xorubyred

Rank 0
xorubyred
PostedFeb 19, 2012 5:38 am

Re: No Reward In Site

Smackstick wrote:
Im sure that there are countless posts regarding what I am about to write, but reflection on the past week's events had me thinking:

My guild used to defend those territories with pride. Sure on some weeks we would have the stacks up so high that it became a real challenge, but everyone came together to win it.

Now, rather than a contest of guilds, this TW is more like Kindergarten where anyone can win. I have literally seen guilds with only three to five players in attendance win a territory because they did enough damage to get on the boards and get a percent chance.

Bring back the territory wars where a guild defends what they have. Make it a symbol of guild success rather than random chance.

It is truthfully an affront to all the hard work spent in recruiting and developing a town to position this new version of territory wars as a guild contest. I can appreciate that it is likely the response to people requesting an easier way for their guild to win, but some things simply should go to the best - not the roll of the dice.

When guilds were allowed to defend what they had they had the chance to determine who was best. Now, all you have to do is show up, aggro a crystal and wait to see if you win the lottery. I hope you have plans to adjust this in the future.  

another +1 for smacky! <3

Seriously, TW used to be fun and a challenge. Each TW was different and strategy actually mattered. Now it's usually go in and do nothing after 5 mins. If you're on the team with 3 top guilds, tag all crystals then wait around for 25min *hoping* your guild gets lucky and wins. The new TW is based on chance way too much and not about the capability of each guild.
Advertisement

Dash612

Rank 4
Dash612
PostedFeb 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Its pretty obvious at this point that no one that can change a thing about tw cares

helltux

Rank 0
PostedFeb 20, 2012 5:21 am
As I've seen TW 2 is all about who does more damage to a crystal.... It should be a guild battle.
I joinned a few these last days and both teams ignore each other and hit the crystal. Then proceed to the next one... NO FUN AT ALL.