Maeyi

Rank 2
Maeyi
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:42 pm
minahope wrote:
Sometimes people sneak up and aoe, or accidently aoe, or they themselves are a stealth class and aoe just for the fun of killing noobs. \o/. My idea isnt the greatest, Just thinking of it as a way to stop lower lvls from QQing because high lvls kill them.  

No, your idea wasn't bad at all -everything has good points and bad points.

I'm just getting rational because I get mixed up with alot of complaining about TM. xD

Now my point of view is- Don't wanna end up complaining? Don't join; even if a highbie didn't kill them they'd end up struck by lightning, if they went through to the major rounds they'd get killed by beast. If they made brackets for TM they'd have to make a whole new 'Maze' that lowbies could handle since 1) Lowbies would get eaten in the current Maze. 2) They're lowbies how are they to know what to do? xD

Someone who restored little faith in me who was level 42 said "I was getting chased and killed but it was such a thrill anyway" Why can't other lowbies be like that and just have fun... D;

Advertisement

minahope

Rank 2
minahope
Outside Ghosts Window In The United States
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:47 pm
I agree the complaining will never stop *_*. im 75 on quill, i do tm sometimes, if i accidently aoe and kill some lower lvls they complain, so, simply the idea would be, let them not be visable at all to higher lvls, even if they aoe. and if they even manage to live, lightning is gunna hit anyways. No ones fault there, so they cant really complain.

Maeyi

Rank 2
Maeyi
PostedMar 03, 2012 12:54 pm
True which is why I love it when my YellChat gets full of "what was that!" from random people I don't know in five minutes. xD

I'm not sure about them not being visible at all, though- it seems a bit iffy. Could probably make TM shorter though since high levels would be searching for 10lower instead of being lost in a crowd of noobs who they had the urge to kill. Razz

orangezesty

Rank 2
orangezesty
PostedMar 05, 2012 8:23 am
Trial maze is meant for higher level to win. You get a prize that is meant for only higher levels to use. You already get a substantial amount of exp for just entering trial maze (before the fight even starts). So there is no point for a level 30 be given equal chance as a level 85 to win trial maze. If a low level complains then they complain we can't really control that, but at the same time there is no need to cater to them just because they want to win TM for no reason more then exp since the prize is useless (when 80 yellow set were release and drops added to current dungeon even the TM prize became useless). I don't know the exp amount for lower level in TM but id assume its quite a bit.

Also lower levels/new players lucky. They had their exp needed to level cut down, given dailies and TM for easy exp. When i started there was no msmf or anything just had to do rep quest (merch rep, WW rep, Pirate Rep, osi/killing worms in gaia woodland, etc etc). So I believe lower level players now are already given plenty of easy way to level and should take advantage over it rather then try to change an arena to their needs when said arena was made for higher levels to win and not lower (though they do win rarely due to stealth or some other things I wont state).

retired

Maeyi

Rank 2
Maeyi
PostedMar 05, 2012 8:44 am
orangezesty wrote:
Trial maze is meant for higher level to win. You get a prize that is meant for only higher levels to use. You already get a substantial amount of exp for just entering trial maze (before the fight even starts). So there is no point for a level 30 be given equal chance as a level 85 to win trial maze. If a low level complains then they complain we can't really control that, but at the same time there is no need to cater to them just because they want to win TM for no reason more then exp since the prize is useless (when 80 yellow set were release and drops added to current dungeon even the TM prize became useless). I don't know the exp amount for lower level in TM but id assume its quite a bit.

Also lower levels/new players lucky. They had their exp needed to level cut down, given dailies and TM for easy exp. When i started there was no msmf or anything just had to do rep quest (merch rep, WW rep, Pirate Rep, osi/killing worms in gaia woodland, etc etc). So I believe lower level players now are already given plenty of easy way to level and should take advantage over it rather then try to change an arena to their needs when said arena was made for higher levels to win and not lower (though they do win rarely due to stealth or some other things I wont state).  

Couldn't agree more but their statement is trying to not die the first round -getting slaughtered by high levels. Not winning the Maze. o.o

orangezesty

Rank 2
orangezesty
PostedMar 05, 2012 9:07 am
Maeyi wrote:
orangezesty wrote:

Couldn't agree more but their statement is trying to not die the first round -getting slaughtered by high levels. Not winning the Maze. o.o  

If you don't want to die the first round whats the best way to do it? Level up!. Lower level cant really complain they have a hard time leveling because they cant get past TM especially after the exp change and dialies that just becomes an excuse (bad one at that). Lower levels should have no chance in TM unless they level up so there is no need to cater to them living past first round either. If you cant take the time to level up why should you be able to get past the first round. Especially since TM is basically survival of the fittest (sometimes luckiest, but luck is a skill too). Therefore trying to make a solution so low level can live past first round is just ruining the point of TM. The best and only solution to this should be to level up, not to QQ about it because they just want to live longer in an arena where the strongest are meant to dominate and the weakest die first

retired

KylieghRein

Rank 2
KylieghRein
PostedMar 05, 2012 10:03 am
sonicsa3 wrote:
This arena and territory wars were meant to PUNISH lower levels and reward the best of the best. If anything brackets should be removed from ALL arenas to encourage leveling.

Just level up. Trial maze is a free for all.  

Lol, that's certainly an amusing way to put it. Despite the fact that lower levels die quickly (as a person who was low level alts), I see no reason to fix TM, just accept that you're going to die and move on. It's an arena made for higher levels, I highly doubt they will chnage anything to do with TM, as someone with a now higher level character I find the new found compeition fun. Plus there's really no way to split the levels effectively, it wouldn't be fair to those trying to kill in their 10 level bracket. Also since when is it fair (or done) for game to give out free XP, leveling has and should always be a challenge that's part of the game, it's what makes it fun Smile

Auradria

Rank 0
Auradria
PostedMar 07, 2012 10:53 am
I'm thinking I owe another reply to this since it actually got attention.

Anyway I knew I was going to get the "just level up and stop complaining" bit. That I knew was coming. And yes Leveling up is quite useful I know. Hey I'm level 41 I haven't stopped leveling.

This was just pretty much something I felt I needed to write down and get out there. I still play TM.

I think I was just upset at the time I wrote it cause I was killed BEFORE the game even began from someone aggravating the monster in the cage as I rounded a corner KOing me in one hit. Meh I'm just more careful now. I'm not going to make the same mistake on my part like that again.

Maeyi

Rank 2
Maeyi
PostedMar 07, 2012 11:46 am
Oh, FUUUU! I hate it when some idiot hits the monster, luckily I don't die but many others do, isn't it bannable to hit the monsters before the fight?