How would you rate Aeria Games Service?

5 (Excellent)
9%52 Votes
4
7%39 Votes
3
11%64 Votes
2
11%63 Votes
1 (Poor)
60%336 Votes
Total Votes :: 554 Votes
Author Message

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
Joined
31 Dec 2007
Posts
980
Location
Roma Italy
PostedMay 30, 2012 1:23 am
Sometimes it can't be helped. The last time I bought APs was Sep 2010. Since then I never bought APs anymore because either there is nothing worth buying in a game I'd play (like Domo, nothing new to buy in ages) or the game itself is not worth spending money on (like Eden Eternal in the last three months).
It's not hard to "punish" a company by refusing to spend money, when the company is not selling anything.

Alternate Eden Eternal client download: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Eden-Eternal
Advertisement

footknight

Rank 2
footknight
Joined
19 Apr 2008
Posts
795
Location
Canada
PostedMay 30, 2012 3:49 am
I gave a 2 and thats generous. I used to vote age around 3-4 but that times long gone. Over the course of quite a few years in lc..been hacked twice, lost everything, gm's refused to give anything back, second time they had nerve to call me down and say i was an account sharer. They lost a ap buyer who spent up to several hundred a month that day.

Then to top it all off. We had a large and nice discussion on lc forums, one of most active user threads in years and it gets locked b/c 2 ppl on it cant stop fighting. Why not remove the users, give them bans and let us continue? No take the easy route and just lock the thread. Well thats great, now those two started up in yet another large thread and are threatening to have it taken down as well. Im not impressed.

dragonoa

Rank 2
dragonoa
Joined
21 Jan 2007
Posts
745
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMay 30, 2012 6:02 am
I’ve played Last Chaos since January 2007 and I was a GS from October 2008 to September 2009. Once Aeria’s flagship, the game is not as it was. The population has declined over the years but Aeria is now haemorrhaging players.

The developer (BarunsOn Games) published its own, Korean version of Last Chaos which shut down this year. Despite assertions that BarunsOn would continue to develop Aeria’s version, its future is now in doubt. Aeria has backpedalled on server merges: it smacks of indecision and incompetence.

My criticisms of AGE’s management of LC can be condensed to four words: instability, irresponsibility, profiteering and hostility.

  • Instability: The publishing team lacks stability. Product managers and game masters tend not to stay long.

  • Irresponsibility (The Blame Game): AGE argues that it is not responsible for game content, only customer service and item mall sales. “Gameplay issues are the developer’s fault”, they say. That is of little interest to players. Players don’t care who is responsible for content, only that it’s of a consistently high standard. Publishers are responsible for their titles. If a publisher can’t deliver quality content, they deserve criticism.

  • Profiteering: Making tangible progress without buying from the item mall takes years of work. The drop rates are awful so Aeria sells items to increase them. Rates of XP and SP (skill point) gain are awful so Aeria sells items to increase them. Upgrade success rates for gear are poor and there is a very high chance that a given item will break before it reaches the upgrade soft cap (+18). Aeria, then, sells runes to protect gear from breaking and stones to upgrade gear beyond the soft cap (to +28). You need these items to progress, you need a lot of them and they’re expensive.

  • Hostility: AGE is hostile to constructive criticism. Staff and volunteers (on a tight leash) are heavy handed in moderating the forums, prohibiting discussion of other games and constraining criticism of policies, staff and volunteers. For example, a recent topic on upcoming content was locked when discussion turned to the merits of a public test server.

Aeria’s competitors (NCsoft, etc.) have proven that free-to-play games can be of high quality and that publishers needn’t resort to item mall profiteering. Further, many subscription based games are not only cheaper to play than Aeria’s ostensibly free titles but are of superior quality. I urge Aeria to heed its community. While it would be a shame if AGE collapsed tomorrow, we have elsewhere to go.

torc123

Rank 1
torc123
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Posts
280
Location
London United Kingdom
PostedMay 30, 2012 7:27 am
Avyn wrote:

And we get the cookie cutter statement of - "Such and such developer are being unreasonable and we feel we have no other choice bla bla."  


lol

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
Joined
05 Aug 2008
Posts
6418
Location
Foldereid Norway
PostedMay 30, 2012 8:19 am
dragonoa wrote:
I’ve played Last Chaos since January 2007 and I was a GS from October 2008 to September 2009. Once Aeria’s flagship, the game is not as it was. The population has declined over the years but Aeria is now haemorrhaging players.

The developer (BarunsOn Games) published its own, Korean version of Last Chaos which shut down this year. Despite assertions that BarunsOn would continue to develop Aeria’s version, its future is now in doubt. Aeria has backpedalled on server merges: it smacks of indecision and incompetence.

My criticisms of AGE’s management of LC can be condensed to four words: instability, irresponsibility, profiteering and hostility.

  • Instability: The publishing team lacks stability. Product managers and game masters tend not to stay long.

  • Irresponsibility (The Blame Game): AGE argues that it is not responsible for game content, only customer service and item mall sales. “Gameplay issues are the developer’s fault”, they say. That is of little interest to players. Players don’t care who is responsible for content, only that it’s of a consistently high standard. Publishers are responsible for their titles. If a publisher can’t deliver quality content, they deserve criticism.

  • Profiteering: Making tangible progress without buying from the item mall takes years of work. The drop rates are awful so Aeria sells items to increase them. Rates of XP and SP (skill point) gain are awful so Aeria sells items to increase them. Upgrade success rates for gear are poor and there is a very high chance that a given item will break before it reaches the upgrade soft cap (+1Cool. Aeria, then, sells runes to protect gear from breaking and stones to upgrade gear beyond the soft cap (to +2Cool. You need these items to progress, you need a lot of them and they’re expensive.

  • Hostility: AGE is hostile to constructive criticism. Staff and volunteers (on a tight leash) are heavy handed in moderating the forums, prohibiting discussion of other games and constraining criticism of policies, staff and volunteers. For example, a recent topic on upcoming content was locked when discussion turned to the merits of a public test server.

Aeria’s competitors (NCsoft, etc.) have proven that free-to-play games can be of high quality and that publishers needn’t resort to item mall profiteering. Further, many subscription based games are not only cheaper to play than Aeria’s ostensibly free titles but are of superior quality. I urge Aeria to heed its community. While it would be a shame if AGE collapsed tomorrow, we have elsewhere to go.  

For some reason this seemed awfully familiar. Sure you are not talking about Shaiya?

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
Joined
11 May 2012
Posts
964
Location
United States
PostedMay 30, 2012 10:21 am   Last edited by iDerz on May 30, 2012 11:17 am. Edited 1 time in total
I gave a 1.
As I'm sure you have heard from all the players from DoMO, I pretty much agree to everything said in those posts.

I don't know why I even bother logging on anymore. Oh right... To sell my in game money and buy fanart and quit domo.
The only game I have any hope for from AGE is Lime Odyssey, but by the looks of that, it won't be able for a while. Now, the guys for Lime Odyssey are nice and I know that isn't AGE's fault with the lack of release, but it's the only game I want to play from here.
I recently saw that you posted about job openings. Too bad you don't accept people from out of state (meaning no move to cali). I would try to help with DoMO. Sad
Guess I'll just focus on school and wait for Lime Odyssey.

[edit] Looked at other games... I might try out EE actually... >_> Or Armygeddon... I love those kinds of games LOL

musicman2059

Rank 3
musicman2059
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Posts
1264
Location
Vancouver Canada
PostedMay 30, 2012 10:37 am
billdoor wrote:
dragonoa wrote:
I’ve played Last Chaos since January 2007 and I was a GS from October 2008 to September 2009. Once Aeria’s flagship, the game is not as it was. The population has declined over the years but Aeria is now haemorrhaging players.

The developer (BarunsOn Games) published its own, Korean version of Last Chaos which shut down this year. Despite assertions that BarunsOn would continue to develop Aeria’s version, its future is now in doubt. Aeria has backpedalled on server merges: it smacks of indecision and incompetence.

My criticisms of AGE’s management of LC can be condensed to four words: instability, irresponsibility, profiteering and hostility.

  • Instability: The publishing team lacks stability. Product managers and game masters tend not to stay long.

  • Irresponsibility (The Blame Game): AGE argues that it is not responsible for game content, only customer service and item mall sales. “Gameplay issues are the developer’s fault”, they say. That is of little interest to players. Players don’t care who is responsible for content, only that it’s of a consistently high standard. Publishers are responsible for their titles. If a publisher can’t deliver quality content, they deserve criticism.

  • Profiteering: Making tangible progress without buying from the item mall takes years of work. The drop rates are awful so Aeria sells items to increase them. Rates of XP and SP (skill point) gain are awful so Aeria sells items to increase them. Upgrade success rates for gear are poor and there is a very high chance that a given item will break before it reaches the upgrade soft cap (+1Cool. Aeria, then, sells runes to protect gear from breaking and stones to upgrade gear beyond the soft cap (to +2Cool. You need these items to progress, you need a lot of them and they’re expensive.

  • Hostility: AGE is hostile to constructive criticism. Staff and volunteers (on a tight leash) are heavy handed in moderating the forums, prohibiting discussion of other games and constraining criticism of policies, staff and volunteers. For example, a recent topic on upcoming content was locked when discussion turned to the merits of a public test server.

Aeria’s competitors (NCsoft, etc.) have proven that free-to-play games can be of high quality and that publishers needn’t resort to item mall profiteering. Further, many subscription based games are not only cheaper to play than Aeria’s ostensibly free titles but are of superior quality. I urge Aeria to heed its community. While it would be a shame if AGE collapsed tomorrow, we have elsewhere to go.  

For some reason this seemed awfully familiar. Sure you are not talking about Shaiya?  


Or DOMO even.

"At the end of it all, gamers play what we play not for 'Game Over,' but rather for what we take away." DOMO 2009-2012 (GS 2010-2012) / Playing other games on and off

swoopula

Rank 3
swoopula
Joined
12 Feb 2010
Posts
1339
Location
United States
PostedMay 30, 2012 10:52 am
musicman2059 wrote:
billdoor wrote:
dragonoa wrote:
I’ve played Last Chaos since January 2007 and I was a GS from October 2008 to September 2009. Once Aeria’s flagship, the game is not as it was. The population has declined over the years but Aeria is now haemorrhaging players.

The developer (BarunsOn Games) published its own, Korean version of Last Chaos which shut down this year. Despite assertions that BarunsOn would continue to develop Aeria’s version, its future is now in doubt. Aeria has backpedalled on server merges: it smacks of indecision and incompetence.

My criticisms of AGE’s management of LC can be condensed to four words: instability, irresponsibility, profiteering and hostility.

  • Instability: The publishing team lacks stability. Product managers and game masters tend not to stay long.

  • Irresponsibility (The Blame Game): AGE argues that it is not responsible for game content, only customer service and item mall sales. “Gameplay issues are the developer’s fault”, they say. That is of little interest to players. Players don’t care who is responsible for content, only that it’s of a consistently high standard. Publishers are responsible for their titles. If a publisher can’t deliver quality content, they deserve criticism.

  • Profiteering: Making tangible progress without buying from the item mall takes years of work. The drop rates are awful so Aeria sells items to increase them. Rates of XP and SP (skill point) gain are awful so Aeria sells items to increase them. Upgrade success rates for gear are poor and there is a very high chance that a given item will break before it reaches the upgrade soft cap (+1Cool. Aeria, then, sells runes to protect gear from breaking and stones to upgrade gear beyond the soft cap (to +2Cool. You need these items to progress, you need a lot of them and they’re expensive.

  • Hostility: AGE is hostile to constructive criticism. Staff and volunteers (on a tight leash) are heavy handed in moderating the forums, prohibiting discussion of other games and constraining criticism of policies, staff and volunteers. For example, a recent topic on upcoming content was locked when discussion turned to the merits of a public test server.

Aeria’s competitors (NCsoft, etc.) have proven that free-to-play games can be of high quality and that publishers needn’t resort to item mall profiteering. Further, many subscription based games are not only cheaper to play than Aeria’s ostensibly free titles but are of superior quality. I urge Aeria to heed its community. While it would be a shame if AGE collapsed tomorrow, we have elsewhere to go.  

For some reason this seemed awfully familiar. Sure you are not talking about Shaiya?  


Or DOMO even.  

Or Grand Fantasia.

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
Joined
31 Dec 2007
Posts
980
Location
Roma Italy
PostedMay 30, 2012 10:58 am
swoopula wrote:
musicman2059 wrote:
billdoor wrote:
dragonoa wrote:
(Wall of Aeria's fails)  

For some reason this seemed awfully familiar. Sure you are not talking about Shaiya?  


Or DOMO even.  

Or Grand Fantasia.  

No Eden Eternal? And What about the short lived Kitsu Saga?

Alternate Eden Eternal client download: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Eden-Eternal

Lu_Bu484

Rank 2
Lu_Bu484
Joined
31 Dec 2010
Posts
443
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMay 30, 2012 11:04 am
Laurentio wrote:
swoopula wrote:
musicman2059 wrote:
billdoor wrote:
dragonoa wrote:
(Wall of Aeria's fails)  

For some reason this seemed awfully familiar. Sure you are not talking about Shaiya?  


Or DOMO even.  

Or Grand Fantasia.  

No Eden Eternal? And What about the short lived Kitsu Saga?  


Dynasty Warriors Online, maybe...
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: