SchizoCrazy

Rank 0
SchizoCrazy
PostedFeb 19, 2012 1:24 am

Ethereous Armageddon

Chapter 1- Blockade
Chapter 1- Blockade

Leaving the small home I was in was a rather nice feeling. The first thing I felt was shade. The kind of shade that comes from giant leafy green trees that just feels better than any other shade. The smell was rather pleasant as well, an earthy scent that just fit so well with the mining equipment that accompanied the forest surrounding them.

Clad in clothes that the woman, Cynthia, had given me, I followed after the other man, taking note of how as soon as my muscles had stretched some, I felt no bit of strain whatsoever from running.

"So uhh... what's your name?" I asked, realizing the I couldn't just call him 'the male' every time I referred him.

"Hmm... so your memory really has been erased... shame. My name is D'niq. We used to be great friends before," he answered back, quickening his pace towards a... well, I honestly couldn't tell what it was. It was some sort of balloon connected to a crystal by a green coil. The coil bounced endlessly, slowly, as though a child pulled at its bottom and let it spring back up in slow motion.

We didn't talk after that, him in a state of deep thought and me just feeling plain awkward. However when we reached the balloon, he looked back at me.

"Hold on tight," he said, grabbing my hand firmly and reaching forward and grabbing the crystal at the bottom.

I didn't even have time to think, my hand squeezed tightly around his. As soon as he made contact with the crystal, I felt our bodies being sucked up the coil. We were sucked into a sort of sphere with many small tunnels in it that had a magical glow about them, but before i had the chance to observe it too much, we shot up.

As our essences-- I couldn't say bodies since we didn't really have a physical form at the moment-- shot up, we left the balloon at an alarming rate. we followed a trail going straight up into the air, the rest of the world shrinking around us. We started going at an angle, headed for a rift in the sky that had seemingly appeared from no where.

There was something off about the rift though. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it but it felt as if the inside of the rift shouldn't look as though a toddler drawn over it with black crayon. Just before we reached the rift, I felt our essences slam into something. Our bodies returned to us in less than a moment and our felt our bodies begin to drop from the sky, the sudden weight bring us down fast.

As we fell, I looked over at D'niq and saw his eyes close, has arms over his head braced for impact. I quickly did the same before I lost consciousness the second we made contact.

-------------

Am I the only one who feels this was a bit repetitive? And rushed?
Advertisement

vengeancereborn

Rank 1
vengeancereborn
PostedFeb 20, 2012 12:53 am
I think that it is neither rushed or repetitive. Its good Very Happy
Where are those 2 going?

I eat trolls for breakfast

SchizoCrazy

Rank 0
SchizoCrazy
PostedFeb 22, 2012 11:50 pm
That was my sorry attempt to explain them getting to Eden. You know, where the guild towns are? Kinda tweaked it so they go through the Warp Portal rather than wherever they **** well please. And the whole rift thing came from the Pope or something like that. o.o