NyokoSilent

Rank 3
NyokoSilent
PostedSep 26, 2012 7:28 am
PigIer wrote:
Sorry, but what the f-ck does the format have to do with it? PNG is far better than .jpg - more colours allowed and better quality besides a smaller file.

And what you see in these forums can't really be called a traditional style; most graphic sites have loads of different styles, I must say I very, very rarely see signatures like you find here elsewhere (not saying the quality differs in any way).

And to the author of the original post; I've seen C4Ds and smudge used very rarely.  
I actually agree with you for once Pigler.

Advertisement

NGBanHammer

Rank 5
NGBanHammer
PostedSep 26, 2012 9:17 am
I can agree that majority of sig makers here follow the same concept, anime related genre mainly with textured background. Anyways, my flashed siggys are unique from this section, so i wont bother about your comment here xD

Youtube id: PvPNinjaGaidenPvP

B4trilogy

Rank 0
B4trilogy
PostedSep 26, 2012 12:53 pm
Lol, no, I believe you guys misunderstood.

Yeah, it was my opinion, I didn't really need to post "IMO" because obviously, art is opinionated, just like comedy, that sort.

Secondly, this "However, most (if not all) anime renders cannot work this way, because if you were to take them outside the fixed aspect ratio of a 500x300 signature, then the render outside will look flat whereas the rest of the signature will have depth. It doesn't work."

I was basing my observations of what I've seen, like this:

Not entirely appealing, but OK nonetheless. We all have different standards.

HOWEVER, I've seen some impressive signatures that are non-traditional style, but let me reword that to "Not TAGS", such as Nyoko's signature. That is why I stated: "There are ways to work around these, of course, art is ever evolving."

The reason I say that the signature style that "pops out of the box" works well with 1st person shooters and that sort is this:

or

And Pigler, I don't even know you, but you let off a bad impression on me. I don't know what's up with you, if I offended you or something, but there's no need direct profanity at me. If that's your way of expressing something, then I understand lol. Sometimes, we all just need to drop the f bomb.

PNGs have bigger files than JPEGs because PNGs allow transparency, which takes up a huge amount of file size. In general, JPEGs are smaller than PNGs, so I don't know where you got that from. I don't know if PNGs allow more color or better quality than JPEGs, but from my experience, JPEGs have slightly higher quality.

Also, I never said this forums used traditional styles :c, stop assuming.

Edit: Also, I've yet to see C4D text here. I should go exploring.

PigIer

Rank 3
PigIer
PostedSep 26, 2012 1:55 pm
B4trilogy wrote:
Lol, no, I believe you guys misunderstood.

Yeah, it was my opinion, I didn't really need to post "IMO" because obviously, art is opinionated, just like comedy, that sort.

Secondly, this "However, most (if not all) anime renders cannot work this way, because if you were to take them outside the fixed aspect ratio of a 500x300 signature, then the render outside will look flat whereas the rest of the signature will have depth. It doesn't work."

I was basing my observations of what I've seen, like this:

Not entirely appealing, but OK nonetheless. We all have different standards.

HOWEVER, I've seen some impressive signatures that are non-traditional style, but let me reword that to "Not TAGS", such as Nyoko's signature. That is why I stated: "There are ways to work around these, of course, art is ever evolving."

The reason I say that the signature style that "pops out of the box" works well with 1st person shooters and that sort is this:

or

And Pigler, I don't even know you, but you let off a bad impression on me. I don't know what's up with you, if I offended you or something, but there's no need direct profanity at me. If that's your way of expressing something, then I understand lol. Sometimes, we all just need to drop the f bomb.

PNGs have bigger files than JPEGs because PNGs allow transparency, which takes up a huge amount of file size. In general, JPEGs are smaller than PNGs, so I don't know where you got that from. I don't know if PNGs allow more color or better quality than JPEGs, but from my experience, JPEGs have slightly higher quality.

Also, I never said this forums used traditional styles :c, stop assuming.

Edit: Also, I've yet to see C4D text here. I should go exploring.  

As for the size, I indeed made a mistake, but PNG still has a higher quality - at least when compressing it stays the same. So, if you do not compress a JPEG image the file is huge and if you do, the quality is lessened. This is coming from a guy that had 700+ KB signatures for quite a while without transparency with JPEG.

About the traditional styles, you kind of did. If I remember correctly (too lazy to look it up) you said exactly that, if not, apologies.

The first person shooters - art is personalized, of course, but I, personally, would not say it's anything near a good quality tag. I very rarely work(ed) with animes, albeit I did, but I have, on several occasions, worked with both smudge (not very successfully) and C4Ds (sometimes somewhat successfully).

B4trilogy

Rank 0
B4trilogy
PostedSep 26, 2012 2:22 pm
PigIer wrote:

As for the size, I indeed made a mistake, but PNG still has a higher quality - at least when compressing it stays the same. So, if you do not compress a JPEG image the file is huge and if you do, the quality is lessened. This is coming from a guy that had 700+ KB signatures for quite a while without transparency with JPEG.

About the traditional styles, you kind of did. If I remember correctly (too lazy to look it up) you said exactly that, if not, apologies.

The first person shooters - art is personalized, of course, but I, personally, would not say it's anything near a good quality tag. I very rarely work(ed) with animes, albeit I did, but I have, on several occasions, worked with both smudge (not very successfully) and C4Ds (sometimes somewhat successfully).  

Wait, so you work with FPS focal signatures? Interesting. I used to do the style of Tuxedo and Ownspeople signatures (not tags). I might revert back to that aswell, I've worked with traditional style signatures for quite too long lewl.

<center></center>

PigIer

Rank 3
PigIer
PostedSep 26, 2012 2:26 pm
B4trilogy wrote:
PigIer wrote:

Wait, so you work with FPS focal signatures? Interesting. I used to do the style of Tuxedo and Ownspeople signatures (not tags). I might revert back to that aswell, I've worked with traditional style signatures for quite too long lewl.  

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1441227 Most of my work is here; I'm nothing special, but I do know a thing or two.