Snowydew

Rank 5
Snowydew
PostedMar 23, 2012 2:50 pm   Last edited by Snowydew on Mar 23, 2012 2:56 pm. Edited 1 time in total

[Support] Promotion Redemptions

An Overview and Guide
Promotion Redemptions

A Comprehensive Overview of All Manual Redemptions

Preface:
Ever since I made an Enchantment / Max OJ safety thread, I have been asked by players to write up how to redeem items from either a promotion or item mall. Now that I have made a complete current placeholder list, my old thread is outdated and would need too much refurbishing to be of use again. So I am creating this new thread with redemption information, safety basics, FAQ, etc.

I hope this thread will serve you well and make the promotion redemption process less stressful/easier. Always feel free to PM me or reply with a post if you want to see a certain issue addressed or have a specific question.

Included in this guide:
Advertisement

Snowydew

Rank 5
Snowydew
PostedMar 23, 2012 2:52 pm
How to Send in a Ticket For Promotion Redemption:

1st – You must be signed into your account on the website (same account name and password as you use to run the game)

2nd – Go to the bottom right hand corner of the webpage to “Contact Us” or go to the top panel and scroll “Support” where the Second option down will be “Contact Us” or just use http://www.aeriagames.com/contact

3rd – Choose “Game Support”

4th – Under Subcategory choose “Promotion Redemption” and under Game choose “Shaiya EN”

5th – Fill out the information as directed… If you do not have the promotion redemption link, you can just put “N/A” for “Non-Applicable”

6th – Send and the Game Masters will complete your ticket in a timely manner

Snowydew

Rank 5
Snowydew
PostedMar 23, 2012 2:53 pm
Promotion Redemption

Enchants

To redeem a GM Enchant you will need to send in a ticket (see here).
For the Title of your ticket you can just write “GM Enchant” or if you know the specific tier or promotion you got it from you can write that instead.
Now, for the message you will need a specific form to send. This is what you should write:

Account Name:
The Placeholder Item(s) you are using:
Where is the Placeholder Located: (I suggest second slot of warehouse or in your Bank)
Name of Item to be Enchanted (Full name as shown in game):
Level of Item:
Where the Item is Located: (I suggest first slot of warehouse)
Item level of enchantment already:
Item level of enchantment after GM Enchant:

Example – A correct GM Enchant ticket will look like the following:

Subcategory: Promotion Redemption
Game: Shaiya EN
Server: Etain
Character Name: [GS]Nari

Title: GM Enchant

Item: Legendary Adamas Protector
Level of item: 53
Placeholder to be used: S
Level of enchantment already: [3]
Level of enchantment after: [4]
Placement of Item in Warehouse: 1st slot
Placement of GM Enchant in Warehouse: 2nd slot

* If you have more than one enchant, Please put them all in one ticket. This will make the process faster and simpler. But please do not put an excess of 18 enchants in one ticket.*

Max OJs

Account Name:
Location of Placeholder (in Bank or 1st / 2nd slot of warehouse suggested):
Name of the placeholder:
Name of the Item to get the OJ Stat(s): (Exact Item Name, no slang)
Level of the Item(s):
Item Type (Armor/Weapon/Shield/cape/accessory):
Current OJs on Item:
Location of Item (recommended 1st or 2nd slot of warehouse):
Name of the Orange Stat(s) you would like:
If you have to exchange a current stat for your max stat please list which stat is to be removed from the item:

Example of a GM Max OJ (as well as an example of putting in more than one request in one ticket):

Server: Gaia
Character Name: [GS]BloodyNary

Title: Max OJ x 4

Where is Placeholder: Second Page of Bank
Name of the placeholder: Perfume of Mimo
Name of the Item to get the OJ Stat(s): Rytir Protector
Level of the Item(s): lvl 70
Item Type (Armor/Weapon/Shield/cape/accessory): Armor
Name of the Orange Stat(s) you would like: 4000 HP
Stat Removal: 4 Rec
Where in Warehouse: First Slot, First Line, First Bag of Warehouse
Currently have a GM Stat: No

What Placeholder: Purple Letter A
Where is Placeholder: Third slot, first bag, top line of warehouse
What Item: Rytir Protector
Level of Item: 70
What OJ Stat: 40 Luc
Currently have a GM stat: Yes (as per request above)

What the Ryter Protector should look like after Max OJs:
4000 HP
40 Luc
3300 SP
37 Str
30 Dex

Item to be OJ: Rytir Muffler
Level of Item: 70
Located: Second Slot of Warehouse
Placeholder: Purple Letter A
Where Placeholder Is Located: fourth slot of first bag top line of warehouse
What OJ wanted: 4000 HP
GM OJ'd previously: No
OJ to be removed: 900 SP

What Item: Rytir Muffler
Item level: 70
Where item is located: Second slot of warehouse
What Placeholder: Purple Letter A
Where Placeholder located: fifth slot first bag top line of warehouse
OJ wanted: 40 Str
OJ to be removed: 7 Int

What the Rytir Muffler should look like after OJs:
4000 HP
40 STR
30 Dex
30 Luc

GM Extraction / Link

Account Name (or name of buyer)
Exact name of the Item
Exact name of the Lapis
Where the Item is in your Warehouse: (First slot recommended)
Where the Lapis is in your Warehouse: (Second slot recommended) *For Linking Only*

Tiered Spender
Tiered Spender always has a post with specific instructions for each tier if it is not automatic payout. You can check for these instructions by visiting the Promotions page Under Shaiya -> General -> Promotions.

A General Example:

Date and time of occurrence: 2011-02-07

Title: Tier 2 Winner February

Confirmation that the placeholder is in your bank: yes
Place holder received: Blue Pebble
Exact name of the prize you would like: Dreamy Nascor Protector

Raffle
A Raffle’s instructions closely resemble that of Tiered Spender but the account names of the winners are posted on the forums after the event is over (Found in the Promotions Section). Therefore, those who are winners (names written down) will not have a placeholder but will merely send in a ticket linking to the raffle post.

Example:

Link: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1382911

Title: Raffle Winner – 65 Helm of Choice

65 Helm of Choice Wanted: Decoris Helmet

Snowydew

Rank 5
Snowydew
How to go about selling/buying these items:
I have found this to be the safest and most fool-proof way to buy/sell and avoid scams.

• Part 1: Find a GS willing to do the trade. Tell them exactly what is being purchased, for how much, and what the buyer expects in return

• Part 2: Have the buyer transfer the gear they will have enchanted/llinked/OJ and Currency (whatever they are paying with, ex. OPs) over to the GS
    - having them give the GS the gear, they cut down on the ability to scam on the basis of confirmation (they did not get it), just makes things easier without getting the GMs involved

• Part 3: Have the seller write out the ticket for what is wanted (using the GS's Account name as the buyer's) and give the RT # in party chat for both the Buyer and GS to have. (can be step 4 instead of step 3)

• Part 4: Add the GS on forums so the GS can keep in contact with you via meebo and mail. Then the GS will be able to have their own confirmation that the sale went through without waiting for both sides to confirm. (adding the GS on forums can also be step 3 instead of step 4)

• Part 5: The GS will give the gear to the buyer and the payment to the seller after everything has gone through.

*Notes*
- GSs are not "required" for trades, they just provide extra insurance
- Also, it is not required of a GS to participate in any trade they do not want to help with
- GS are not allowed to assist in AP card buying
- Please also take a look at Stranger Danger - Tips to Avoid Scammers by SailorSpira

Snowydew

Rank 5
Snowydew
FAQ
General Questions... If you have any other questions, please ask in this thread and I will add it to the FAQ if applicable.

• If I bought item shortly before or after the promotion started, will I still qualify?
    - No. You must buy the item within the time frame given on the thread. To know whether the promotion began/ended already, you can use the world clocks or You can also use the shoutbox (which adds a timestamp to each post based on server time). Aeria Games and Entertainment runs on Pacific time... Generally GMT-7. You can look up the time in California to get AGE time for the promotions and events they run.

• For a GM enchant do I have to provide the Lapisia and enchantment in addition to the Shaiya placeholder letter and item to be enchanted?
    - No, you do not need to provide lapisia for the GM Enchant. Your placeholder counts as the lapisia for the enchant.

• How are level 70 Enchantments done?
    - Level 70 enchantments are done much the same way as any other enchantment but the item must already be [1] or more. GMs can not enchant a level 70 weapon or piece of armor from [0].

• For a GM link do you need to provide the Lapis?
    - Yes, you must provide the lapis you wish to be linked in a GM (ticketed) link. Otherwise you can just use the Perfect Linking Hammer at the blacksmith. (Side note: Don't carry an Lucky Charm on you when linking with a PLH... at all other times it is good practice to do so)

• Can you include more than one enchant in a ticket?
    - Yes, you can provide more than one enchant in a ticket. All you have to do is provide the information as the same as before. Make sure to include where the placeholder and item you want to be enchanted is located. If you are using more than one placeholder on one item, just include that you have X amount of letter [insert placeholder here] and the enchant before and after the X placeholders are used.

• On average how long does it take between making the request for a GM enchant / Max OJ and the change being made?
    - It should take around 3-5 days depending on how backlogged the GMs are doing tickets but the full and official amount of days to go by is 10 business days.

• Is it mandatory to place the items to be enchanted or maxed in the warehouse or can they be kept equipped?
    - Yes, It is necessary to either have the items left in Bank or in your Warehouse. The GMs won't go hunting for your items and will send a return ticket asking you to place them there so they can more easily find it and not tamper with your other equipment. The sooner they find your Item, the sooner it can be completed.

• Can I split an enchant that is more than +1 between two items if still within the max [#]?
    - Yes, you can split Y letters (+2 and +1 between two items), but not I's. Both items must still be below [18] for the enchant to work. That means your request should look like as follows:
    Account Name:
    The Placeholder Item(s) you are using:
    Where is the Place Holder Located:
    Will You Be Spliting the Enchant: (Y|N)
    Name(s) of Item(s) to be Enchanted:
    Where the Item(s) is(are) Located:
    First Item
    Item level of enchantment already:
    Item level of enchantment after GM Enchant:
    Second Item
    Item level of enchant already:
    Item level of enchant after GM Enchant:
    etc

Please consolidate all enchant requests into a single ticket. Do not use multiple tickets for multiple items: this will slow down the process and delay completion

• If I don't redeem the prizes before the tier promotion ends, what happens?
    - Nothing happens. You don't get the rewards you qualified for, unless you redeem the prizes within the time frame.

• Can I somehow get the tier rewards anyway, even if I missed the redeeming time?
    - No. Make sure you redeem the prizes before the promotion ends or you will lose them forever. Though if there is an issue with putting the promotion in on time and the error is because of AGE, then you can submit a ticket with a link to the promotion and an SS of the time under "Missed Promotion".

• If I spend twice as much AP as the maximum tier, do I get all the tier spenders twice?
    - Generally No. You can qualify for each tier only once, no matter how much AP you spend unless it is specifically stated that the tiered spender promotion is repeatable.

• Does it matter for the Raffle whether I buy the item in game or on the web mall?
    - Unless the thread says otherwise, it does not matter. As long as you buy the specified item, you get entered into the raffle. Although do note that if you want to participate in other promotions, like the BOGO ones, at the same time, you will need to buy the ones in web item mall.

• When and how will I know whether I won the Raffle?
    - The winner will be announced in the original promotion thread. The GM will edit the original post to include the winners. This is generally done within a week after the promotion have ended.

• Do I have to do anything to get the Raffle prize?
    - Raffles usually give items that are either class specific (gears) or race specific (mounts). This means that you will be asked to send a ticket (usually within two weeks to a month after the winners have been posted) with the account name and the reward you want to get from the given list. If the reward is neither class nor race specific (like lapis), the item will be automatically sent to your bank shortly after the winners are posted.

• Do the raffle items bought and the reward count toward other promotions?
    - The rewards does not generally count toward other promotions, but if the items that must be bought for the ticket are part of a different promotion (are on sale, or during a tiered spender promotion, etc) then you can take advantage of both promotions at the same time.

• Is there a limit on how many Raffle items I can buy to get the tickets?
    - No. The more you buy, the higher your chances.

Snowydew

Rank 5
Snowydew
PostedMar 23, 2012 2:54 pm
Useful Links