- 09 Jun 2008
- United States
PostedOct 07, 2011 6:53 pm Last edited by GM_darasuum on Apr 09, 2012 1:56 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Rules & Policies
A guide for you.
Updated Rules & Procedures
Forum Rules oversee all forums, posts, threads, shout-box and usage of therein.
Virtual ID Images
- The forum is rated PG-13 in all areas.
- Language that is offensive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable is not allowed.
- Please be respectful when using the forums and shout-box.
- Discussion of a national, political, religious, sexual, or ethnic nature is prohibited.
- Constantly using disruptive ways of typing in shout box such as ALL CAPS or any other disruptive (DiSrUpTiVe) way is prohibited. (See section 7 - User Conduct - in the Terms of Service)
- Abbreviations of curse words allowed in game are not allowed in the shout box/fora.
- Avatars must be no more than 200x200 pixels and no more than 50 kb in file size and
- must not be offensive.
- If any picture avatars that do not meet this guideline, they will be removed without prior notice.
- Signatures will not exceed a width of 700 pixels or a height of 200 pixels (700x200 = max), and a file size of 120 kb
- Signatures may not directly link to an automatic Karma Rating, or 3rd party website.
- Any false representation, including impersonation of any person or entity or misrepresentation of your affiliation with any person or entity, is not allowed. This includes Game Masters, Game Sages, Customer support and Production Managers.
- You may not use any content protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy, unless you own the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights.
- Power-posting, spamming, excessive bumping and flaming will result in the post being removed without any further notice.
- The spamming of advertisements will not be tolerated, especially those that are out of house.
- Posted links may not contain redirects for referral or advertising.
- Phishing will NOT be tolerated and will result in the permanent loss of your account.
- Creation of new accounts in order to break the rules without consequences on your main one, will result in consequences on both accounts.
- You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in the Shout Box/Fora.
- Personal information such as PMs, emails, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, and the like are not to be posted in the forum or shout-box.
- PM's and emails are considered personal and are not to be posted or otherwise made public without permission from the person who sent the pm or email.
- Ban’s are not to be discussed in the forum or shout-box, nor in PMs. This includes why, when, who and what for. No exceptions.
These rule govern the the general game play of the game itself, within the world of Last Chaos.
- You may not harass or threaten other players
- You may not use language which is harassing, vulgar, obscene, abusive, threatening, harmful, libelous, defamatory, or encourages negative conduct, or engage in public discussions involving drug references or that are sexual, racist, or prejudiced in nature.
- You may not impersonate other players with the intent of causing damage unto their reputation.
- You may not organize nor be a member of any clans or groups within the Game that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
- You may not discriminate against other players or groups. Discrimination is the treatment of a person based on the group or category to which that person belongs rather than on individual merit.
- Causing intentional experience loss to other players through the use of luring, impeding fleeing players, etc, to the point it becomes harassment.
- The Game Master(s) will determine what is and/or is not harassment.
Game-play Disruption / Hacking / Abuse
- You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in the Game. This includes Game Masters, Game Sages, Administrators, and the like.
- You may not make use of the forums or game for the exchange or transfer of any pirated or illegal software.
- You may not violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
- You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your Game account.
- You may not engage in fraudulent behaviour, including, but not limited to:
- Misleading players with false information for your benefit
- Scamming players of items, pets, currency, information, or the likes thereof.
- Claiming to work for or with Aeria Games as a Game Master, Game Sage, or any other entity.
- You may not disrupt a Game Sage while in performance of their duties, nor PK a Game Sage who has his/her Glow on..
- You must not encourage others to break the rules. Examples of this are:
- Telling players that the rules are not enforced, or that no one is watching.
- Trying to get a reaction from other players by using offensive language against them.
- Informing others of current bugs that are in the game, and encouraging them to abuse them.
- Any action you take that would make another player more likely to break a rule than before you commenced that action.
- You may not modify any part of the Game Client, Server or any part of the Game.
- You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Game.
- You will not exploit any bug in the Game and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug or "hack"(bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or indirectly, to any other Game player. You will promptly report any such bug via official and prescribed channels (that is, by use of the Contact form ONLY) to Aeria Games & Entertainment. Such as, but not limited to:
- Using terrain features to prevent mobs from pathing to you.
- Using terrain to prevent other players from attacking you.
- Using a skill/ability/item in a manner that results in it not functioning as specified.
- Glitching PK intentionally so a player that has Self-Defense cannot attack back.
- Exploiting parties in manners to which they were not intended.
- Using P1 Pets to exploit drop tables below your own droppable means.
- Using P2 Pets to track invisible rogues or cancel invisibility.
- You will not operate any software that interferes with, or interacts with the game in such a manner as to provide an advantage to the user. Prohibited software is defined as any software that interacts with or interferes with the game client so as to provide an advantage to the user. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Auto-Typing – a program or macro that spams that types the same thing, or hot keys repeatedly.
- Bot-Trainer – a program that kills monsters for the players automatically or performs routine tasks. Despite having hardware or software that is capable of running basic instant macros, or even looping macros, if you are found using such macros your account is subject to punishment which could result in a permanent ban.
- Auto-Potions – a program that automatically uses potions, or buffs.
- Auto-Target - a program that automatically targets “names” within the game.
- Any program that sends input into the game (i.e. makes your character carry out an action) is considered a third party program, and is strictly prohibited.
- If you use hardware capable of these advanced functions to break any of the aforementioned rules, your account is subject to punishment which includes temporary and permanent account suspension.
- You will not create, use or provide any server emulator or any other sites where the Game may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to the Game without the express written permission of Aeria Games & Entertainment.
- You will not attempt to play the Game on any server that is not controlled or authorized by Aeria Games & Entertainment or another officially licensed publisher of the game.
- Buying or Selling Gold is strictly forbidden.
- You will not traffic, trade, possess, or store any items which may be duped, hacked, or illegal, such that they were not obtained legitimately.
- You will not Spam or Disrupt any channels of communication.
- You will not conduct any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a group of players.
- Being in locations that are not normally accessible (such as the fountain, inside buildings, under bridges, etc) is prohibited.
- Intentionally causing excessive Map\Location latency, through any means, is prohibited.
- Intentionally denying a particular resource or resources to the players or groups of players, including but not limited to:
- Opening Shop Mode on top of an NPC
- Spawn Camping special monsters for prolonged periods of time
- Excessive kill stealing such that it becomes harassment
- Excessive Gateway camping such that it blocks players from entering or leaving zones
- Examples include but are not limited to The Entrance to Chapel, the Bridge right outside Mondshine Town, The entrance to Dark Altar, The NPC Entrance Area for Akan Temple, etc.
- Deliberately blocking narrow area(s) so other players cannot get past.
- Moving game models to unreachable locations.
Intentionally killing off spawned Pet Statues during a GM Event
- Single ownership of more than One Castle.
- No one group may own both castles, through the use of a sub-guild, alt-guild, or guild that is directly owned by, or beholden unto, the other castle owners. Any use of exploiting to accomplish this, is also strictly prohibited.
- Official personnel of Aeria Games including Admins, Game Masters, Moderators, Games Sages or the like will NEVER ask for your account details or password.
- Aeria Games will not be responsible for the actions of the player should said actions lead their account to become compromised.
- Do NOT give out your password. Aeria will not be responsible if you do.
- Do NOT visit 3rd party or Gold Selling websites. Do not give your information to these websites.
- Account Sharing is strictly prohibited, except where authorized by Aeria Games. Account Selling / Trading is forbidden, and will result in loss of access.
- All accounts that come in reported as compromised will be blocked.
:The following pertains to both Castle Sieges: No one guild can own both sieges, period. This includes using an Alternate Guild
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, SLEEP/STONE SCROLLS ARE ONLY ALLOWED FOR PVE AND NOT PVP.
- Aeria Games will not be responsible for:
- Any loss resulting from in-game trading between players, or the passing of information from one player to another.
- In-Game feature loss that was not purchased through legal means, or the availability of any in-game items, services, or levels.
- Loss of items, experience, levels, or other player data resulting from server maintenance, restarts, crashes, bugs or errors.
- All in game items and accounts are the sole property of Aeria Games.
PKing during the countdown is a punishable offense.
Game Sages who are monitoring Sieges may not be associated to any REGISTERED guild and must have their Sage Glow equipped to signify that they are there in an official capacity.
Merac Castle Siege
Dratan Castle Siege
- Recalls - Using, Taking, Receiving a Party Recall during Merac Castle Siege is not allowed.
- Sleep and Resurrection Scrolls are Not Allowed
- During Stage 1, Attacking Guilds may not be partied with each other by any means, as this prevents them from attacking each other, and interferes with the Functions of MCS.
- During Stage 2, Attackers and Defenders may not be partied with each other by any means, as this prevents them from attacking each other, and interferes with the Functions of MCS.
- Mercenary Attackers may not party with Mercenary Defenders during either stage.
- Glitching of the throne by any means such that abnormal results would be produced is prohibited.
- "Dashing" the throne is not allowed, nor is hiding inside the throne or players such that you can-not be targeted.
- "Hiding" or "using" of any wall-hug or tower-hiding to deliberately prevent being Targeted, is prohibited.
- PK Mode - Is not allowed. For obvious reasons.
You must be at least level 16 to participate in MCS. If you are under level 16, or you are not Registered, you may not be in the Merac Siege Zone during MCS.
- You may not use a Resurrection Scroll during MCS.
- Players registered as Mercenary Attacker may only participate in the Field Battle. You may not enter the throne battle.
- Guilds that do not qualify for the Throne Battle, must leave the Siege Grounds after the Field Battle.
- As owner of one Castle you may not use an alternate guild to take the other.
- As owners of one Castle, what are you allowed to do in the other siege (i.e Assisting friends on attacking side/defending side...)
- You may not relog to avoid timer.
Raids - Akan Temple & Dark Altar
- Recalls are Not Allowed
- Sleep and Resurrection Scrolls are Not Allowed
- Players may not bypass the Eye of Barrier during Siege, on any channel.
- Interfering with attending players participating in DCS is not allowed.
- PK Mode on Siege Grounds is not allowed.
- You must be at least level 16 to participate in DCS. If you are under level 16, or you are not Registered, you may not be in the Dratan Siege Zone during DCS.
- Glitching the Crystal to gain sympathy by any means is not allowed.
- You may not take ANY action used to avoid/shorten the death timer other than by Master Tower.
- Attacking and defending participants may not be partied.
- Hiding inside structures to the extent you are not targetable is prohibited.
- The owners of MCS may Not take ownership of the Dratan Castle.
- You may not use a Mercenary Card around the crystal or stairs.
- You may not relog to avoid timer.
- Relogging to avoid spawn camping is not allowed. You will automatically return to your spawn point after the death timer.
- Healer may not linger/stand/or be on the stair healing party members to avoid taking damages
- You may not bypass any sector without killing the Boss for that sector.
- You may not spawn “Jange Joshe” without a minimum of 2 people.
- You may not exploit Special Item Boxes by any means.
- You may not exploit Fellowship Party by any means.
- You may not exploit terrain such as to bypass an area or “short-cut”.
- You may not utilize any exploit such that the Entire Raid would reset unnaturally.
- You may not "camp" the bridge outside of Mondshine town, entrance to Dark Alter or entrance to Chapel on sub 3, Player Killing consistently in these places on sub server 3 is considered harassment and will be dealt with as such.
If/When rules change they will be updated in this thread to reflect the change.
Last Updated: 04 / 07 / 2012