Sai5sai

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Sai5sai
PostedOct 04, 2012 9:47 am   Last edited by Sai5sai on Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am. Edited 9 times in total

[Guide] Mounts

The non-original manufacturer manual on mounts
Mounts will give you tremendous amount of stat boost on you characters Health, Attack, Defense, Healing and Movement speed. This guide where to get your first mounts, how to upgrade your mounts, how to get rare mounts, and the success rate of getting each mount.

Upgrading your mount

Obtaining your first mounts

Mount stats / success rate

Leveling your mount / FAQ
Advertisement

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedOct 04, 2012 9:47 am   Last edited by Sai5sai on Oct 04, 2012 9:58 am. Edited 1 time in total

Upgrading your mount

Bigger is better, yo!
Upgrading your mounts is the one of the best ways to increase your overall stats and it also gives you more movement which increase your overall movement speed.

Upgrading mounts is almost the same way as upgrading wings. Simply press 'N' to get to the mount upgrade screen or click the Mount icon at the bottom of the screen.

As you can see above, you simply need the required items and mounts.

The materials that are needed to upgrade mounts are: Mount Upgrade Token for semi-rare mounts, Greater Mount Upgrade Token for rare mounts and Therion for very-rare mounts. Mount Upgrade Token (MUT) are dropped by dungeons boss, Greater Mount Upgrade Token (GMUT) can only be obtain in event rewards and purchasable in item mall while Therion are only obtainable from event rewards or Dragon Hunt.

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedOct 04, 2012 9:47 am   Last edited by Sai5sai on Oct 04, 2012 10:01 am. Edited 1 time in total

Obtaining your first mounts

Y I no have mounts?? Dx?!
You get your first mount, the Baby Turtle, by completing lvl 15 optional quest or purchasing it in Miscellaneous vendor at Starglade.

Rabid Raccoon can be obtained by completing lvl 30 optional quest or purchasing it in Miscellaneous vendor at Aurora Point.

Battle Stallion can be obtained by completing lvl 43 optional quest (changed from 45 recently) or purchasing it in Miscellaneous vendor at Bloodfang Village.

The advantage to purchasing mounts is that you can obtain higher mounts at lower levels, giving you an advantage over most players your level.

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedOct 04, 2012 9:48 am   Last edited by Sai5sai on Oct 04, 2012 10:29 am. Edited 2 times in total

Mount stats / success rate

This thing looks cool....but... *poke* what does it do? and how can I change it?
The following mount will list stats, requirements, and average attempt tries are displayed. Very-rare mounts, are only obtainable through Therions have 100% chance of spawn, therefor, only require one attempt.

Semi-rare Mounts

Panther

Turtle,
Mount Upgrade Token x5
Average 3 Tries
  • HP: +2.6%
    Attck: +2.0%
    Def: +2.7%
    Heal: +2.3%
    Movement Speed: 210

Scorpion

Rabid Racoon
Mount Upgrade Token x12
6 Tries
  • HP: +6.6%
    Attck: +5.1%
    Def: +6.8%
    Heal: +5.9%
    Movement Speed: 220

Battle Bear

Battle Horse
Mount Upgrade Token x24
12 Tries
  • HP: +13.2%
    Attck: +10.2%
    Def: +13.7%
    Heal: +11.7%
    Movement Speed: 230

Rare Mounts

Gorilla Titan

Battle Bear
Greater Mount Upgrade Token x36
15-20 Tries
  • HP: +26.3%
    Attck: +20.7%
    Def: +27.3%
    Heal: +23.4%
    Movement Speed: 240

Gryphon

Gorilla Titan
Greater Mount Upgrade Token x38
20-25 Tries
  • HP: +40.5%
    Attck: +31.5%
    Def: +42%
    Heal: +36%
    Movement Speed: 250

Hellwing

Gryphon
Greater Mount Upgrade Token x40

25-30 Tries
  • Level 1
    HP: +54%
    Attck: +42%
    Def: +46%
    Heal: +58%
    Movement Speed: 260

• Level 20
    HP: +74.5%
    Attck: +57.9%
    Def: +77.2%
    Heal: +66.2%

Note: Since the next three mounts have less stats then a Hellwing, some players find it easier just to stop at Hellwing and upgrade it instead of moving on immediately. I included the stats of a level 20 Hellwing to help you with that decision (mounts are leveled with Purified Crystals from the mount interface [Press 'N']). You MUST upgrade through all the next mounts to get great phoenix which requires you to sacrifice your Hellwing.

Very-Rare Mounts (2-Person)

Genbu

10 Therion
  • HP: +12.5%
    Attck: +9.7%
    Def: +13.0%
    Heal: +11.1%
    Movement Speed: 220

White Tiger

25 Therion
Hellwing
  • HP: +20.9%
    Attck: +16.2%
    Def: +21.7%
    Heal: +18.6%
    Movement Speed: 240

Seiryu

White Tiger
75 Therion
  • HP: +55.8%
    Attck: +43.4%
    Def: +57.9%
    Heal: +49.6%

Greater Phoenix

Seiryu
150 Therion

• 'Level 1
    HP: +84.1%
    Attck: +65.4%
    Def: +87.3
    Heal: +74.8%
    Movement Speed: 280

• Level 20
    HP: +116.0%
    Attck: +90.2%
    Def: +120.4%
    Heal: +103.2%
    Movement Speed: 280

Note: A total of 260 Therion are needed to spawn Great Phoenix. Hellwing has better stat boost than the first three 2-Mount Person mount.

Currently the only way to obtain Two Person mounts is by getting Therion Tokens through the Dragon Hunt. These tokens may be exchanged with Ronna the Adventurer in the Tree of Life

Sai5sai

Sai5sai
PostedOct 04, 2012 9:48 am

FAQ / Leveling mounts

Wait....what?
Brief Info on leveling mounts:

Mounts can also be leveled to boost the bonus stats that it will add to your character. Just open your Mount panel (press 'N') and feed him with Purified Crystal.

The maximum level of a mount is 20, the higher the level the higher stat boost it gives. I recommend you to level up Hellwing or Great Phoenix only, since these will be your final mount.

Normal Mount Food can also be used and adds 5 aptitude to your mount. Lesser Mount food adds only 1 aptitude. (There is also a pet version of this)

FAQS

Question?

Answer

How do I get the mount ....?

All information on how to get every mount is in the guide. However, mount quest do NOT come up in your main quest lines. You do have to look in your optional quests to obtain them.

I have 150 Therions and I just went to the dood to get my Greater Phoenix but it won't let me? WHY?!

Please read the requirements for the very-rare mounts above. You must get the requirements as well which pretty much forces you to go through nearly every mount.

How many stars will it take to upgrade my mount??

Look at the guide above, each mount that requires stars or tries has a average try-to-get below it.

I said stars, not tries. :/

Average tries is about the same thing but more precise. Me listing it this way also allows you to calculate the "exact average" amount of materials needed instead of you having to guess how many stars = how many tries.

Where are the event mounts?

It's something I may include soon, but for now, I mainly wanted to include all the in-game obtainable only mounts.

This guide sucks! It doesn't tell me how/why ....?

Sorry to hear you think that. :< but if you have a question that's not answered here, then please post a comment about it and I'll answer it ASAP!

CFromHell

Rank 0
CFromHell
PostedFeb 21, 2013 11:18 am
Do you know what the name of this quest is?

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedFeb 21, 2013 12:16 pm
I dont recall but you get your turtle early on and iirc it should be pretty easy to identify the mount quest from the optional quest menu

Aquaflaire

Rank 0
Aquaflaire
PostedAug 07, 2013 11:09 am

Unable to Mount

I saw some players who are in battle but are still mounted on their Mystical Scorpion. I have a black panther and Rabid Raccoon but i cant keep when while in battle. Is there a way to keep them or do i need to get the scorpion 1st?

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedAug 07, 2013 11:27 am

Re: Unable to Mount

Aquaflaire wrote:
I saw some players who are in battle but are still mounted on their Mystical Scorpion. I have a black panther and Rabid Raccoon but i cant keep when while in battle. Is there a way to keep them or do i need to get the scorpion 1st?  

You need to get the scorpion first. That is the first mount that you can ride in battle. There are also other mounts like the horse that you cannot use in battle sequences.

GMFreedom

GameMaster: USA
GMFreedom
PostedAug 22, 2013 5:09 pm
Thank you for posting just a great guide!