Original image taken by Annie Leibovitz
In every story there is a protagonist, the main character, the hero, the one who over comes certain odds to meet their goals. Whether its over coming fear, a bully, a father, 100 years of oppression or even a villain... the protagonist must face them/it at some part in the story. Everyone wants to be remembered as a hero, but if anyone has ever been in the acting world and gotten the chance to play a villain you know that the villain also known as the atagonist, provides a performance which is just as important as that of the protagonist, and often twice as fun.
Your Task: Create a piece of Large Art using a photo or drawing of yourself as a villain or manipulated into a villain.
1. One who opposes and contends against another; an adversary. as in a contest, drama, sporting event,
2. The principal character in opposition to the protagonist or hero of a narrative or drama.
This challenge is designed purely for fun, and a great way to practise photo manipulation, drawing and merging of different mediums. I hope everyone enjoys this challenge, whether it be as a participant, supporter or lurker^^ and if anyone has any questions about the challenge itself, the Rules and/or etc please feel free to post in this thread or contact me via PM here on AGE.
Have fun and stay creative.
Challenge Ends: 9th of May 2012
- Be your own creation*
- Your Villainious self must be either a photo of yourself as a "villain", a drawing of yourself as a "villain" or a photo/drawing of yourself that you have manipulated into a "villain"
- Be contained within the size parametres; 700
width by 700
- Artwork must adhere to Age Forum Rules
- Name your Villain
- Must include a screen shot of your final piece's layers
( Can be provided as a direct link. )
- Have fun
- Place a border on your piece
- Place your Villain title inside of the piece
- Have as many Layers as you like
- Use hand drawn or computerised imagery for everything but the "Villain"
- Use brushes/C4Ds and effects
- Drawings can be done on computer or by hand.
* Artwork can contain images, etc that were not originally created by user/participant but MUST be altered from its original form, and/or merged with other images to create an entirely new piece.
Healer_11 and LittlexNeko have stepped up to the plate in helping decide this months Winners! Like last month their will be 3 Winners, no 1st, 2nd or 3rd just 3 lucky artists with smexy prizes ^_^
Things we will be looking for....
- Did they meet the criteria/rules
- Have they met the aim?
- Originality and Creativity of the piece
Before announcing the prizes for this month I would just like to thank prince1999 for officially donating their last month prizes back into the prize pool. Elfstruck and Snowydew if you still wish your prize it is waiting for you, same goes for anyone still wanting the participants prizes for last challenge.
Winner's Prize: 1 x Blue Dragon Charm & 1 x Eternal Endurance
(Remember there are 3 Winners!)
Participants Prize: 50 Fireworks
The Pharwynd Prize:
This prize is awarded to whoever the guest judge and myself believe to have exhibited extraordinary creativity and imagination in the creation of their piece.
Prize: 1 x Appearance Change Scroll.
Remember when you have completed your Challenge Artwork, post it here with a Screen Shot of your Layers, Images used, description and name your piece =D
Layers Example Link
As you can see the central figure has been "drawn" (facing away cause I cannot draw faces ^_^) but the rest of the image is a blend of brushes and computer based imagery.
As I am unable to find my original file, I cannot produce my layers for this challenge so have substitued them with a standard layer example I use for a lot of my challenges.
As always explore, be creative, invent, make mistakes and most importantly have fun
Based on Villians - The antagonist Inside Challenge
originally presented on http://artifex.justgoo.com