aurorasoltice

GameSage: Eden Eternal
aurorasoltice
PostedMay 18, 2012 9:59 pm
@Nathaniel: true it's rather rare to find a party for dungeons however I believe there's also another reason to it, not just people prefer to solo grind. Tbh for levelling up, at least in sturm, it's faster to duo or trio all the way for mobs than running alone and grind a few mobs only. People solo it mostly for farming, I think, which is more effective than running in groups (if you need gold). The silver drops when you're in group and the loot are divided, it doesn't give you much. I do dailies almost everyday, from collosal up, in a party, and it gives me about idk, 100-200g? Depending if I'm lucky with the drops or not. And it took at least an hour to finish all four, sometimes 1,5 or almost 2. Compared to that, grinding alone gives gold much faster and more effectively. Secondly, about party, actually try making your own party. That's what I do. Of course if you're a dps, it'll be harder, but make your own. You can play the class you want if you make the party. Anyway, I do dungeons and trial runs a lot, in a party, but basically I see that people prefer to go with those they know, especially in higher level dungeons and more even in trials. There's no guarantee that if they look for other people, the one joining will be a good, or at least decent one. For me, i don't really mind with low dps-er but you know if it's too low, that means the others work more to cover that member, right? Oh I find that a lot, I sometimes go with random parties and when I'm unlucky most of my party members contribute nothing and that's sucks a lot. Not to mention if they just take the loot all the like while some others do all the work. That's why I usually go with my guildie or sometimes I get invitations from friends. I do make party for instances that I think I can handle in worse case, otherwise I prefer to play it safe.

Idk about the others, but I think most people prefer to go with those they know.

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedMay 19, 2012 3:25 am
Nathaniel222 wrote:

Dude, some imagination please. I will make it short:

- Make dungeons impossible to solo (no matter how good your gear is)
- Raise money dropping inside of dungeons
- Raise the daily reward for dungeons on higher levels from those ridicoulus ~15g to f.e. ~50g

Result = people will look for parties ALL the time. You need money? Look for a party!

You can't get all 14 classes to max level? So what? Make a decision on which certs you really need. That will bring some variety to the table rather than everyone has every certificate.  

Dude you have no idea what people mean by solo running dungeons.....
People DON'T kill the bosses when they solo run them, they only kill the mobs up to the first boss or some particular room. And a lot of times there are fireball shooting mobs between them. Running sturmfrau for an hour gives you 300-600g depending on the drops you get, no quest party or full dungeon run can make up that much in an hour.

People mostly dont look for a party in world/peer cause they ask their guildies and friends who they trust. 50+ the dungeons keep getting harder and some would be impossible to do if you dont have a good healer and tank and have idiotic dpsers that dont take notice of their debuffs or the boss debufffs. Everyone knows this and thats why everyone asks their guildies and/or friends to help them with a dungeon or they rather do the 1p mode to finish the dungeon quest.

Oh and you havent seen the rankings i guess/want to compete in them. To actually compete in rankings you NEED all classes at cap as the others have that, besides being a versatile player gets you a lot farther in the game then one that can only be decent at one class cause he/she didnt lvl his/her other classes. All my guildies and friends have one or two main classes that they geared really good, but all are able to play in most other rolls as well, this makes it alot easier to make parties.

donteharrispc wrote:

Slide-casting in general isn't the problem. The problem is: That it game-breaks melee classes from attacking due to "target to far" and Engineer glitch having (inputs) disallowing all forms of animation to all skills upon entering dungeon. Making slide-casting less feasible in grinding is ultimately not the problem. Not everyone will have high EVA, Hp regen rings, and orange/yellow gear to stand there and spam attacks. Then again, you need a lot of money to do that in the first place.  

This, fix this and slide casting shouldnt be a problem anymore.

MickyVainilla

Rank 2
MickyVainilla
PostedMay 27, 2012 5:49 am

Re: Community Update 5/10

Sighborg88 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I thought it was time for a quick update for everyone on some things going on in EE!

Topic #1: AFK Players in Arena

To clarify, this is not currently a bannable offense. However, we discourage going afk while playing Arena. It ruins the gameplay experience for others. Arena is already very short, is it that much to ask to play it?

Additionally, we are working with X-Legend on solutions for this problem. We will provide additional details when they are ready.

Teaser:
A new currency will be added to EE soon. This currency can be earned in the Arena, but only if you win! A bit hard to win if you're AFK.

Ironic, now we're having even MORE afkers :/

Or maybe I'm just the unluckiest person in the game.

Guild de habla hispana en Lime Oddysey reclutando: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1450357

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
PostedMay 27, 2012 6:51 am
No, there are more because now you have a daily event where doing three arenas as a specific job is worth good exp. And when that specific job is one you have really underleveled, AFKing or playing is almost the same, victory wise.

Alternate Eden Eternal client download: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Eden-Eternal

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedMay 27, 2012 9:04 am
I rather have AFK people in my arena than to not have one at all. Once you get to level 60+ on Diamond server, you can't ever get an arena match unless it's monster arena.

MickyVainilla

Rank 2
MickyVainilla
PostedMay 27, 2012 10:10 am
And about the slide casting in boss arena issue, what about getting rid of penthos and ragnarok and putting just a gun instead? With the same patk and matk value.

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedMay 27, 2012 11:44 am
Easy way to solve the AFKing issue:

For arena recommended events just make it like this: "Must complete 3 arena matches with XXXXX class LEVEL 60+" (or level 40+ or 50+, depending on the level bracket you are in) This will force those who AFK because they're low leveled to either ignore this quest or they just won't get the experience, so they'll be discouraged to do it again. Even better if the requirement would be that the class MUST be at your character level, but that will stir more rage because it'll only allow you to play your best classes and not get a chance to strengthen those just slightly behind you current level.

Or the other healthy alternative: "Must win 3 arena matches as XXXXX class"

But I like my first option better.

davell135

Rank 2
davell135
PostedJun 03, 2012 6:36 pm
coles1 wrote:
davell135 wrote:
for ppl talking about the arena issue, since there isn't an official punishment for afk, (jus discouragement as the new currency is for winners only), a good thing to do is just play with classes that do better at arena. coughyustillmeleecough. no banshere, so jus fight fire with fire.

plus the new currency for winners only will boost the incentive to be more play to win in arena.
u may end up with a afker and maybe that slide cast will be the only thing enabling you to win that last round before arena is shut down for another 2 hours. yes, that afker will be leeching but what can u do bout dat?

monster arena : take out range monsters or make all monsters range? otherwise range > non range 4eva

life isn't fair. i believe that saying can be justly applied to ee arena =D  

coughsomepplneedmeleeclassmedalscough

anyway, telling people to just not play melee classes is NOT a solution.  

sorry for late reply

but because slide casting n afk are not bannable, theres not much you can do about it except get evidence of a player doing it and submit a ticket n hope something gets done about it. that's if they will do anything about in the first place. if your playing 3v3 to win for the joy of winning or rewards like class medals, then y not play with classes that are better fit for arena? you get more honor stars for winning and u can use those honor stars to purchase any class medal. granted it costs 18 stars for 1 medal, it's still a method.

i know, there are quests that require a specific class for arena and there are lots of ppl who just love doin arena as ma. just saying, since there is an official topic on the matter, doesnt look like anything gonna get changed based on what's in this thread. gonna be between aeria and xlegend. and there's a different thread asking for suggestions for arena improvement.

i simply farm arena with range dps and templar and will later by the neccesary medals for equipment wen i need with honor stars i otherwise may not have gotten with melee classes. yah i can use a bow on my melee, but that's not really a solution to the problem.

TymonTheThief

Rank 0
TymonTheThief
PostedJul 26, 2012 4:33 pm
Dash612 wrote:
You should focus on making slide casting less feasible for pvp, not pve  

No kidding. You guys screwed over bard's burning metal to prevent people from earning gold at a decent rate, now you're trying to screw over this too?