Legancy51

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2012 9:44 am

Akamai

Help
Hi i just made a new account
i downloaded the downloader but it stucks at the first progressbar and shows a message Cannot install Akamai.
I Think this doesnt required any dxdiag log file because its a downloader and not in-game technical issue
Advertisement

CHOAM

Rank 5
CHOAM
PostedMar 04, 2012 10:01 am

Re: Akamai

Help
Legancy51 wrote:
Hi i just made a new account
i downloaded the downloader but it stucks at the first progressbar and shows a message Cannot install Akamai.
I Think this doesnt required any dxdiag log file because its a downloader and not in-game technical issue  
Akamai has problems, try this instead

Rheyanna

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Akami

Continuing issues
Apparently what ever was causing Akami to malfunction before, is still an on going issue. That makes it difficult for me since I had to say sayonara to my more compatible laptop due to major technical failures, and go with an archaic system that had not been used for quite a while, which I finally got updated with XP SP3. Well whatever the issues, Akami will not install, and I know it is not a dxdiag issue, as I did check, and am running the latest updates for DX 9.0c amongst other things. So unless there is an alternative to Akami, I may have no choice but to sayonara to Shaiya as well.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedApr 03, 2012 5:13 am

Re: Akami

Continuing issues
Rheyanna wrote:
Apparently what ever was causing Akami to malfunction before, is still an on going issue. That makes it difficult for me since I had to say sayonara to my more compatible laptop due to major technical failures, and go with an archaic system that had not been used for quite a while, which I finally got updated with XP SP3. Well whatever the issues, Akami will not install, and I know it is not a dxdiag issue, as I did check, and am running the latest updates for DX 9.0c amongst other things. So unless there is an alternative to Akami, I may have no choice but to sayonara to Shaiya as well.  

there are mirror downloads without akamai... just google for it.

or check the bottom of this page where you can download a self-extracting file ( from a dropbox ) without using akamai

signature of xybolt

GuidoFawkes

Rank 0
GuidoFawkes
PostedApr 03, 2012 5:45 am
Vaf kept his alt download for too long and spoiled AGE techs...

Death solves all problems - no man, no problem. (Children of the Arbat by Anatoly Rybakov) Or forum style no post, no problem

night_24light

Rank 0
PostedApr 15, 2012 6:00 pm
Your FireWall lock it.

Save the shortcut download on your Descktop ( or where you like ) select it / right click and ' Run as Administrator ' ... while the download start, at half-way Firewall will ask your ' permissione to unlock/lock ' Akami installer..chose 'unlock' and you will see it will download all.

32202nathan

Rank 0
32202nathan
PostedJun 20, 2012 8:15 pm
I bypassed this difficulty. I had a previous version of Akamai on my old laptop which i broke, and said lap top I had downloaded Repulse while it was a beta. I connected my old LP to my new one and downloaded Akamai from it. I dont know why, but it seems like we cant download Akamai with the game.