The lag *mostly* depends on your PC's Internet connection and video card memory: especially in TW. Having a good rig, or reducing your graphics settings will help loads when facing epic lag.
One thing, i hate here that the issue is MOSTLY blamed on the users....
1. we cant affect global internet usage
2. most have pcs with specs u can run sry to mention that 3-4 Clients of WoW and not laggin on once, playing Bf3 MW3 fluenty on MAX , can play any gamw with NO RANDOM dc but EE
3. my specs Germany/16kbit internet -> dl speed up to 3 mb , 8gb ram, win7 with all visual things deactivated while playing, quadcore 3,4ghz, 1gb nvidia gforce9600gtx x2 with tri-bridge...
and free HDD space of like 100GB
the issues i experience ->
- DC after Arena (Monster AND 3vs3)(mostly when loosing) i have 50% rate in total where i DC
- dc when switching channels 2dcs in 3 months no issue here i think
- instant DC whena ren starts to load, 2 times in 3 months, no prob but started after a patch
- being in guild town idling -> sometimes a lost connection out of nowhere o,o (very rarely)
i mean 1. this cant be all my PC and 2nd why can i download something 8h straight where one DC would mean i had to restart?
2. why can nearly everybody play every other game with NO problems of DC?
3. the DC does not happen while playing, it occours when you switch zones
-> therefore the routines when game needs to load are kinda messed up -> i see that loading starts, alpaca moves a bit jumps back and then it loads properly
-> sometimes it does not jumps back and loads VERY slow and when it reaches end just connection lost popup
- it jumpes back but doesnt load and u get "type here what went wrong" popup...so
it seems the server cant handle a request the client sends or times out or whatever...but when loading/before loading the game seems to check something and there it seems some things go wrong......
i mean seriously i played Fiesta,WoW, Guild Wars, Shot Online and such and all work fine NO dc except my router has his 24h dc....
and if the location determinates how laggy you are its ok, but when it also is an indicator for the amount of DC's the server cant freaking handle it..... i mean having 300ms and lagging ok but when the server cant handle 300ms when it comes to loadscreens...
BUT i never had an dc when 10vs10 was over....so i have the feeling the exit routine of monster and 3vs3 arena are somewhat bugged...maybe just increasing the pending time of requests would help... i mean me having nothing going in background dcs and someone with crappy internet and 10 chrome tabs in BG doesnt?