mondejar20

Rank 0
mondejar20
L.ROVIRA ROAD BANTAYAN DUMAGUETE Philippines
PostedSep 26, 2012 1:49 am

CHARACTER FORGOT PASSWORD...

HOW CAN I CHANGE OR EVEN RETRIEVE MY Character password???
Please help how can i reset my character password !!because i put any password and i forgot what password i used???please help me gm!!
Advertisement

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedSep 26, 2012 4:37 am
Send in a ticket to support to request a password reset. Then they can reset your password.

mondejar20

Rank 0
mondejar20
PostedSep 27, 2012 7:22 pm

what is ticket !!!

what is ticket !!!
what do you mean..i send ticket support...because it's my character password...

Spongeycashew

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Spongeycashew
PostedSep 27, 2012 7:24 pm
If you haven't already, please send in a ticket here . Keep in mind that tickets take up to 48 hours for a reply.

mondejar20

Rank 0
mondejar20
PostedSep 29, 2012 11:55 pm

thnk you Gm

weewew
thnk you Gm

Simisco

Rank 0
PostedJun 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Blah
I'm going to complain about this too, I'm all for security, but when the security fails, It fails

I'm a computer Tech by trade, I own my own company, run game servers, websites the whole 9yards (I have a server box in my home that we run stuff on)

I just logged in after the Patch (I was logged in before the patch just fine) using the Char password I set which is the digits of my cell number (Which I'm not going to post) and it's telling me the password is incorrect, Its not incorrect, I'm double checked how I typed it, and I was just playing the other night before the patch, Using the SAME Char password I set, yet its incorrect? No my account hasn't been compromised so I know thats not the problem

Yet now I have to contact support because the people who created this extra layer of security doesn't bother to add a Email verification for people having these issues or some way of resetting it though email/security question verification process? so now we have to wait for a response to a Ticket?

I had a issue like this on maplestory, it took them a YEAR to get back to me, and they can't even figure out how to change my email address properly, because when you change your email your self, it doesn't untie it from your account, it stays ties but just removes it off your info, (Wonderful design btw, Not..)

they need a way for users to reset their char passwords with other means except Tickets.

Oh, and I can log into GF just fine (Using the same info)....... (which is the same info I used for EE)

Additional Edit: They did get me back in game rather quickly, I put my ticket in a few mins ago and they got me fixed right up when I gave them the info that they needed!, woa that was FAST, My complaint still above stands , but the support people are on the ball about getting you back in fast!

TheCockroach

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
TheCockroach
PostedJun 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Blah
Simisco wrote:
I'm going to complain about this too, I'm all for security, but when the security fails, It fails

I'm a computer Tech by trade, I own my own company, run game servers, websites the whole 9yards (I have a server box in my home that we run stuff on)

I just logged in after the Patch (I was logged in before the patch just fine) using the Char password I set which is the digits of my cell number (Which I'm not going to post) and it's telling me the password is incorrect, Its not incorrect, I'm double checked how I typed it, and I was just playing the other night before the patch, Using the SAME Char password I set, yet its incorrect? No my account hasn't been compromised so I know thats not the problem

Yet now I have to contact support because the people who created this extra layer of security doesn't bother to add a Email verification for people having these issues or some way of resetting it though email/security question verification process? so now we have to wait for a response to a Ticket?

I had a issue like this on maplestory, it took them a YEAR to get back to me, and they can't even figure out how to change my email address properly, because when you change your email your self, it doesn't untie it from your account, it stays ties but just removes it off your info, (Wonderful design btw, Not..)

they need a way for users to reset their char passwords with other means except Tickets.

Oh, and I can log into GF just fine (Using the same info)....... (which is the same info I used for EE)

Additional Edit: They did get me back in game rather quickly, I put my ticket in a few mins ago and they got me fixed right up when I gave them the info that they needed!, woa that was FAST, My complaint still above stands , but the support people are on the ball about getting you back in fast!  

Right off the bat, your complaint sounds like a VERY valid one. Until. that is.. you really sit down and think about the logic behind it. Which, btw, since you run your own company, game servers, websites, and the whole 9 yards, I would think you should have already considered.

The logic behind it being this. As far as security measures go, it would make no sense at all to have a way to reset a character password strictly via email or even security questions. You may ask "Why Roachy, why?!?". Well, the answer to that, is that a great majority of compromised accounts begin WITH that email being compromised. And chances are, if the email has been compromised already, the person who compromised it probably will have no issue at all with the security questions, either.

Sadly this is due to so many people using the same passwords on all accounts, and to a great extent it causes pains for those of us who don't. But character passwords are meant, in the first place, as a last line of defense against anyone who would want to do harm to your account. So sadly, a Support ticket is truly the safest way to verify the owner of an account when resetting one.

I could go into even more logic regarding the issue, but I'm tired and on my way to bed, but hopefully my post will enlighten you (and everyone else) somewhat more regarding the importance of how it currently already works. Smile

Simisco

Rank 0
PostedJun 05, 2013 11:58 pm

*Sniped un-needed stuff*
The logic behind it being this. As far as security measures go, it would make no sense at all to have a way to reset a character password strictly via email or even security questions. You may ask "Why Roachy, why?!?". Well, the answer to that, is that a great majority of compromised accounts begin WITH that email being compromised. And chances are, if the email has been compromised already, the person who compromised it probably will have no issue at all with the security questions, either.

Sadly this is due to so many people using the same passwords on all accounts, and to a great extent it causes pains for those of us who don't. But character passwords are meant, in the first place, as a last line of defense against anyone who would want to do harm to your account. So sadly, a Support ticket is truly the safest way to verify the owner of an account when resetting one.

I could go into even more logic regarding the issue, but I'm tired and on my way to bed, but hopefully my post will enlighten you (and everyone else) somewhat more regarding the importance of how it currently already works. Smile  

Please note: the below are suggestions

Yes, it's quite Usual for people's emails to get compromised, and yes they could even figure out the security question and change it etc... (This is a common problem on games such as WoW etc) but thats when you really should need to put in a support ticket, if your account has been compromised, then they could probably easily get your -Char password- reset taken care of too, "how?"

Theirs one major flaw in this whole new level of security, when they asked me the questions, I was asked a few simple things, "Wlan IP" Which can easily be obtained, and Char names, and then the users real name

if they say compromise your account, They could easily figure out Wlan ip most likely, and Char name is easy... because when you log in, and get to the whole Char thing, the game allows you to see your char names, So boom Free give away on the char names, The char names should be hidden until the password has been entered, this would stop someone from being capable of answering the Questions the Gm's will ask,

None the less, a char reset would be good, sure if they get compromised, then in reality its time to put in a GM Ticket.. Thats what there their for right? To help.. but making people wait around for a response (and some may not be as lucky as I got last night) may end up waiting and who knows these very people who are waiting could have paid money into the game (Invested funds though the item mail)

I might suggest that EE looks at WoW's Authenticator Reset form its pretty well designed, they could take a few ideas from them

but Please take my complaint(To consider?)

and the above "Fault" With the security layer and hopefully fix it please? if you really want to stop compromised accounts, Hide the char names (Until the password is entered) This will stop any account hijackers from knowing the char's names (Which is a requirement to get your char password reset based on the questions I was asked)

I know the logic behind it, and I completely understand it, but I also believe in options that allow a user to get into their accounts quickly and effectively, its been done before

As it stands With out the char name being hidden
"Your freely giving away one of the answers to the account"
people put bits and pieces of information together, (Social engineer, hacking/virus's, keyloggers, direct contact with the pc etc..)

hope the concern is taken seriously.

~Simisco

xyflaire_01

Rank 0
PostedAug 26, 2013 6:26 am
Why i cant log in my former account ? =(
i just Sign in http://edeneternals.weebly.com/ ..Pls return my account

xyflaire_01

Rank 0
PostedAug 26, 2013 6:33 am
How can i do to return my account ? =((