I might send a ticket containing more classified feedback later. Watch this space.
What I am going to say is this, however, and I'm going to be blunt about it: DOMO is venturing down the same path La Tale did some 1 and a half years ago.
The similarities seem to be the same. No matter how much the community pleads to Aeria to give it the support that other games are getting and that it badly needs, those calls have not been answered. Though we've been told time and time again that DOMO has a bright future, the community I serve feels like they have been forgotten and abandoned.
Some of the things that have happened in the past while have been troubling:
- DOMO has not had neither a F/T GM nor a GM assigned specifically to it since VentSol left. I do understand that DOMO is a declining game now and doesn't really need the coverage, but at the same time for what we do have I really don't feel it's enough anymore.
- Ticket times have taken a sudden drastic tumble. What used to be a surefire 48-72 hour turn around time has turned into 1-2 weeks, sometimes months. Quite a few of these players are asking for things, such as bank/inventory PIN resets, that cripple their ability to play the game.
- Server performance has been less than nominal for a while now. Specific zones crash on a bi-weekly, weekly, or sometimes daily basis sometimes, and they always seem to crash at times where no one is available to take care of them, leaving a zone (and the characters caught in it) inaccessible for 6 hours or more. A recent maintenance that involved major server work did not solve this. In addition, a rare glitch is occurring where accounts that are disconnected (or logged out cleanly) are still being stuck online despite the character being disconnected, rendering the account unusable until the next maintenance, which are few and far between.
- GM events used to happen on a daily basis about a year and a half ago, but have been virtually nonexistent since then. Yes, I know that it's also up to us GSes to run events too but there's only so much we can do and it becomes difficult to maintain a run of regularly scheduled events after a while. Having a GM event every day or two would greatly help the game's morale.
- It has been over a year and a half since any true new content has been added to the game. This is mainly SoftStar's fault, but we do know that they've been making content for the game (as well as a fix for a pretty major graphical bug that affects really any system bought in the last 2-3 years? Might need someone who plays IC to confirm that for me.) but we haven't seen any of it. Maybe it's time to step up to them to figure out just what's going on here? Oh, and then there's that other thing that the community is waiting for them to give us the go-ahead for. (A merver serge?)
Recently, Superman made a post here
saying that the standards that DOMO is run at is not the same as other games Aeria runs. Admittedly as it stands right now these standards that DOMO is run on almost seems like a very small fraction of what other games get. I really hope I can be proven wrong on this.
I always feel heavy-hearted to leave feedback this because in my position I feel like I should be feeling better about what a company I'm volunteering for is doing. As much as the community might see me as lazy or that I'm not around as much as I'd like to be, I'm still watching out for them, and what I see right now are a handful of dedicated players that are concerned, frustrated and disappointed at the lack of attention and service DOMO is receiving right now.
As I said before, the way I'm seeing things, DOMO is another La Tale EU waiting to happen.