Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedMay 12, 2012 4:46 pm   Last edited by Sine_Amore on Aug 25, 2012 11:09 am. Edited 12 times in total

[Crafting Guide]

Updated: Saturday, August 25th 2012 (Earthen Fragarach Upgrades)
So, I've decided to just turn this thread into a multi-guide. Below will be the Index for easy navigation. Comments, criticisms, concerns are welcome. (:

I.Socketing
II.Enchanting
III.Disenchanting
IV.Item Synthesis
V.Frageron Forge
Advertisement

SiegmundV

Rank 0
SiegmundV
PostedMay 13, 2012 2:31 pm
Just to mention, equipment has in the description;
"Maximum Gem Level"
Take that in consideration before socketing.

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedMay 13, 2012 4:03 pm   Last edited by Sine_Amore on Jun 01, 2012 4:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Socketing

Teaching you how to add gems to your gear.
How To
Socketing

Since this seems to be a frequently asked question, I figured a helpful guide with pictures was in order. Hope this helps!

First, when you want to Socket something, like a weapon, make sure that you have all the necessary items--including the item, socketing rods, and the appropriate gem. Keep in mind that different gems only fit in certain items. (i.e. Weapons, body, hands, feet, head, accessories, et cetera)

They also give different properties:

And in different amounts depending on the gems level, such as the Ruby Gem:
    *Ruby Gem Lvl 1 gives +2 PATK
    *Ruby Gem Lvl 2 gives +4 PATK
    *Ruby Gem Lvl 3 gives +7 PATK
    *Ruby Gem Lvl 4 gives + 12 PATK

and so on for each respective gem and level...

After you are sure that you have all the correct items, head to your inventory and click on the "Socket" button on the right side of the window.

This will bring up the socketing screen. Here, click and drag the item to be socketed--in this picture, the bow. Drop it into the equipment slot.

Now--and here seems to be the part where everyone gets tripped up--you click on the (\) as indicated in the following picture. You'll now see a socketing rod pop up in the bottom box; note here that it will tell you how many socketing rods it will take to open a socket in this item. If the number is red, then you do not have enough socketing rods. Now, click the "Add Socket" button to open this socket.

Now that you have a free socket up, click and drag the desired--and correct--gem to the open socketing slot and drop it there.

This will prompt a window to open to confirm that you want to socket this gem to the item. If you do, click yes. If you have made a mistake, click no.

If you have chosen "Yes", then your newly socketing equipment will have a new set of stats at the bottom of the stat screen when you hover over!

Please keep in mind that with each new socket that you open after the first, the amount of Socketing Rods needed will increase. Happy upgrading! v-n.n

EDIT: As commented on below, each weapon does have a gem level requirement to be used. Below are examples of two bows of two different levels, each showing their respective gem level restrictions:

Lvl 1 Bow has a Lvl 2 Gem Restriction

Lvl 31 Bow has a Lvl 6 Gem Restriction

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedMay 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Enchanting

Adding extra stats to your gear through enchantment.
How To
Enchanting

This seems to be the most common way of enhancing your gear--and the easiest, I think--since Elite monsters as well as bosses often drop a few of these every time you defeat one. In this case, though, the enchanting dust or crystal work on all types of gear, excluding your wings, insignia, mount, or item mall bought costumes.

To begin, make sure that you have the item to be enchanted in your Inventory, not equipped on your character. Also make sure that you have the appropriate level of enchanting material. (for example, inferior magic dust is for gear lvls 1-30, while magic dust is for gear lvls 31-60) You can't enchant with the wrong material. Also note that you can buy BETTER enchanting materials from the Item Mall under the 'Upgrades' tab. These are also lvl appropriate.

Once you have everything, start by clicking on the 'Enchant' button in your Inventory, shown in the picture below. A window will pop out to the side of your inventory.

Then proceed to drag the desired gear to be upgraded to the Equipment box in the center.

Now you need to begin dragging your enchanting material into the four boxes surrounding the equipment. You do NOT need 4 of the enchanting material to upgrade but you have increased chances of success if you do. Inferior magic dust is used on the Lvl 1 Cedar Bow below.

Here, there are a few things you need to notice after you have moved the enchanting materials over and are almost ready to attempt the enchantment.

The Yellow circles indicate your enchanting materials.

The Red box indicates what your stats on the equipment will look like IF the enchantment is successful.

The Red circle is the most important. Here it will show first your chances of successfully enchanting this item. Directly below that it will show how much it costs to attempt the enchantment. Please note that Enchanting the item is not guaranteed and you do NOT get your money/enchanting items back if you fail. However, the Equipment involved will NOT DISAPPEAR if you fail.

When you are ready to give it a shot, click the 'Enchant' button on the Enchant screen. Cross your fingers! If the enchantment is a success it will look like the image below.

If the Enchantment was unsuccessful, the box will instead flash red and the message will instead say that the attempt has failed. Sorry, but try again!

If you item has been successfully upgraded, there are some things to note that have changed!

The name of your item will now be--as shown here-- Item +1 or more if you have successfully enchanted multiple times! The item enchant screen will tell you what the stats will look like under "After" if you successfully upgrade again. But be aware that the higher + you have on your item, the more money it is going to cost and the lower you chances.

Also very noteworthy, after the 4th successful upgrade--Item +4--if you fail, the item + will DROP. But it will not drop below a +3, so you won't lose all of your progress.

Happy Enchanting!

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedMay 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Disenchanting

Breaking down unneeded items.
How To
Disenchanting

On to Disenchanting! This section doesn't require too much explanation and is fairly simple. Note that to Disenchant an item, it must say "Disenchantable" under the item's stats/description. I believe that the items must be of Green quality or above to be disenchanted--correct me if I'm wrong. (:

To begin: make sure that you have the item to be disenchanted in your inventory. Keep in mind that any items you Disenchant WILL disappear, so don't use anything you want to keep. (: Then click on the Disenchant tab on the right side of your inventory window to get started.

For me at least, the Disenchant window always pops up BEHIND my inventory window, so let's move that out of the way and put our two windows side by side. Now you can click and drag the item to the Disenchant box. Notice there are multiple slots to Disenchant multiple items at a time. When you have everything ready, click the Disenchant button.

A dialogue box should appear asking "Are you sure you want to Disenchant this item?" If you have made a mistake, press "No". If all is well, press "Yes"!

Something like this will appear in your inventory after Disenchantment and your Disenchant box will disappear. Note that the Soul Crystal here is 1 of 3 apparent types that you can receive from Disenchant. (i.e. Soul Crystal IV, Soul Crystal V, Soul Crystal VI) The use of these crystals has not been made clear yet, but save them! It is hinted that they will be used to feed your mount.

There is also the CHANCE of obtaining Soul Root Crystals when you Disenchant purple gear. These crystals are used for upgrading your Soul.

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedJun 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Item Synthesis

Creating gear, stat potions, and better gems from materials.
How To
Item Synthesis

On to a feature that you will be using A LOT in this game if you want to get/make certain items. Sure, you could always buy them off of someone else, but it's cheaper to collect the stuff yourself and make your own things; it just requires a little extra time!

Step 1, as usual, is to go to your inventory window and click on the Item Synthesis button on the right side. This will pop up your synthesis window--usually in front of my inventory in my game. Just move that to the side so we can see what we're doing. (:

My Item Synthesis screen automatically starts me at the Gem screen. You can chance to any other type by clicking on the Category section--where it says Gems. To see what you currently have the materials to make, go to the Sub-category that says "All Available". This is a quick and easy list to see what you can make with what you have. n.n In the example below, I can synthesis a Flawed Emerald Gemx1.

Click on the available item--her the Flawed Emerald Gem in the yellow box--to select and see:

What components you'll need--in red. (Here, I only need 3 Chipped Emerald Gems to synthesize 1 Flawed Emerald Gem)
And what the cost and chance of success will be--in blue. (I will have to spend 72 copper to synthesize with a 100% chance of success)

Please keep in mind that while the Gem in this example does not have a chance of failing, other items like Ethereal Gear DO HAVE A CHANCE TO FAIL. When you're ready to give it a shot, hit the Synthesize button in orange.

Now, at the bottom where the price to synthesize and the chance of success are located, you will see a red loading bar while your character attempts the synthesis. When the bar fills up, the attempt is over.

If your attempt was successful, you will see your newly created item in your inventory.

However, if you attempt was unsuccessful, not only will you not get the item you were trying for but you also will lose all of the crafting materials and the money you spent on the attempt.

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedJul 03, 2012 9:29 am

Frageron Forge

How to Forge and Upgrade the Legendary Weapon.
How To
Frageron Forge

This section will be slowly updated as time goes on. Upon completion, my goal is to--hopefully--have an in depth guide on the steps and materials needed not only to initially create the Celestial Fragarach weapon but also to upgrade it per each lvl.

We begin now with its creation and what you will need:

Creating the Celestial Fragarach

GM_Hadouken wrote:
How to receive the Celestial Fragarach?
Three main components are required in obtaining the Celestial Fragarach:

1. One Fragarach Mold – Purchased from Starglade's Weapons Vendor, Remmington, OR obtained by completing "The Obedient Soldier" - a main quest initially received at level 30. (The quest will be confirmed by the Developers.)
  2. Five Frageron Soul Essence – Drops from Revenant’s Vault (Nightmare) bosses.
  3. One Ice Shard – Drops from Vega the Mad in Revenant's Vault.

The above quote was taken from the Basic Game Guide

First, as mentioned above, you need to first acquire your Fragarach Mold. If you didn't acquire it via the lvl 30 Quest--because you completed it before the update in which it first appeared--you will need to buy it from Remmington, Starglade's Weapons Vendor.

Once you have the mold appropriate for your class, you will need to acquire the other parts: 5 Frageron Soul Essence...

And 1 Ice Shard...

Once you have all of the necessary materials in your inventory, click the Frageron Forge button in your inventory screen to bring up the Forge.

The Forge screen will show up and should automatically put in the Fragarach Mold in your inventory in the appropriate slot. Now it will show the required materials--what I have boxed in Red below--and it will also show what the weapon will look like after forged where it says "Upgrades To". This part has a 100% success rate, so Forge away when you're ready! (Note: A Required Enchantment Level, as mentioned under Upgrade in the forge, is not yet needed for this part of the process. Also note, for the time being, the Forge says that you need 2 Ice Shards, but you only need 1 Ice Shard.)

When you are successful in an upgrade, you will get this screen:

Go to your inventory and your new (Earthen)Celestial Fragarach Weapon will be waiting for you!

Upgrading to Lvl 2 (Earthen) Fragarach Requires:

• (Earthen) Fragarach Weapon I
  • Enchantment +1
  • Fragarach Soul Essence x4
  • Fragarach Shard x1

Upgrading to Lvl 3 (Earthen) Fragarach Requires:

• (Earthen) Fragarach Weapon II
  • Enchantment +1
  • Fragarach Soul Essence x4
  • Fragarach Shard x1

Upgrading to Lvl 4 (Earthen) Fragarach Requires:

• (Earthen) Fragarach Weapon III
  • Enchantment +2
  • Fragarach Soul Essence x6
  • Fragarach Shard x1

Upgrading to Lvl 5 (Earthen) Fragarach Requires:

• (Earthen) Fragarach Weapon IV
  • Enchantment +2
  • Fragarach Soul Essence x6
  • Fragarach Shard x3

Upgrading to Lvl 6 (Earthen) Fragarach Requires:

• (Earthen) Fragarach Weapon V
  • Enchantment +3
  • Fragarach Soul Essence x8
  • Fragarach Shard x3

Upgrading to Lvl 7 (Earthen) Fragarach Requires:

• (Earthen) Fragarach Weapon VI
  • Enchantment +4
  • Fragarach Soul Essence x10
  • Fragarach Shard x3

Info on how to upgrade to higher versions of the Celestial Fragarach to come...

CFromHell

Rank 0
CFromHell
PostedFeb 19, 2013 10:59 am

Thank You

I've been looking through the forums for 2 days trying to figure this out. Now it makes sense.