to the idea for the windwalker and a love for music brought about the bard and the new song skill type.