MajaMajaMaja

Rank 1
MajaMajaMaja
PostedSep 01, 2012 9:57 pm   Last edited by MajaMajaMaja on Nov 07, 2012 8:11 am. Edited 4 times in total

[Guide] Templar

General View - What really is a Templar and How to build a Templar.
And again, I pulled this off from my previous post on a certain topic as a response on questions about Templars - Link. Now, I placing this as a new topic separately and form it as a guide.

On this topic, you will be able to know what a Templar is, and how it is build or use to Tank or DPS on PvP/PvE.

First thing that you have to know on Templar, it uses a mix of defensive buffs and holy magic (DMG and Skills) for its overall gameplay (PvE or PvP).

Understanding its skill table below, will definitely teach you what you should focus on, when building a good Templar:

To check on the actual Video Gameplay of Templar Skills, you can on click the link below:
[Class Highlight] The Templar Eden Eternal Skills and Gameplay by Joer

Therefore, aiming for a good Templar for PvE and PvP really has some work on the Magic Side, and just as it is on the Defensive Side class branch it has some plus on the Physical side.

Also, you need to consider the Passive Abilities that each race has to better help you on getting a good Templar.

Passive Abilities

______________________________________________________________________________________

Over all, as said to be using Magic Skills there are a few points in this game that you need to know when building Templar:

Offensive Stats:

Skills (PvE and PvP): The table above doesn't show how much damage those skills can deal, but if you would look in game - Templar has more effective damage when using Holy Magic skills than Physical skills. Thus however, those P-ATK regular skills from the DEF Class Branch tree are still important on both PvE and PvP.

Weapon and Accesories: As a class that uses Mace mainly on skills (esp on Zumi & Anuran Race respectively), this weapon has a balance on P-ATK and M- ATK difference, thus when building a Templar you wouldn't need to worry on leaving a huge difference between your M-ATK from your P-ATK. And yes, you still need Higher M-ATK considering Magic skills driven by Templars. Effective accessories (Necklace, Rings, Capes, Trophies etc.) are the ones that proc LCK, AGI, INT, M-ATK, M-CRIT and Cast SPD.

Defensive Stats:

Skills (PvE and PvP): Templar has the most effective skill buffs to easily capped Block and obtain high magic damage reduced. Plus, being on the DEF Class Branch it has a high acquired overall Defense Stats.

Armors and Accesories: : IMO, Armors for Templar can be the cheapest and easy to obtain but effective in general. You can get purple or blue armors with effective stats and bonuses that will help you aim what is important on Templar, either way you can choose to get the fame or crafted armors but you have to remember that those armors are focused on Physical Defense Class stats/bonus which is unlikely to have on Templar. But yes, you can still take those but you need a proper gem'ming and fortifications. Effective accessories (Necklace, Rings, Capes, Trophies etc.) are the ones that proc AGI, EVA and DEF or STR for Block Rate but not necessary especially if you're a Human Race.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, now lets move on to Templar Game Play; This will show you how Templars work on PvP and PvE.

Templar on PvP:

Templar is one of the toughest class and effective PvP Class with its defense mechanism and high DMG Holy Skills.
+ + skills in close battle are deadly especially if you CRIT High. Targets has no escape when KD'd and debuffed with -30% Move SPD and decreases Holy Resistance (when Sacred Light glyph is active).

Templar on PvE (Solo or w/ Party):

Since Templar is one of the Class in DEF Branch tree it is also effective in Party PvE and Solo PvE. With its High DEF Mechanism and Survival ability it can definitely Tank anything.

Malice Generation: Malice is important on PvE Tanking, Taunt Monsters for effective grinding and team survival when in a dungeon party.
+ + Skills are the most effective Malice Generation abilities on Templar. When Anger of Declaration is active, Taunting using Provoke is highly efficient to hold mobs, plus the Judgement Impact skills that provides extra malice on each attack.
Respectively, on the background, Class Knowledge Points on Templar Pioneer is important too for more effective Malice Generation it adds +4% Malice on each point and can maxed till 5 points at +20%.

For more information about Malice Generation, you can visit this Guide Link.

Survival: Templar also comes with Healing and Remove Debuffed skills for an effective self-survival in PvE and PvP as well.
+ + are the Templar Healing Skills, mostly efficient when Cast SPD is High with decent WIS stats(WIS can be obtained from Armors and Accessories with WIS stats).
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, Heroic Traits. Below is the most fit Heroic Trait for Templar.

Crack Shot Heroic Trait gives LCK +10% and +10% M-CRIT DMG which LCK influences CRIT and M-CRIT Rate and ACC. These traits are important on building a Templar.

How about Knowledge Points Distribution? Well I'm leaving the KP Distribution on everyone who want to make a Templar, all the information above can help you how are you going to set your points on Templar. Also, building KP considers what type of armor you are going to use for your Templar Class.

Alright, I hope will help everyone who want to make a Templar Class. Very Happy Any Comments, Suggestions or Questions are open, just feel free to leave a response on this thread. Thanks for reading Smile

Images and Table source: Eden Eternal Wiki - Templar
Advertisement

pear48.1990

Rank 0
pear48.1990
PostedSep 02, 2012 8:15 pm
Hi there, I used to play in the US server but I moved to the Spanish server and lvl 60 is coming soon so I'm getting prepared for my templar.

I'm currently a zumi with the eva trait and I'm unsure whether to be a pvp templar (which would imply to change my trait) or to be a pve tank (highwind's build like). I'm thinking on making a "highwind" templar but I'm unsure on how it will perform on pvp since it has no mcrit rate. I was thinking I could maybe get a second purple mace for pvp to somehow compensate the lack of mcrit rate with more matk. How do you think that would perform? what do you think are the weak points of highwind's build?

MajaMajaMaja

Rank 1
MajaMajaMaja
PostedSep 02, 2012 11:01 pm
pear48.1990 wrote:
Hi there, I used to play in the US server but I moved to the Spanish server and lvl 60 is coming soon so I'm getting prepared for my templar.

I'm currently a zumi with the eva trait and I'm unsure whether to be a pvp templar (which would imply to change my trait) or to be a pve tank (highwind's build like). I'm thinking on making a "highwind" templar but I'm unsure on how it will perform on pvp since it has no mcrit rate. I was thinking I could maybe get a second purple mace for pvp to somehow compensate the lack of mcrit rate with more matk. How do you think that would perform? what do you think are the weak points of highwind's build?  

Hi and thanks for your response on this thread.

In this guide, I anticipated Templar as a Magic Tank that does a lot of Magic Attacks than Physical ones but with a strong Defensive side on both Physical and Magic damages. In other words, I see this class as a Hybrid type that needs to consider both of its abilities (Magic as Offensive and Defensive Skills) and capabilities (Physical and Tanking Attributes). Below, I would like disambiguate both of this:

Templar Abilities (Magic as Offensive and Defensive Skills)

- As being said, Templar has High Holy DMG skills that are effective on gameplay, either PvP or PvE.
- Has a strong Defensive mechanism that can fully sustain block and magic reduced through buff skills or build.

Templar Capabilities (Physical and Tanking Attributes)

- Since Templar is in DEF Class Branch, it has a capability to do Physical attributes which involves P-ATKS and Taunting.
- Tanking attributes includes strong defenses thru Armors (Heavy Armors), Taunting (Malice) and Survival (Block, DMG Reduced, & Self-heal).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking at Highwind's build - she focused more on Templar Capabilities over its Abilities. Thus mean, her Templar has high Survival Rate than Damage Rate.

Weak Points:

• Low M-ATK and M-CRIT DMG - Since Templar uses Magic as its main offensive skill Highwind's Templar won't be able to generate huge damages on Target either PvE or PvP.
  • Low LCK - LCK influences CRIT & M-CRIT Rate and ACC, chances to perform possible hits and criticals are very low.

Strong Points:

• High AGI - AGI influences EVA, Parry, Cast SPD & ATK SPD. Evasion is important when it comes to survival, the higher the EVA, higher the chances of missed hit from opponent however it won't work on High ACC opponent. Cast SPD is important on Templar for its Survival capabilities, the more the Cast SPD is the higher rate you can Cast Self heal.
  • High Malice - Highwind's KP distribution has a maxed Malice points to +20%, thus Taunting and aggro chances are high.
  • High WIS - Highwind uses an Armor set that has WIS Stats and bonus, the higher the WIS, the better and effective heals from the Templar Healing Skills.

*Remember this is just a review of Highwind's Templar build and I do not oppose neither criticize her idea of Templar Class.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Moving on to your inquiry about Templar on Zumi:
pear48.1990 wrote:
I was thinking I could maybe get a second purple mace for pvp to somehow compensate the lack of mcrit rate with more matk. How do you think that would perform?  

If you were thinking to get 2 Maces (Main and Off-hand) while on PvP. Yes, you'll get more ATK & M-ATK since Zumi has a bonus Passive Abilities of +5% P/M-ATK when equipped with Mace. However, that doesn't mean you'll get more M-CRIT or M-CRIT DMG even the maces you equipped has bonuses for Magic attributes. Also, removing Shield as Off-hand will nullifies your ability to Block and use Templar's Magic Reduced and Block Increase Skills.

And since we're already talking about Zumi for Templar Class, I'd like to share this overview of how Zumi do Templar Class on PvP or PvE.

Always remember all the perks like Racial skills and Class Bonus/Passive Abilities when building a class on Eden Eternal.

Like on Zumi, when you are planning to focus on Templar Class:

Passive Abilities:

Thus mean, Zumis can easily get higher P/M-ATKs when building a Templar using Mace.

Racial Skills:

Both skills are intense when used in PvP or PvE.

Zumi Templar on Action (PvE or PvP)

With its Racial capabilities combined with class abilities here's how Zumi Templars work.

+ + +
With its Draw In Power, Knockdown and -70% Move SPD enemies will have no escape of Zumi's Deadly Holy DMG. This combo can be use on both PvP and PvE.

+ + +
With its Self DoT Heal, single heal with chances to increase +10% Healing in-take and remove negative debuffs, who needs a Cleric to survive? This combo can be use on both PvP and PvE.

Overall, as I can see - Zumi Race is one of the Best choice to build for a Templar class.

Alright, I think I have said enough Very Happy and I'm hoping this will help you on your Zumi Templar Journey. Good luck and enjoy the game more! Any comments, suggestion or questions are open - just feel free to leave a response on this thread. Thank you!

<html><CENTER><br>Sanctify - Sapphire</CENTER></html>

pear48.1990

Rank 0
pear48.1990
PostedSep 02, 2012 11:54 pm
MajaMajaMaja wrote:

Looking at Highwind's build - she focused more on Templar Capabilities over its Abilities. Thus mean, her Templar has high Survival Rate than Damage Rate.

Weak Points:

• Low M-ATK and M-CRIT DMG - Since Templar uses Magic as its main offensive skill Highwind's Templar won't be able to generate huge damages on Target either PvE or PvP.
  • Low LCK - LCK influences CRIT & M-CRIT Rate and ACC, chances to perform possible hits and criticals are very low.

Strong Points:

• High AGI - AGI influences EVA, Parry, Cast SPD & ATK SPD. Evasion is important when it comes to survival, the higher the EVA, higher the chances of missed hit from opponent however it won't work on High ACC opponent. Cast SPD is important on Templar for its Survival capabilities, the more the Cast SPD is the higher rate you can Cast Self heal.
  • High Malice - Highwind's KP distribution has a maxed Malice points to +20%, thus Taunting and aggro chances are high.
  • High WIS - Highwind uses an Armor set that has WIS Stats and bonus, the higher the WIS, the better and effective heals from the Templar Healing Skills.

*Remember this is just a review of Highwind's Templar build and I do not oppose neither criticize her idea of Templar Class.

Wow! thanks for such an extensive answer.Your answer made me think that putting so much into effort into EVA in a templar might be counter intuitive, since it doesn't have any EVA abilities and all of the EVA would have to come from fortification bonuses & enchants, plus it can get countered by other full luck players (which most of the strong mage/warlocks/engi are).

By sacrificing AGI I would lose cast speed, thus my self-healing abilities, but I can still use mechanical shield to save my *** every now and then. My point is that maybe I can just forget about the EVA and cap 50% block and full m-crit all along and still have that tank survivability.

Do you think I would do fine in PvE just with the blocking? It would mean I would get hit 50% of the times, right?.

This decision would mean that I probably shouldn't go for a complete orange set, since it has no INT at all, and go for a blue one with STR INT and LUK instead. Has anyone tried this kind of build or is it just me saying nonsense xD?

MajaMajaMaja

Rank 1
MajaMajaMaja
PostedSep 03, 2012 6:08 am
pear48.1990 wrote:

Wow! thanks for such an extensive answer.Your answer made me think that putting so much into effort into EVA in a templar might be counter intuitive, since it doesn't have any EVA abilities and all of the EVA would have to come from fortification bonuses & enchants, plus it can get countered by other full luck players (which most of the strong mage/warlocks/engi are).

By sacrificing AGI I would lose cast speed, thus my self-healing abilities, but I can still use mechanical shield to save my *** every now and then. My point is that maybe I can just forget about the EVA and cap 50% block and full m-crit all along and still have that tank survivability.

Do you think I would do fine in PvE just with the blocking? It would mean I would get hit 50% of the times, right?.

This decision would mean that I probably shouldn't go for a complete orange set, since it has no INT at all, and go for a blue one with STR INT and LUK instead. Has anyone tried this kind of build or is it just me saying nonsense xD?  

Tanking on PvE doesn't really need to be focused on EVA since Tanks are build to have a shield for efficient survival. EVA cannot stand High ACC opponent while Block can. And Eva turns 0 when stunned. But when it comes to Templar as a Tank, you have to remember the following points below to better understand how Templar can be an effective Tank to PvE or even PvP without worrying about EVA.

Defensive Buffs

• - The higher the level of this Buff, the greater Block bonus you get when it is active.
  • - The higher the level of this Buff, the greater the amount of reduced M-DMG taken when it's active. Remember, M-DMG comes in many forms - Ice, Fire, Lightning, Holy, Dark and Nature. Thus mean, when this buff is active - this will be considered as an extent to your Templar Elemental Resistances.

Certificates

• - When equipped with a Shield, Shield Block chance increases +5%. Meaning when this is equipped, it won't be hard for you to cap Block chances.
  • - All Elemental Resistances +5%. Relative to Templar's -M-DMG buff, the more resistances you had, the greater the chances to reduced all types of Magic Damage taken.

Templar Cast SPD

About Templar's Cast SPD for healing, this isn't normally being a problem since it doesn't really need to be on high amount. However important but not necessary because Templar has a huge amount of Defensive mechanism to be able to stand high damage opponents, plus the offensive skills. Also, there's a Templar Instant Heal that can fully sustain your HP once in near death.

To answer your inquiry on this thread:
pear48.1990 wrote:

The answer is, Yes. From the mentioned points above, Templar with just Block is effective on PvE.
pear48.1990 wrote:

Yes, there are a few people who succeeded on making an M-CRIT/DPS Templar using blue and purple equips. and I know some of them.

Templar Build Types

• Hybrid Type - Templars with decent M-ATK, M-CRIT Rate, M-CRIT DMG balanced with EVA and Block. These are the best Templars who can perform DPS and survive at the same time.

• M-CRIT or DPS Type - Templars with decent M-ATK, M-CRIT Rate, M-CRIT DMG but loses some amount of EVA or Block. These types mostly focused on PvP System.

• Survival Type - Templars with decent amount of EVA and Block but greatly loses M-ATK, M-CRIT and M-CRIT DMG. They are sometimes called "Tankplars". and mostly seen in TW and Dungeon party grinds.

Known Sapphire Templars

They aren't the best players I've seen in Sapphire but they are the most people who succeeded on building Templar class on each types.

Hybrid Type
  • Godesque (Human)

M-CRIT or DPS Type
  • Yuzero a.k.a. Sekundes (Human)
  • SeptemberX (Human)
  • Blitsboy (Zumi)
  • BlueFrog (Anuran)

Survival Type
  • Highwind (Human)
  • Uxi (Human)
  • Onich (Human)

Some of them already quit the game and some of them are still active and some, I don't know Very Happy
They are also the people whom I referenced and who influences me on making this guide. And the credits are all for them.

Alright, again, I hope this response will help you on understanding Templar. Any comments, suggestions or questions are open, just feel free to leave a response on this thread. Thanks!

<html><CENTER><br>Sanctify - Sapphire</CENTER></html>

pear48.1990

Rank 0
pear48.1990
PostedSep 03, 2012 8:55 am
Thanks again for your wisdom. Now that you mention Godesque I remember him from arena back then on the lvl 60 cap, he was someone you didn't want to come across. Even tough the hybrid type seems interesting I don't see how can decent M-CRIT and EVA be achieved in lvl 60 while still having 50% block. Let's say I aim for 50% block, 50% EVA and 50% M-CRIT. Where would I get the 50% block from? probably from gems, certif and set's STR. And what about the EVA? that would mean I'd probably need AGI bonuses on my fortification. How would that leave any place at all for M-CRIT rate? Though in theory it seems interesting I don't see how I can achieve this particular kind of templar in game.

Thanks for your input, it is really insightful!

satorare

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2012 10:34 pm
MajaMajaMaja wrote:
M-CRIT or DPS Type - Templars with decent M-ATK, M-CRIT Rate, M-CRIT DMG but loses some amount of EVA or Block. These types mostly focused on PvP System.  

what's the best armor and gems for this m-crit build since no armor provide int for the defense class?

MajaMajaMaja

Rank 1
MajaMajaMaja
PostedSep 07, 2012 6:46 am   Last edited by MajaMajaMaja on Nov 07, 2012 8:17 am. Edited 1 time in total
satorare wrote:
MajaMajaMaja wrote:
M-CRIT or DPS Type - Templars with decent M-ATK, M-CRIT Rate, M-CRIT DMG but loses some amount of EVA or Block. These types mostly focused on PvP System.  

what's the best armor and gems for this m-crit build since no armor provide int for the defense class?  

There are a few Purple and Blue ranked Heavy Armors that can be looted from monsters, miniboss or dungeon bosses that has the needed stats for M-CRIT Templars. Some of the M-CRIT Templars I know uses Purple and Blue ranked armors and I see them placing LCK Elimination Gems on it for higher M-CRIT Rate.

Sekkkkkky

Rank 1
Sekkkkkky
PostedSep 12, 2012 6:44 pm
Nice guid Very Happy 10/10

Yuzero

MajaMajaMaja

Rank 1
MajaMajaMaja
PostedOct 07, 2012 10:30 pm   Last edited by MajaMajaMaja on Nov 01, 2012 6:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Templar Guide Links

For Templar Wannabe Reference :)
This is the list of people who made some Topics about how to build a Templar.

1. Highwind's Templar Guide
2. Yuzero's Templar Guide