This month I rate the overall service, a 5 Star.
The biggest contribution to this rating I give , is the increased support of policy enforcement in in the area of harassment which have made many games, and their respective portals, more enjoyed and appealing to everyone, and more welcoming to new players as well as current players that previously did not enjoy the portals for issues related unto. Although this will always be an issue in a community, it is encouraging to those whom do right to keep doing right, when those doing wrong are being taken care of. I hope Aeria continues forward in their strive to maintaining an enjoyable and friendly environment for everyone, and I look forward to assisting and doing my part as a fellow player and community supporter in helping to maintain that environment. Great Job, All Teams.
Other factors that have influenced my rating, include several notes:
- LC Specific - the production rate of support ticket resolutions has increased considerably, and the team has been doing a standup job in responding to them in timely manners. This is noticed by we sages that intercept tickets that "get lost", as the amount of requests we receive has continued to decline. And also, from the piles of sweat towels mounding around the cubicles, and the sound of whips in the background....cough cough kidding lol Special Thanks to PM Erraticrat and GM.Ebilfish for their resolute stance on product testing and for resolving a record number of bugfixes and adjustments in the course of 1 year, an amount that is greater than the total number combined in the past 3 years of previous progress.
- A very special shoutout and thanks to Aeria's Localization Team. You did amazing work in Last Chaos during a previous content expansion and cleaned up "much bad engrish", lol ha ha. Thank you for your support!
- Shaiya Specific - many issues have been plaging the shaiya community for an excessively abnormal amount of time. Aeria responded to these issues with an accurate and decisive strategy with means to provide improvement, after working with the new developer owners Nexxon, and delivered much welcomed news to the players. We all look forward to how this turns out, and thank Team Aeria for their hard effort in this matter.
- Aeria Ignite -- karma to the Ignite team for providing an awesome platform, and for continued exploration to enhancement and expansion of this application. I enjoy having this application for all of my aeria games (and there are many) and being able to launch them from a single location, while having my messages and contacts available as well. I greatly look forward to expansions and enhancements, and I know team will do an awesome job because no one wants to run over by a moose.... ha ha.
- AeriaNOW -- for launching a partnership on Crystal Saga, and Star Supremacy, both of these have been great fun. Especially crystal saga, the daily tournament battles are really fun.
- Volunteer Teams -- I want to acknowledge special thanks to the GS Teams of Eden Eternal, Grand Fantasia, A.V.A, and Lime Odyssey for their support in their communities. As a player of many games at Aeria, I occasionally visit the boards and shout-boxes of those games to chat and help out and learn things about the game, and the atmosphere has always been very pleasant, encouraging, and respectful. It pleases me to see the Sage teams putting forth such hard supportive effort in assisting their fellow players and it has shown in the quality of the environment they strive to maintain, as well as the those playing in it. Keep it up guys/gals <3
Also, last, but certainly not least. I want to give a big thanks to our Forum Sages.
These guys go un-noticed by many, and under-appreciated by many more. Although our Moderator numbers have declined, the ones that remain active and ever vigilant deserve viable recognition for their hardwork and dedication in the support of their community and their fellow supporting teams. I think I can speak on behalf of all the GS Teams and fellow players that we thank you very much for all that you do in helping to keep our forums from turning into a mosh-pit.