SgtGrunt

Rank 0
SgtGrunt
PostedSep 26, 2012 3:28 am

SR-3M 'Vikhr' Penetration

Is it just me or does it really have kind-of bad penetration?
Advertisement

mrstomper

Rank 1
PostedSep 26, 2012 9:10 am
no its not you, the gun is not that great, i mean its good but not worthy of the hype, range is terrible

only way to be effective with it is constantly aiming for the head and not being lazy

faintshadow6

Rank 0
PostedOct 07, 2012 1:58 pm
mrstomper wrote:
no its not you, the gun is not that great, i mean its good but not worthy of the hype, range is terrible

only way to be effective with it is constantly aiming for the head and not being lazy  

i never have any problems with range. maybe it's because i'm used to a veresk on other accounts but i'll use it at up to 15 meters with no problem. it's difficult, but possible. penetration is disappointing coming from the veresk, but it's so stable compared to the veresk i can chain hs with it easily

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedOct 07, 2012 3:20 pm
faintshadow6 wrote:
mrstomper wrote:

i never have any problems with range. maybe it's because i'm used to a veresk on other accounts but i'll use it at up to 15 meters with no problem. it's difficult, but possible. penetration is disappointing coming from the veresk, but it's so stable compared to the veresk i can chain hs with it easily  

if you can chain HS why not just use MP7?

veresk is still the master of time to kill at body due to pebnetration and DPS, but IMO MP7 still the best shop SMG, SR3M is just meh

i was all crazy about it in the past expecting something better than veresk, but its not, the effective range is so bad that at those ranges might as well use a striker12 or a veresk or something

faintshadow6

Rank 0
PostedOct 07, 2012 3:34 pm
XiaoJyun wrote:
faintshadow6 wrote:
mrstomper wrote:

if you can chain HS why not just use MP7?

veresk is still the master of time to kill at body due to pebnetration and DPS, but IMO MP7 still the best shop SMG, SR3M is just meh

i was all crazy about it in the past expecting something better than veresk, but its not, the effective range is so bad that at those ranges might as well use a striker12 or a veresk or something  

veresk is the best at just killing, i agree, but when it comes down to those clutch moments i just find that the 3m serves me better than the veresk. again, i don't really see the difference in effective range since the recoil/bloom of the veresk cuts the effective range for me right down to where the 3m is.

as for the mp7, i just don't like the damage of the mp7, it feels weak. i've chained hs before on all three guns, but it's not a regular occurence for me so i like something a bit more consistent than the veresk and more powerful than the mp7.

mrstomper

Rank 1
PostedOct 09, 2012 9:46 am
if thats what you do the best with then more power to you, i personally prefer the regular aks 74u over both veresks