iZinDiaN

Rank 2
iZinDiaN
PostedJul 27, 2012 6:35 am

PGM Freedom or FRF2?

So I got 13k AP to spend ...

Which one is better, PGM Freedom or FRF2? And is the PGM Freedom mod-able?

Hi.
Advertisement

Shaawty_AVA

Rank 1
Shaawty_AVA
PostedJul 27, 2012 6:38 am
PGM freedom is same as the normal one, just painted. And if you don't have FR-F2 i suggest you getting FR-F2 before the pgm.

Limousines

Rank 3
PostedJul 27, 2012 6:42 am
There is no difference between the PGM and the PGM Freedom. idk if it's mod-able, probably is, since it's just a reskin, but you can check if it is, click on "buy", then when there's an option on the gun whether it's permanent or expendable (only permanent in this case), click OK, and then you can choose/check what mods you can put on, before you purchase the gun.

As for buying the FR-F2 with AP, I wouldn't just to save money, purely because of the fact that the FR-F2 can be bought with Euros instead, rather than paying $15 to simply save like 2 days of grinding levels.

The FR-F2 is statistically the better sniper rifle, has better damage, larger magazines (has a 10 round magazine mod), more reserve ammo too, starts with 5/25 whereas the PGM has 5/15, sharpshooter scope is pretty much an instantaneous scope in, although the PGM's precision scope is pretty fast too.

But the PGM Freedom is a limited edition item, the only reason I'd buy is to collect it, or if I didn't have a PGM and below the rank of SFC1. If you like the reskin, buy the PGM Freedom, but it's nothing to brag about, just tells people you spent $15

Androgynous

iZinDiaN

Rank 2
iZinDiaN
PostedJul 27, 2012 6:52 am
Limousines wrote:
There is no difference between the PGM and the PGM Freedom. idk if it's mod-able, probably is, since it's just a reskin, but you can check if it is, click on "buy", then when there's an option on the gun whether it's permanent or expendable (only permanent in this case), click OK, and then you can choose/check what mods you can put on, before you purchase the gun.

As for buying the FR-F2 with AP, I wouldn't just to save money, purely because of the fact that the FR-F2 can be bought with Euros instead, rather than paying $15 to simply save like 2 days of grinding levels.

The FR-F2 is statistically the better sniper rifle, has better damage, larger magazines (has a 10 round magazine mod), more reserve ammo too, starts with 5/25 whereas the PGM has 5/15, sharpshooter scope is pretty much an instantaneous scope in, although the PGM's precision scope is pretty fast too.

But the PGM Freedom is a limited edition item, the only reason I'd buy is to collect it, or if I didn't have a PGM and below the rank of SFC1. If you like the reskin, buy the PGM Freedom, but it's nothing to brag about, just tells people you spent $15  

Thanks. Is there any gun I should buy with AP? Or any armor or something? Cuz of that "Spend 1 AP and get free package" thing. I'm mainly a Sniper and then a Rifleman.

Hi.

KillaLurusk

Rank 0
PostedJul 27, 2012 7:00 am
iZinDiaN wrote:

Thanks. Is there any gun I should buy with AP? Or any armor or something? Cuz of that "Spend 1 AP and get free package" thing. I'm mainly a Sniper and then a Rifleman.  

you can buy every gun in the shop with euros, so you could go for 09 armor + capsule weapons (it's not sure that you win, buy when its low)
mosin is with frf2 the best sniper
FG = best rifleman
Blue Skull = awesome shotgun
alligator = nice RM weapon, too.. but not OP or whatever just no recoil and no bloom

Limousines

Rank 3
PostedJul 27, 2012 7:01 am
Well if you truly want to get the most out of your money (squueze the most out of every penny), only buy with AP, AP-exclusive items, like capsules, Iyan 09 armour, et cetera.

edit: as lurusk added, if you're truly a money-grubber (just kidding) only go for the best capsule gun weapons, such as the FG42 (insanely buffed M14, barely any recoil whatsoever, HS machine), G36 Alligator, AK47 Predator, or if you're a sniper, go for the Mosin Nagant, that's pretty much a FR-F2 with a scope that has no zoom on it. /edit

There are some euro-shop guns that may be worth buying with AP, such as the top-tier ones, that are unlocked at MSG1, i.e. the Para rank. Such as the Para (obviously) and the FR-F2. The other top tier guns, like the M4 MK3 and PGM, that are unlocked at SFC1 (light blue), are sorta worth buying with AP if you can't be bothered grinding exp, or waiting until you rank up, but it's really not that hard to reach SFC1.

That "spend 1AP" event, if you want to be cheap, buy a 1 day Heartbreaker I grenade, it's only 20AP, and it's the cheapest item in AVA. If you were planning on buying a gun with AP in the first place, before the event was announced, you might as well go for the PGM Freedom, because it's limited edition, and you were probably planning on AP'ing the regular PGM anyways, and you could buy the FR-F2 with euros some other time

If you do go for the PGM, you won't be disappointed, put on the +15 DMG barrel on, and the precision scope, you don't need anything else, grips and triggers are purely optional.

KillaLurusk

Rank 0
PostedJul 27, 2012 7:09 am
Limousines wrote:
Well if you truly want to get the most out of your money (squueze the most out of every penny), only buy with AP, AP-exclusive items, like capsules, Iyan 09 armour, et cetera.

edit: as lurusk added, if you're truly a money-grubber (just kidding) only go for the best capsule gun weapons, such as the FG42 (insanely buffed M14, barely any recoil whatsoever, HS machine), G36 Alligator, AK47 Predator, or if you're a sniper, go for the Mosin Nagant, that's pretty much a FR-F2 with a scope that has no zoom on it. /edit

There are some euro-shop guns that may be worth buying with AP, such as the top-tier ones, that are unlocked at MSG1, i.e. the Para rank. Such as the Para (obviously) and the FR-F2. The other top tier guns, like the M4 MK3 and PGM, that are unlocked at SFC1 (light blue), are sorta worth buying with AP if you can't be bothered grinding exp, or waiting until you rank up, but it's really not that hard to reach SFC1.

That "spend 1AP" event, if you want to be cheap, buy a 1 day Heartbreaker I grenade, it's only 20AP, and it's the cheapest item in AVA. If you were planning on buying a gun with AP in the first place, before the event was announced, you might as well go for the PGM Freedom, because it's limited edition, and you were probably planning on AP'ing the regular PGM anyways, and you could buy the FR-F2 with euros some other time

If you do go for the PGM, you won't be disappointed, put on the +15 DMG barrel on, and the precision scope, you don't need anything else, grips and triggers are purely optional.  

he could buy a shovel instead, which is 20 AP, too, and just play some soccer for fast exp Smile

also the ROF trigger on the PGM is nice.. it increases the quickswitch speed a bit, afaik..

Limousines

Rank 3
PostedJul 27, 2012 7:12 am
I'm not a competitive clan war player, so those extra milliseconds that the trigger gives you doesn't help me, but the point is, the only essential mods for the PGM are the damage barrel, for 114 DMG, and the precision scope, because the basic is slower than the TPG's basic.

My FR-F2 has no mods. I don't find the long range barrel useful, maps aren't big, and even on Gallery, I can 1 hit kill consistently without the LRB, basic scope's speed is fine for public matches, don't need the sharpshooter scope, and the 10 round magazine, I don't play demo where people listen to reloads, so reloading often isn't a concern to me.

Androgynous