Ranshalvaz

Rank 1
Ranshalvaz
PostedOct 09, 2012 8:31 am

Titans Server Broken

The Titans server is broken, with basically the same problems as the merge when Legends was created.
Advertisement

Kaliedo

Rank 0
Kaliedo
PostedOct 09, 2012 9:42 am
And in the mean time, my city grain supplies dwindle and my troops prepare to rebel.

GMs are no where to be seen and servers are still online for god knows what reason.

Aeria's finest doing what they do best.

gm_kiko

GameMaster: USA
gm_kiko
PostedOct 09, 2012 11:03 am
Hey all,

We are working on these issues and have been up all night working with our teams to get this solved. We'll post an update when there is one

LadyLilia

Rank 0
PostedOct 09, 2012 12:56 pm
Hi Kiko,

Thank you for information. But fixing the bugs is not acceptable because our cities are running out of grain every hour. If you still thinking of fixing merge bugs, i'm afraid you will loose many players. Merge must be rolled back urgently!

Thanks,
Lilia

TexXxasRanger

Rank 0
PostedOct 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Only solution

...see above ^^...
Only solution to the issues would be rollback and retry with fixes. The sheer volume of complaints for loss of troops alone would be too much to deal with, let alone use of signets, Pythia bonuses, auspicious cards, lucky cards and resource boosts. Multiply that by the number of players on the servers combined and you get some idea of the scale of the problem....hence the rollback solution with a gesture of goodwill for the mess up and loss of game time.
Hope this doesn't cause too many players to abandon ship.

gmdredd

GameMaster: USA
gmdredd
PostedOct 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Re: Only solution

...see above ^^...
TexXxasRanger wrote:
Only solution to the issues would be rollback and retry with fixes. The sheer volume of complaints for loss of troops alone would be too much to deal with, let alone use of signets, Pythia bonuses, auspicious cards, lucky cards and resource boosts. Multiply that by the number of players on the servers combined and you get some idea of the scale of the problem....hence the rollback solution with a gesture of goodwill for the mess up and loss of game time.
Hope this doesn't cause too many players to abandon ship.  

We are considering all options. We will make an announcement with any additional up dates or news.

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedOct 09, 2012 4:52 pm
Considering things can not be built at all, a roll back would only help players with grain issues.

Svena13

Rank 0
PostedOct 09, 2012 5:39 pm
Ten little soldier boys went out to dine;
One choked his little self and then there were Nine.

Nine little soldier boys sat up very late;
One overslept himself and then there was Eight.

Eight little soldier boys travelling to Devon;
One said he stayed there and then there were Seven.

Seven little soldier boys chopping up sticks;
One chopped himself in halves and then there were Six.

Six little soldier boys playing with a hive;
A bumble bee stung one and then there were Five.

Five little soldier boys going in for law;
One got in Chancery and then there were Four.

Four little soldier boys going out to sea;
A red herring swallowed one and then there were Three.

Three little soldier boys walking in the Zoo;
A big bear hugged one and then there were Two.

Two little soldier boys sitting in the sun;
One got frizzled up and then there was One.

One little soldier boy left all alone;
He went and hanged himself

And then there were None.

<a></a>

TexXxasRanger

Rank 0
PostedOct 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Hmmm

...trying not to argue..
NecromancerV wrote:
Considering things can not be built at all, a roll back would only help players with grain issues.  

Lol, think pretty much every player on these servers has grain issues....Hello!!
BTW signets CAN be used, Auspicious cards CAN be used, Resource boosts CAN be used....need I continue? If bugs are fixed players will still have used/wasted these items and whilst I appreciate these items are used in an attempt to control troop losses due to grain issues I would ask you to consider the fact that had these issues not been present; the porting onto grain spots would have been corrective (currently no grain spots present on the map at all), the capture of farmlands would have been corrective (currently armies cannot be used at all), troops could have been moved to other cities to reduce losses (currently cannot move troops at all).
These are well established servers and most players have cities that NEED to be on grain spots, even with resource boosts and maxed farmlands within those cities, in order to keep their troops alive.

Players may be frustrated at not being able to play..they'll get over it.
Players may be angry at unnecessary loss/waste of resources/items and many would likely quit as a result.

I maintain that a roll back and relaunch/retry from the benchmark is the only solution... in my opinion.

Time will tell ;P