wolvin_god

Rank 0
wolvin_god
PostedSep 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Earning Free AP at what cost?

Downloading for AP??
I was checking some of the AP offers and came across the

VLC Media Player - download application for AP

and it attempted to modify my protected registry keys within my computer and attempted to install malicious software onto my computer.

I'm appalled that you guys would even have this as an option to earn AP.

I'm furious! D:<

Edit: Furthermore it forced me to hard-boot my computer because it caused my computer to to freeze after I tried to close it.
Advertisement

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedSep 20, 2012 3:45 pm
"All offers are provided by external partners. Aeria Games & Entertainment has no direct control over them."

wolvin_god

Rank 0
wolvin_god
PostedSep 20, 2012 3:46 pm
Well I don't like it :c

/angry letter

starstrike45

Rank 1
starstrike45
PostedSep 21, 2012 6:02 am
I agree entirely, AP isnt worth having your computrer screwed over
/excusebadlanguageplease.

starstrike45

Rank 1
starstrike45
PostedSep 26, 2012 5:16 am
Also, @Bambi
If Aeria have no control over the way they provide AP, free or not, then it should not be offered. if people get viruses or hacked by these third party websites, the bricks will fall on aeria. at the very LEAST they'll lose that player.

PS> Love your siggy. :3

funnehGIR

Rank 0
funnehGIR
PostedSep 26, 2012 8:24 am
Ever think about just not doing the downloads? You could take surveys, or watch videos. It's a bit slower, I'll admit, but you still get free AP.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedSep 27, 2012 12:16 am
generally, "free offers" that require downloads are always best avoided. The free AP service is offered by advert companies, rather than Aeria directly, so Aeria only have very limited sway on what appears on the free AP offers page.

<center></center>

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedSep 27, 2012 4:41 am
Free AP offers that requires download usually has a high risk of viruses, so the AP itself is not worth the risk.

pyrolord777

Rank 0
PostedOct 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Earning Free AP at what cost?

Downloading for AP??
wolvin_god wrote:
I was checking some of the AP offers and came across the

VLC Media Player - download application for AP

and it attempted to modify my protected registry keys within my computer and attempted to install malicious software onto my computer.

I'm appalled that you guys would even have this as an option to earn AP.

I'm furious! D:<

Edit: Furthermore it forced me to hard-boot my computer because it caused my computer to to freeze after I tried to close it.  

The only safe offers are the video offers. For download offers use Returnil. Almost all of them are viruses/malware.

pyrolord777

Rank 0
PostedOct 02, 2012 9:19 pm
starstrike45 wrote:
Also, @Bambi
If Aeria have no control over the way they provide AP, free or not, then it should not be offered. if people get viruses or hacked by these third party websites, the bricks will fall on aeria. at the very LEAST they'll lose that player.

PS> Love your siggy. :3  

This has been argued with Gaia Online for a long time when they adopted those dreaded offers and yet theres always the idiots defending it saying, "if you don't like em don't use them". Either way in the end Gaia kept them and Aeria most likely will too. THe good news however is they refined them somehow so their slightly safer.