GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedApr 10, 2012 9:50 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Short_Amigo wrote:
Verdeman wrote:
Avyn wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
GS's are disliked primarily because they are practically forbidden from speaking out in public, unless its positive the post is delete, this makes the Team seem like push overs, and suck ups, given the freedom to speak their minds i think the opinion of the GS team would actually improve.  

The GS team is managed differently for each game. Some are well run and some are not, though I would say that Shaiya and LO are two great examples of how not to run a volunteer program.  

>_> Cough, Cough...  

Lol'd.  
Fact still stands Razz

@ Avyn, obviously i was basing this on shaiya  

This is a valid complaint. GS are asked to praise publicly, and complain privately. It is one of the side effects of having direct contact with the GM teams.

Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedApr 10, 2012 10:58 am
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Short_Amigo wrote:
Verdeman wrote:
Avyn wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
GS's are disliked primarily because they are practically forbidden from speaking out in public, unless its positive the post is delete, this makes the Team seem like push overs, and suck ups, given the freedom to speak their minds i think the opinion of the GS team would actually improve.  

The GS team is managed differently for each game. Some are well run and some are not, though I would say that Shaiya and LO are two great examples of how not to run a volunteer program.  

>_> Cough, Cough...  

Lol'd.  
Fact still stands Razz

This is a valid complaint. GS are asked to praise publicly, and complain privately. It is one of the side effects of having direct contact with the GM teams.  
I strongly urge you to reconsider this though, it can lead to the community haveing a negative attitude towarsds the GS team, and sicne GS's are 'Representatives of areia' that can be negative towards ariea aswell.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Kizuna7

Rank 5
Kizuna7
PostedApr 10, 2012 11:43 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Short_Amigo wrote:
Verdeman wrote:
Avyn wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

>_> Cough, Cough...  

Lol'd.  
Fact still stands Razz

I strongly urge you to reconsider this though, it can lead to the community haveing a negative attitude towarsds the GS team, and sicne GS's are 'Representatives of areia' that can be negative towards ariea aswell.  

Its not only the "freedom of opinion" which needs to be changed but also the choice of selection.
Honestly, I can't seem to recall a time when GS Team did have a good rep for any of the games I played from Aeria as there was always that one or two black sheep that will bring the rest of the team down for whatever reason.

~Lil_Kizuna

Short_Amigo

Rank 4
Short_Amigo
PostedApr 10, 2012 11:56 am
Kizuna7 wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Short_Amigo wrote:
Verdeman wrote:
Avyn wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

>_> Cough, Cough...  

Lol'd.  
Fact still stands Razz

Its not only the "freedom of opinion" which needs to be changed but also the choice of selection.
Honestly, I can't seem to recall a time when GS Team did have a good rep for any of the games I played from Aeria as there was always that one or two black sheep that will bring the rest of the team down for whatever reason.

~Lil_Kizuna

That will most likely always happen though. No matter what you choose, it's most likely a lose/lose situation. I mean you can prevent them from not making the most obvious don't choose choice, but when they get selected, they may act differently. It happens to some, as people who seemed like good applicants turn inactive and/or rude.

From my perspective, it's making sure they are doing their job on a routinely basis. Like activity wise, are they actually doing something GS worthy or are they just sitting around with their hands up their butt?

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedApr 11, 2012 9:12 am
Killa_1112 wrote:

This is something we know going into the program. Unfortunately, simply seeing GS's rage alongside players will not change anybody's attitude about the GS program or GS teams in general.

While you may see it as "Wow, Aeria is so confident in their choices for volunteers that they empower them to have their own opinions of what Aeria is doing (or not doing)," to most people, it looks like "Wow, what is wrong with Aeria? Why are they tagging people as volunteers that say bad things about them?"

If I'm hiring workers (and/or volunteers) for my company, I wouldn't want them to be publicly complaining about my company. No company is perfect, and there will always be complaints. Part of being a marketable employee is knowing when and how to voice your concerns.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedApr 12, 2012 2:49 pm
Relaera wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

This is something we know going into the program. Unfortunately, simply seeing GS's rage alongside players will not change anybody's attitude about the GS program or GS teams in general.

While you may see it as "Wow, Aeria is so confident in their choices for volunteers that they empower them to have their own opinions of what Aeria is doing (or not doing)," to most people, it looks like "Wow, what is wrong with Aeria? Why are they tagging people as volunteers that say bad things about them?"

If I'm hiring workers (and/or volunteers) for my company, I wouldn't want them to be publicly complaining about my company. No company is perfect, and there will always be complaints. Part of being a marketable employee is knowing when and how to voice your concerns.  
just so you know, i was a GS for 2 years Wink i know the restrictions.

What im saying is that the public opinion of the GS team is negetive in part due the the fact all they 'appear' to do is suck up the areia, while i know this is not the case (i did rage on the GS forums about desicions/promos/other stuff i strongly disagreed with) the fact that GS's can say nothing negative in the public light.

Gs's are not empolyees, if they were they would have the GM power (but wait, again not ana reia employee, potential for abuse wide open) as such they should not be bound by such restrictions, at least not to the degree they are.

Tagging people for critisizing where need be and knowing they aren't afraid to voice themselves should not be negetive, if anything it should be a positive trait. If it was i belive alot of good GS's would still be in the team.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

AKFrost

Rank 5
PostedApr 12, 2012 3:09 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
Relaera wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

just so you know, i was a GS for 2 years Wink i know the restrictions.

What im saying is that the public opinion of the GS team is negetive in part due the the fact all they 'appear' to do is suck up the areia, while i know this is not the case (i did rage on the GS forums about desicions/promos/other stuff i strongly disagreed with) the fact that GS's can say nothing negative in the public light.

Gs's are not empolyees, if they were they would have the GM power (but wait, again not ana reia employee, potential for abuse wide open) as such they should not be bound by such restrictions, at least not to the degree they are.

Tagging people for critisizing where need be and knowing they aren't afraid to voice themselves should not be negetive, if anything it should be a positive trait. If it was i belive alot of good GS's would still be in the team.  

It's always easier to complain for the sake of complaining than offering any valid complaints though. The ability to criticize is NOT a valued trait for any volunteer.

I do agree that GS's, as described by the company as "regular players", should have equal speech rights as regular players. Ironically, if we really need a group of spinners for PR, we can just ask the group known as "GS hopefuls."

Though, just speaking from experience, I have yet to work with a GM that tried to censor anything I say, and if my records are any indication, I do NOT always side with aeria. It actually (for some players) suit the description that a GS is supposed to be a bridge between them and the GM's.