chinnnc

Rank 4
chinnnc
PostedJun 24, 2012 11:47 am

My movie review: Prometheus

Just came back from watching the movie, Prometheus.

If you haven't watch the trailer, it's here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIJeQNyZ6VE

Visuals 9.5/10

Much better than ordinary special effects that I have watched in other movies. It all fits together well. With its stunning graphics and effects, it left me staring at the screen, admiring the scenery. All seemed extremely realistic to me. This didn't get a perfect score because there are one of those times where the visuals could be slightly better. (e.g. the astro-suits have a scaling problem).

[This may contain spoiler alerts]
Storyline/Plot 7.5/10
The storyline/plot is pretty straight forward, a pair of curious individuals leading a group to discover the creation of life by searching through a pivot cave buried within a planet's moon many-many light years away. But there are some moments that left me in curiosity; also some other moments that did not make sense/not fit well with the storyline. The whole entire movie only took place in 2 locations, the ship itself, which is very big, and the cave in which they discover through. Their robot companion which is supposedly assigned to help the group of humans ended up ruining the potential of the expedition, but in the end, he gets back on the humans' side. These constant aspects in which occur takes the viewer's mind off of the whole purpose of the movie. In this case, which is why this simple storyline is filled with redundant events.

Some events really kept me at the edge of my seat, like really. An abundance of anxiety that has always been within me while watching it, but some other moments, really predictable. [e.g. 1 scene where the girl peeks through a window and some scary thing comes smashing into it making a very loud scary noise]

Cast 8/10
Some were good, some were alright. No bad actors.

Experience 9/10
After watching this movie, this had really set my mind into another universe. It's one of those movies in which you will remember since it's so unique.

AVERAGE 8.5

My overall rating 8/10

Would I suggest you to watch this movie? Yes and no
You may like it, or you may hate it depending on your taste. But 1 thing's for sure, you will NOT love it.
It's not one of those movies in which you will watch again I suppose.
Advertisement

shuyin332

Rank 0
shuyin332
PostedJun 24, 2012 12:50 pm
Wow I like your critic :B

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedJun 24, 2012 1:32 pm
I have not watched this movie n.n

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedJun 25, 2012 7:34 pm
Oi shouldn't have clicked this...

Visuals were a solid 10/10.

Acting from Fassbender was a solid 10/10.

Lindelof's script was a huge mess. Characters were poorly written. Conflicts were introduced and dismissed in record time. At no point in the film did characters react to situations realistically, appropriately, or maturely.

The score was uneven and threw off the tone of the film. Go back and watch Alien or Alien 3. Those scores were absolutely perfect for this style of film. It sets the mood of the film without getting in its way. It was haunting and beautiful, in a disturbing and eerie way. Prometheus's score was bloated, obnoxious, and inappropriate.

And most offensive at all, it wasn't scary. There were a few jump scares, but no lasting tension or suspense.

My final score was 6/10.

My review on IMDB

DevinWT

Rank 4
DevinWT
PostedJul 15, 2012 1:05 am
Someone should do Battleship.

I know it could be consider a 'old' movie as of now, but I still haven't seen it. :3