GrassPrincess

Rank 0
GrassPrincess
PostedJun 30, 2012 11:23 pm

A Story About Over Comming The Darkness

I'm not great at writing stories, but I hope you like this one.
[b]Chapter One

Laura looked out over the edge of the balcony gloomily. It was a dark rainy day and the town seemed dreary with the large clouds looming over it's many buildings, warping the sun's light into nothing. It had been raining for a long time now, plants were getting so drenched in rain that food was hard to grow. Things seemed dull and meaningless with out the light glimmering through the town. She sighed, wanting the rain to stop so she could go on with her life. She walked slowly through the open door back into her room which was alight with candles. She walked to the small window which housed a small red rose, floating in a water filled vase. With no light, the flower seemed to wilt and wither. She ran her fingers along the soft petals of the flower saying soflty "It's a shame, with this rain you get the water you need but not the sun that plants so love." she slipped out of her room and down into the castle gardens, which were now muddy and half flooded. She struggled to keep her balance as she sloshed through the mud to get to the grounds keeper's tiny shed. He was always inside trying to grow herbs and flowers. She finally opened the door to the shed where Arwin, the grouds keeper, looked up from a small ammount of herbs spread across the work bench.

He smiled saying "Princess Laura, it is good to see you, but shouldn't you be in the castle attending to your role as the kingdoms leader?" "It's lovely to see you as well Arwin. Please, the rose your son gave me the other day is dying and I wanted you to look after it." "Ah, the rose, yes let me see...hmmm...it seems it hasn't gotton the sun light it needs. And maybe a bit to much water..." he trailed off looking out the small hole in the shed, which was a poor kind of a window. Laura thanked Arwin and smiled saying "The queen is feeling better thanks to your herbs. I thank you for helping my mother overcome her sickness." "Of course Princess!" Laura swept out of the castle gardens and into her room. She slowly took the shoes from her feet and pushed them under her bed. "My father would be most angry if he found out that I was sloshing through mud for a tiny flower..."

(( I hope you enjoyed it so far, if you want to hear the next part let me know if it was any good and I'll try again! Thanks! Very Happy ))
Advertisement

NickInHD

Rank 0
NickInHD
PostedAug 09, 2012 11:42 pm
sounds like someone ripped of a barbie movie, no offence, theres not a lot to go off with no future signs of a plot other than some dude looking after the rose.

GothicMaid24th

Rank 0
GothicMaid24th
PostedAug 24, 2012 8:40 pm
Wow, honestly I think that was a little over the top guy! I've seen that some writers simply use thier first post to introduce a charecter as they are before the turning point in the story so that you can see how they change over time. And I think the rose was more than just a dying flower but no one said you had to like it. ^v^ Well, any how I liked the story so far! You should post more for sure!