LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedApr 09, 2012 11:12 pm
LoveLovey wrote:
I think the 1. and 2. conditions for duplicate names should be switched. I could hop on over to the other server, take the name of one of my guild members, create a guild, and be able to keep the name even though they've been playing longer? I don't see how that makes sense. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.  

May I please get a clarification on this?

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Advertisement

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
PostedApr 09, 2012 11:14 pm
You (Aeria) already set the change so there is no point to recriminate anymore but...
... didn't allow players to choose the servers name (like every other game does)
... missed to add useful information like the final number of channels by server
... ignored players opinions on economy.

By the way, the Product Manager message is quite confusing. Will we be able to create up to 15 character or not?

Alternate Eden Eternal client download: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Eden-Eternal

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
PostedApr 09, 2012 11:18 pm
Eshun wrote:
So what happens to those that been active in multiple servers or at least have characters in both? Same names etc. Just a bunch of request ticket spam?  
It would make no sense to make a difference from characters from different players. So the one of your characters that is higher in level, or played last if it's a tier, keeps the name.

brianlost

Rank 0
PostedApr 09, 2012 11:25 pm
I am just having a few issues with a few facts quoted in the info related to server merge and the monthly prizes awarded to Hero of Month etc... Firstly the Handing out 400 prizes as opposed to 80? Really when all is said and done the math works out to handing out 400 prizes versus 240 prizes over 3 servers? Or am I being confused by the math here?

Secondly, with this triple server merge, prizes are going to be at least twice as hard to rank into if not more so? So you are saying people will have to work harder than they did before the racial separations, to try and get a lesser prize package, all while the game is healthy? I really don't understand this logic as per say.

Thirdly, while this does not affect me personally, always been a one server type player, the fusing of archived items across an account makes little sense. And the answer to it, is a little silly in my opinion. If I told you three months ago or longer that if you are patient, all your items will be on one account, would you have bought more than one for alts on each server? I know I wouldn't. I'd have just toughed it out. Cause eventually you have the chance for as many as 15 alts to use those legacy armours you bought, oranges and golds you made, primes and alphas you bought, all the free safety stones you
got questing, etc... I think if it affected me, I'd like the copies unbound and able to be sold.
I don't think this will happen but I'm just expressing my polite observations and opinions. Thank you

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
PostedApr 09, 2012 11:45 pm
brianlost wrote:
Secondly, with this triple server merge, prizes are going to be at least twice as hard to rank into if not more so? So you are saying people will have to work harder than they did before the racial separations, to try and get a lesser prize package, all while the game is healthy? I really don't understand this logic as per say.  
This merge is made to create a better enviroment for new players (I don't get how, but I'll trust it).
Newbie don't rank much. So it's not exactly Aeria's concern.

GrainsofSoil

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2012 12:05 am
@ Laurentio
If what you're saying is true, then the merge is only helping new players, yet old players get to be screwed because it's not Aeria's concern? Seriously? Honestly this merge completely screws any players from Emerald and Garnet from the rankings except rank 1 in Emerald.(talking about humans, which has the most competition.)

Laurentio

Rank 3
Laurentio
PostedApr 10, 2012 12:08 am
Sighborg88 wrote:
We will be increasing our marketing budget to help fill this new server to create a new lively environment for players to have a fresh start.

The server merge is to promote a more competitive and balanced environment where PvP is more exciting, there are more players available for dungeons, more players for trading, etc.  
It's not me saying it. But Aeria thinks it would benefit top players to, so cross your finger and wish good luck.

Now, I don't like Sighborg88's personal view of "exciting", seeing as his comment on nerfing the bard Burning Metal has been "Now player are playing different classes and this is good". I'm looking to put sugar in his car fuel can and leaving him a note saying "Now you can walk to work and back, so exciting!", but it would be mean and the airplane ticket to USA is out of my budget.

Anyway, they have interest in keeping the game in a good shape, so let's just have faith.

Hiro.x3

Rank 1
Hiro.x3
In your heart,inside your dreams United States
PostedApr 10, 2012 1:21 am
LoveLovey wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
I think the 1. and 2. conditions for duplicate names should be switched. I could hop on over to the other server, take the name of one of my guild members, create a guild, and be able to keep the name even though they've been playing longer? I don't see how that makes sense. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.  

Lovey, your right. This would be a too easy way to get out of losing your char name but I think #4 should be 1st tho o: cuz almost anyone can be a guild leader & anyone can definately be a guild member. Im worried mostly about the thought of losing my 1st two character names. I only been playing for 1 1/2 to 2 months of this game & I put hard work into developing my char in the short time i had to get to lvl 60. My other char im also dedicated to put the same amount of sweat into improving it so ik how others would feel if they did lose there name. The chars names are the main characteristic people recognize when they see it ofc & to change something that most people recognize you for is like changing your appearance (well thats how i see it ^^Smile. Others might mistake someone else as someone they might know due to the fact they have the same name.

The lag is most likely going to be the most problematic, lets just hope this goes well if it doesnt this most likely not going to end so well...

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedApr 10, 2012 1:23 am
Hiro.x3 wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:
LoveLovey wrote:

Lovey, your right. This would be a too easy way to get out of losing your char name but I think #4 should be 1st tho o: cuz almost anyone can be a guild leader & anyone can definately be a guild member. Im worried mostly about the thought of losing my 1st two character names. I only been playing for 1 1/2 to 2 months of this game & I put hard work into developing my char in the short time i had to get to lvl 60. My other char im also dedicated to put the same amount of sweat into improving it so ik how others would feel if they did lose there name. The chars names are the main characteristic people recognize when they see it ofc & to change something that most people recognize you for is like changing your appearance (well thats how i see it ^^Smile. Others might mistake someone else as someone they might know due to the fact they have the same name.

The lag is most likely going to be the most problematic, lets just hope this goes well if it doesnt this most likely not going to end so well...  
I don't think #4 should be first. Because that's still too easy to lose your name. What if something comes up and you're not able to be online right until Maintenance? But someone that just took your name is able to?

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.

djfacked

Rank 0
djfacked
PostedApr 10, 2012 1:50 am

LOL

i should add a big post with the word cryer or mad on it cause all ppl do is that forum flame yayayay let cry about merge her wazzup ladies and gentlement let just play a dam game and let the aeria team work on thing ... they know what to do so shhhh sto cry over post and just enjoy gaming

Gosha ftw :) the Zumi , Rat or whatever u want to call me :) *Game doesnt affect my real life* /-------| Life make ppl Grow In MinD |------